Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-19-2009, 09:58 AM
pll

1,112 posts, read 2,488,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by virgode View Post
Thats right, those kids heard every one of her remarks and snarky looks.
I didn't read it on TMZ either, it was TLC. Wow, talk about role models.
I agree
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 01:09 PM

2,212 posts, read 5,156,938 times
[quote=Sunil's Dad;10339617]
Quote:
Originally Posted by the3Ds View Post

If that is the case, why are you on this thread? I have not chosen sides. I am an objective observer of this couple, who has so graciously allowed me, you and the rest of the planet in on the mundane details of their life with their eight children.

Makes sense. But I still don't understand the thrust of the first part of this, above.
No, I usually agree with what you're saying. My point in saying it's futile is that there is no reason to argue with someone who is clearly on either Jon or Kate's side. Many of the posters here have strong opinions of both of them and if you (like me) think that they are both acting stupidly, you are not going to convince a "Jon Hater" that it's Kate who is contributing to the problem as well. Neither one of them is a "sympathetic character" but I enjoy taking 20 minutes or so out of my week (I DVR then fast forward) to watch the two of them. When I turn it off, I usually have the same opinion of them when I started. It's the old episodes (today they are showing the "Little Pumpkins" episode when things were happy)that make me sad for the children.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:14 PM

Quote:
What teenagers are Jon seeing, you ppl can sure embellish a story.
Of course it's embellishing! She's 22...but having been a 22 year old myself, I can't remember much of a maturity leap from 18 to 22. At 22, you are fresh out of college with a degree in your hand. She can now drink legally, but the difference between a 22 year old and a 32 year old (Jon) is extreme. Once you hit 30, hanging out with 22 year olds is a little pathetic. Especially if you are a dad of 8.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gone2long View Post
there was no mention of abuse in my post---my OPINION is based on his dating choices and bringing them home--it will and could harm the kids---

Any professional would NOT approve of bringing a changing parade of girlfriends into a home where there is already stress/changes!
[/b]
I agree with you 100% about CPS. They do the best they can often with limited resources. Your previous posts, however, are implying that the Gosselin children are being put in danger by Jon's girlfriend (hardly a "parade") and that is simply untrue and has never been mentioned by anyone, not even a gossip magazine. Since gossip magazines are full of "Woman gives birth to alien" stories, if there was even a whisper of abuse in the Gosselin's home, it would be front and center on every magazine in the store.

Children are taken out of homes because of drug use, sexual abuse, physical abuse or neglect. They don't get taken away from parents because "Daddy has a new girlfriend that mommy hates." Bringing home girlfriends or boyfriends IS confusing to children, but let's be honest...that is the least of the Gosselin kid's problems.

Old 08-19-2009, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
Yes.......and that's the most important part of this.
I always find it funny when someone goes on a reality tv show then says "I'm really not like that." If you come out and make rude comments and the camera happens to catch it, then whose fault is that other than your own? Of course there is editing, but it's Kate who has made snarky comments over and over again to Jon about everything from his vocabulary to his breathing. This wasn't a Japanese movie voice over. It came out of her mouth. If she turned around afterwards and apologized profusely and professed her love of his loud breathing (very doubtful), and TLC didn't show it, then we have all been duped.

Old 08-19-2009, 02:43 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,687,227 times
Quote:
I always find it funny when someone goes on a reality tv show then says "I'm really not like that." If you come out and make rude comments and the camera happens to catch it, then whose fault is that other than your own? Of course there is editing, but it's Kate who has made snarky comments over and over again to Jon about everything from his vocabulary to his breathing. This wasn't a Japanese movie voice over. It came out of her mouth. If she turned around afterwards and apologized profusely and professed her love of his loud breathing (very doubtful), and TLC didn't show it, then we have all been duped.

Old 08-19-2009, 05:31 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,587,128 times
Quote:
Of course it's embellishing! She's 22...but having been a 22 year old myself, I can't remember much of a maturity leap from 18 to 22. At 22, you are fresh out of college with a degree in your hand. She can now drink legally, but the difference between a 22 year old and a 32 year old (Jon) is extreme. Once you hit 30, hanging out with 22 year olds is a little pathetic. Especially if you are a dad of 8.

When your 32, have 8 kids and have been on reality TV for half of your marriage,
the young woman is exactly what I would expect him to pick,
think about it. In his off time away from his own 8 kids, hes going to go
for a different lifestyle. He knows the family and feels comfortable with them...
will their relationship last, who knows, who says it has to.

Last edited by virgode; 08-19-2009 at 05:32 PM.. Reason: typing

Old 08-19-2009, 05:41 PM

16,076 posts, read 28,587,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gone2long View Post
it is my opinion of jon's behavior---if that is slanderous i am joined by many others online and in the media---immature is a description based on one's opinion---so identify how my and countless others are guilty of slander

THE TOPIC HERE IS TO DISCUSS AND STATE OPINIONS ON J AND K NOT EACH OTHER!

Bringing Child Protective Services into the discussion is over the top.
Please don't try to justify it, I'm not interested in reading or responding.

Old 08-19-2009, 10:28 PM

1,507 posts, read 3,136,158 times
Quote:
bringing child protective services into the discussion is over the top.
Please don't try to justify it, i'm not interested in reading or responding.
obviously u r since u did

Old 08-20-2009, 08:03 AM

1,507 posts, read 3,136,158 times
Quote:
Bringing Child Protective Services into the discussion is over the top.
Please don't try to justify it, I'm not interested in reading or responding.

i was NOT the one that brought cps into the discussion--save your criticism for that person----THE TOPIC IS JON AND KATE----NOT THE POSTER
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities