Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2013, 07:19 AM

4,899 posts, read 6,225,763 times

Advertisements

She owns several properties.

Oprah's Hawaiian Home - Oprah.com

The FABULOUS Homes, Planes, And Other Toys Of Oprah Winfrey - Business Insider
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2013, 10:19 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by baileyvpotter View Post
I wonder who manages those properties for her? You'd have to keep some sort of staff there all year 'round, wouldn't you?

With so much money, how could you trust people? I can understand why some wealthy people have a very hard shell and have a reputation for being tough. All sorts of con men must flock around them. You'd have to have a good 'bs' detector, and even then you probably get snookered from time to time.

Does Lavallette, NJ, even have the mansions that she's used to? It seems very small to me. I know there are some folks with money there, but nothing of Oprah's magnitude.

I know she's probably driven to build her empire, but maybe she should just retire? I think I would.

Old 09-08-2013, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldengrain View Post
I wonder who manages those properties for her? You'd have to keep some sort of staff there all year 'round, wouldn't you?
With so much money, how could you trust people? I can understand why some wealthy people have a very hard shell and have a reputation for being tough. All sorts of con men must flock around them. You'd have to have a good 'bs' detector, and even then you probably get snookered from time to time.
Does Lavallette, NJ, even have the mansions that she's used to? It seems very small to me. I know there are some folks with money there, but nothing of Oprah's magnitude.

I know she's probably driven to build her empire, but maybe she should just retire? I think I would.
I don't think she will ever retire....loves the limelight. She had a place in Indiana about 12 years ago and
sold that. Another modest little retreat.

Oprah Unloads Indiana Farm Hideaway - Oprah Winfrey : People.com

Old 09-08-2013, 11:32 AM

12,406 posts, read 18,972,661 times
I watched a show on OWN recently. I try to avoid it, frankly. It was a business oriented show in which customers are selected to help turn a business around. This was a Mrs.Field's Cookie business. I was really disgusted with how the two selected women carried on about those dumb cookies. Nobody mentioned how full of fat and sugar they are. I tried one about thirty years back and it was not even as good as home made. If you're going to eat something that is fattening, it should also be good for you, or at the least, tasty.

These shows are obviously just put on to drum up customers for failing enterprises. So fake, and not anything like The Profit, where there is real business knowledge and challenge.

Old 09-08-2013, 12:25 PM

^^^agree with you about those cookies, made my own & my kids (although grown now) keep asking if I can make them
again. Answer, no.....I did my time and I'm watching my waist line.
Was going to rep you, but you know....have to spread some reputations points....
ps...I avoid OWN, her magazines and her too.

Old 09-09-2013, 10:30 AM

2,757 posts, read 4,001,614 times
Oprah hasn't been on The Walking Dead or Game of Thrones.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities