Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-02-2013, 12:06 AM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,237 times

Advertisements

well i never said that about mel, so... i just meant to say when i hear stuff like this (this horrible mistake by reese and her husband)i feel more sad than anything. it was stupid and wrong and bad. no excuse at all. i see it as a serious problem. not as a joke or a reason to throw stones at them. that's all i was trying to say. i am not excusing or condoning their drunk driving at all. i hope they both have a severe enough consequence that they will never do this again and will get help if they have a problem with alcoholism. and as far as reese mouthing off. i do give her a pass on that. again, consequences for sure. you can't talk like that to a cop, yep even if your drunk. but...she was drunk and people do stupid stuff when drunk. it's what alcohol does, makes us stupid sometimes. i don't agree that it's a truth serum always. sometimes people do and say things they would never say or do while sober. that's my story and i'm sticking to it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2013, 09:06 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,791,113 times
Thumbs down courtesy of TMZ--arrest video released

Reese Witherspoon Arrest DASH CAM VIDEO -- Crazier Than You Thought! | TMZ.com

Old 05-03-2013, 08:50 AM

2,945 posts, read 4,990,784 times

She wasn't drunk. She was pissed and entitled.

I have to obey your orders? No sir, I do not. Uh yeah you do. He didn't know if she had a gun or something. He's dealing with the driver so you sit your ass in the car and do as you're told.

And then the I'm pregnant and need to go to the bathroom are you serious? As if he's going to stop his investigation to take you to the bathroom?

Smh...

Old 05-03-2013, 09:43 AM

863 posts, read 1,129,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post

She wasn't drunk. She was pissed and entitled.

I have to obey your orders? No sir, I do not. Uh yeah you do. He didn't know if she had a gun or something. He's dealing with the driver so you sit your ass in the car and do as you're told.

And then the I'm pregnant and need to go to the bathroom are you serious? As if he's going to stop his investigation to take you to the bathroom?

Smh...
You should read the idiotic Facebook comments at the bottom of the page siding with Reece . Many of those morons think that she had a right to obstruct justice. Not to mention the fact that HER HUSBAND DROVE DRUNK!

I swear, those comments are akin to saying "that cop should have shot (the suspect) in the arm...why did he have to kill that man?" Uhhh because that man also had a gun and shooting him in the arm doesn't completely stop him from harming someone else. Moreover, it's an adrenaline rush...it's not like a movie where he's completely calm and able to shoot one round and hit critical mass while blindfolded and an arm tied behind his back.

Old 05-03-2013, 10:08 AM

985 posts, read 1,853,727 times
I have never seen as many handcuffed people at home in my lifetime as I did on several weeks' vacation in America.
If that video is authentic it is a disgrace to the entire American police system.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:09 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,597,926 times
I can't watch the video now but while she was doing all this ranting, did her husband tell her to sthu or anything?

Also, a reporter last night on CNN I believe was attempting to defend her I guess and kept saying she was America's sweetheart. Huh? I didn't know that.

Old 05-03-2013, 11:15 AM

582 posts, read 1,118,712 times
What does the husband mean when he says, "I had nothing to do with that"? Is he throwing Reese – his drunk wife – under the bus ?

Old 05-03-2013, 11:33 AM

9,614 posts, read 21,265,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DejaBlue View Post

Smh...
Haven't watched the video or read anything about this out side this thread, but on top of it all she was drinking AND pregnant?

Old 05-03-2013, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
I can't watch the video now but while she was doing all this ranting, did her husband tell her to sthu or anything?

Also, a reporter last night on CNN I believe was attempting to defend her I guess and kept saying she was America's sweetheart. Huh? I didn't know that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevergirl05 View Post
What does the husband mean when he says, "I had nothing to do with that"? Is he throwing Reese – his drunk wife – under the bus ?

her husband was saying something to her but his voice is not picked up on the recording until he tells the cops he had nothing to do with her antics.

Seems he was asking or telling her to stop.

more here :http://www.people.com/people/article...697207,00.html

Last edited by PippySkiddles; 05-03-2013 at 02:18 PM..

Old 05-03-2013, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geggo View Post
I have never seen as many handcuffed people at home in my lifetime as I did on several weeks' vacation in America.
If that video is authentic it is a disgrace to the entire American police system.
I don't understand your complaint.
You're blaming the police for having to handcuff idiots who don't know how to behave?
Try being a cop one day and see if you feel safe out and about having to deal with all the fools running amok

Last edited by PippySkiddles; 05-03-2013 at 02:18 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities