Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2022, 04:58 PM

29,528 posts, read 22,735,060 times

Advertisements

Terrible, feel sad for her family and loved ones. She was beautiful.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/former-mi...232340087.html

Quote:
Cheslie Kryst, who won the Miss USA sash in 2019, has died after a fall from her high-rise Manhattan apartment building. She was 30.

Her family confirmed Kryst’s death in a Sunday statement. “Her great light was one that inspired others around the world with her beauty and strength,” it read. “She cared, she loved, she laughed and she shined.” The family said the pageant-winner had “embodied love and served others” and that “her impact will live on.”
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2022, 09:25 AM

11,201 posts, read 9,106,931 times
It seems like she was depressed from winning the title and the backlash that she received on her age and physique.

How come these pageants haven't been cancelled yet? Miss USA, Universe, etc.

Old 01-31-2022, 09:29 AM

15,713 posts, read 9,551,782 times
Whatever the reason for her suicide, it is extremely sad.

Old 01-31-2022, 10:16 AM

1,954 posts, read 707,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Ryu View Post
It seems like she was depressed from winning the title and the backlash that she received on her age and physique.

How come these pageants haven't been cancelled yet? Miss USA, Universe, etc.
She was also accomplished - held a law and MBA degree. So much going for her. What a sad story.

And worse still, are those toddler pageants still around?

Old 01-31-2022, 04:39 PM

15,653 posts, read 10,425,074 times
The beautiful, young, and accomplished can and do suffer clinical depression. Depression is a brain disease that affects every social class, age, sex, race, and income level.

Tragically, admitting to clinical depression still has a negative social stigma that prevents too many people from getting the help they need. Also, most people don't recognize the signs of depression in their friends and family until after their loved one's suicide.

Old 01-31-2022, 05:16 PM

1,395 posts, read 734,536 times
Very, very sad.

Horrific for the family that she chose to jump from a 29-story building leaving nightmare images in family and friends mind's eye.

Old 01-31-2022, 08:40 PM

8,938 posts, read 4,785,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2 Scoops View Post
She was also accomplished - held a law and MBA degree. So much going for her. What a sad story.

And worse still, are those toddler pageants still around?
I know. It is a puzzle. She accomplished so much and had so many things going for her. It is quite puzzling!
As for those baby pageants. Those are freaky!

Old 02-01-2022, 12:44 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,470,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The beautiful, young, and accomplished can and do suffer clinical depression. Depression is a brain disease that affects every social class, age, sex, race, and income level.

Tragically, admitting to clinical depression still has a negative social stigma that prevents too many people from getting the help they need. Also, most people don't recognize the signs of depression in their friends and family until after their loved one's suicide.
She actually was recorded speaking candidly about how she acknowledges her mental health and how she copes. I watched footage shown this evening on our local news.

I think the garbage she was exposed to on social media was overwhelming her. She spoke about how much vitriol she had to delete from her profile.

The anonymity of the internet has emboldened lots of cowardly and malicious people to sling insults that they normally would never be able to before the internet. And now they can interact with celebrities, which before was impossible unless you were connected to the entertainment industry. Now all you need is a screen and wifi and the world is your oyster.

She was an accomplished, successful and popular person aside from being a beautiful person. It's tragic that she chose to end her life, because she still had so much living left to do. Was she depressed? You're absolutely right, people who have everything going for them can suffer from depression and might see suicide as a viable solution. Anthony Bourdain, Chester Bennington, and so many more have shown us this. It's indeed a tragedy. I was very saddened to learn about this young lady's death.

Old 02-01-2022, 12:22 PM

1,122 posts, read 965,578 times
I have been a victim of cyberbullying and trolling by people who just did not like me. I had a breakdown in December. Someone posted my picture on another outlet calling me a Racist- Nazi among other nasty vile words. The link was put on Nextdoor - I appreciate City- Data because they do not put up with that. I never received an apology from Nextdoor. I cancelled it.

Former Miss USA Cheslie Kryst was bullied online. This needs to stop on ALL Social Platforms. We need to do more about people who go after others. For myself, I have dealt with PTSD for many years. Have been in therapy for years due to it. You do not always know what others are dealing with...My heart hurts for Cheslie's family.

I should be able to post-connect with others without being hounded or bullied.

For me, being called a Nazi is just horrendous considering I learned at a very early age what the Nazi's did to the Jewish people that affected me greatly. I learned by picking up my late father's Natl. Geographic Magazine that did an article on it. I was 10 yrs old (I'm 68 yrs old now) and loved to read. Young people/Older people throw around that word Nazi way too often especially when they do not like someone. They need to read up on what the Nazi's did...

We all need to be careful in how we talk and most certainly never go after another human being by harassing and bullying them. I feel safe here and this is why I came back to City-Data.

Old 02-01-2022, 12:29 PM

11,089 posts, read 6,945,382 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaGal View Post
I have been a victim of cyberbullying and trolling by people who just did not like me. I had a breakdown in December. Someone posted my picture on another outlet calling me a Racist- Nazi among other nasty vile words. The link was put on Nextdoor - I appreciate City- Data because they do not put up with that. I never received an apology from Nextdoor. I cancelled it.

Former Miss USA Cheslie Kryst was bullied online. This needs to stop on ALL Social Platforms. We need to do more about people who go after others. For myself, I have dealt with PTSD for many years. Have been in therapy for years due to it. You do not always know what others are dealing with...My heart hurts for Cheslie's family.

I should be able to post-connect with others without being hounded or bullied.

For me, being called a Nazi is just horrendous considering I learned at a very early age what the Nazi's did to the Jewish people that affected me greatly. I learned by picking up my late father's Natl. Geographic Magazine that did an article on it. I was 10 yrs old (I'm 68 yrs old now) and loved to read. Young people/Older people throw around that word Nazi way too often especially when they do not like someone. They need to read up on what the Nazi's did...

We all need to be careful in how we talk and most certainly never go after another human being by harassing and bullying them. I feel safe here and this is why I came back to City-Data.
I am not surprised you did not receive an apology from Nextdoor. It is not a well-run website or company. Not only that, while there is some good stuff on there it's a lot of people complaining about really stupid stuff and first world problems in their upper middle class to upper class communities. I tried it 3 different times and got rid of all three. Have never gone back. Seems very authoritarian and behind the scenes political. I've seen people have legitimate concerns and they never get a response accepted just be blocked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities