Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-03-2022, 04:28 PM

19,897 posts, read 9,453,564 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
I read Carroll O'Connor's son committed suicide because he couldn't beat an addiction.

Actually, two of Bing Crosby's sons committed suicide. I learned this due to one of them being in one of my favorite movies. I acquired the impression their father was very hard on them.
Yes, in 1977, Bing Crosby received a lot of criticism for saying that he would disown his daughter if she ever lived with a man. Also, his son Gary wrote a book saying that his father was cold, distant and physically abusive. However, Gary's younger brother said that Bing was a great father, and that Gary had exaggerated.
Source: TV BANTER . . . with Joanne Madden : Whatever happened to Mary Crosby after she shot J.R.?.

Anyway, this topic reminds me of Mommie Dearest. (I always thought that even though Joan Crawford was certainly no angel, Christina Crawford was an spoiled and vindictive little brat, and it was the misfortune of both that Joan ever adopted her. Btw, this is another case where the oldest child had a far different memory of a parent than the younger sibling(s) did.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2022, 04:50 PM

88,741 posts, read 85,100,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousgeorge5 View Post
I read Carroll O'Connor's son committed suicide because he couldn't beat an addiction.

Actually, two of Bing Crosby's sons committed suicide. I learned this due to one of them being in one of my favorite movies. I acquired the impression their father was very hard on them.
Yeah, don't you remember Carroll O'Connor publicly identifying Hugh's drug dealer and addressing him in the press?

Old 02-04-2022, 02:38 PM

1,122 posts, read 966,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by writerwife View Post
It proves that everybody, rich or poor, needs God.
Why do people blame God for their own stupid mistakes and decisions? He's not a puppetmaster.
So very true.

Old 02-04-2022, 02:49 PM

1,122 posts, read 966,249 times
She had so much going for her besides her looks. I wish they would discontinue these pageants.

Not to go completely off the track here...there are young girls committing suicide because they get on Instagram - view these celebs who only talk about appearances/looks. I stumbled onto Lisa Rinna's (Housewives of Beverly Hills) Instagram one day and was taken back. She dances in front of the camera in Lingerie in her bedroom- she's skinny and has to be pushing 60 now. Then we have Brittany Spears doing the same thing showing off her body. These young girls cannot compete and feel horrible. Some end up taking their lives. It's very sad.

Old 02-04-2022, 06:39 PM
Status: "Hate is too easy, Love takes courage." (set 1 day ago)

2,047 posts, read 3,366,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzybint View Post
I read that shed left messages on a site saying she didnt like being 30.
I saw this also - it was something about being 30, and not having hardly any time left to accomplish the things she wanted to do - and the changes she still wanted to make in the world. SMH. (I'm 62 and *I* get scared about not having time left - i try to force myself to stop thinking about it! (I also deal with almost lifelong depression and bi-polar - with meds.) Yet by taking her life, she took ALL chances away of doing any more of the good she was doing...

I think that "idea" just proves what kind of mental health issues she was dealing with, sadly.

People could learn so much from this loss... there IS so much to learn about depression and other mental health illnesses.

Many other well-off, attractive, popular, seemingly happy and "having it all" people have taken their own lives. When your thinking doesn't allow you to see any other end to your pain - there is only one way out.

Old 02-04-2022, 10:04 PM

2,605 posts, read 2,334,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
Yeah, don't you remember Carroll O'Connor publicly identifying Hugh's drug dealer and addressing him in the press?
No.

Old 02-11-2022, 06:50 PM

10,380 posts, read 6,928,549 times
Once the cheers fall silent....

Lots of pro sports athletes have this problem too...

Seau was one of 'em.

Old 02-11-2022, 06:52 PM

15,722 posts, read 9,556,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
And more recently a former baseball player

Former MLB OF Jeremy Giambi's Death at Age 47 Ruled a Suicide in Coroner's Report

Old 02-12-2022, 12:44 AM

6,616 posts, read 4,904,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
Once the cheers fall silent....

Seau was one of 'em.

I don't think she was in it for acclaim - per her essay, she was raised to automatically achieve - and I don't think many pro athletes are either.

Junior Seau's brain was rotting away.

Old 02-14-2022, 10:09 AM

18,544 posts, read 18,814,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aeran View Post
I know. It is a puzzle. She accomplished so much and had so many things going for her. It is quite puzzling!
As for those baby pageants. Those are freaky!
Baby pageants are child abuse plain and simple.. I watched and American documentary about these children and not one was happy.. they hates all the hair tugging and teasing. and they were having harmful spray tans done too. as well of course as makeup and hair and nail extensions.. these mothers should be horsewhipped.. they really should.. One wee girl even had false teeth.. for these crazy contests.. it should all be stopped..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities