Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 07:52 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,296,819 times

Advertisements

Ok, so I WASTED 30 minutes of my life watching this immature guy. By the way, Jon, lose the earrnings. They are NOT working for you. Yes, your 20s were spent raising 8 kids. So were mine. It is called parenthood. You asked for it and you got it. Just wait until you have 8 teenagers...then you'll have even more to complain about!

All that anger. All that rage. All that whining. You were slack and unfortunately your wife couldn't do it alone. She didn't have to be so mean but maybe she got tired of telling you over and over again that you needed to help her. Maybe you were too immature and maybe you then decided you didn't want to spend your 20s raising 8 kids. Too late. SHE didn't have a choice once they were here either.

The past is over. You are now 32 and yes, your 20s are gone so STOP trying to find them in a 22 year old. Grow up. Accept your responsibility. No, you do not have to pay me for giving you this free THERAPY! Too bad you didn't ASK before you wasted $22,000!

Vicki
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 08:24 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,529,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
It probably would have been but I think they are trying to keep the kids in "their home"
Yes, they say they purchased the house 'for the kids' and all that.

I assume they have incorporated the family business and acutely desire to protect the investment, too.

In reality, with all the media interest, which they helped to create--security would also be a consideration if either Jon or Kate moved elsewhere and attempted to share custody of the children in other locations.

Jon shouldn't be surprised when his boys reach teenage years and share some of his philosophy of life. I think the kids will turn out well, FWIW but they will probably be strong-willed, independent types and some won't communicate well.

I think it is better to divorce than to try to live with someone you no longer respect or love. So when the hotspots cool down --the giving of interviews to express contempt for each other, etc--they have the potential to once again enjoy life.

A commentator thought Jon could have held off buying a new Mercedes--given that many of the rest of us are not doing so well in this economy. <shrug> Since he seems to be having a mid-life crisis a decade earlier than many I hope he finds something meaningful to do with his life when the 'singlehood' gets boring, too.

Old 09-09-2009, 08:46 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,296,819 times
There was "talk" on the show last night of Jon being in yet another "reality" show called "Divorced Dads" or something like that with Lindsay Lohan's dad and another LOSER! That is not what we need...more Jon! I will not tune in to that show, for sure!

The show last night also said that since this discord with Jon and Kate that the ratings are even higher.

Everyone loves watching a CRASH!

Vicki

Old 09-09-2009, 09:49 AM

24,873 posts, read 36,249,186 times
I am watching the "Prime Time" interview right now. I don't like his "poor me" I spent my 20's raising 8 kids attitude. I don't think getting married and having so many kids fairly young is a good idea, but that was HIS choice. Even if Kate pushed it, he chose to go along. I do believe that Kate emotionally beat him down for 10 years, and that is wrong, but it was his choice to stay and keep quiet for so long. I wonder if he really went to therapy and Kate refused. I don't really know who to believe. He may really love Hailey but I think it is partly a rebound mid-life crisis thing. I doubt it will last.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:20 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,806,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
I am watching the "Prime Time" interview right now. I don't like his "poor me" I spent my 20's raising 8 kids attitude. I don't think getting married and having so many kids fairly young is a good idea, but that was HIS choice. Even if Kate pushed it, he chose to go along. I do believe that Kate emotionally beat him down for 10 years, and that is wrong, but it was his choice to stay and keep quiet for so long. I wonder if he really went to therapy and Kate refused. I don't really know who to believe. He may really love Hailey but I think it is partly a rebound mid-life crisis thing. I doubt it will last.
I agree. I hate that attitude. He chose to marry and have kids in his 20's in order to follow one crowd and later decided he is somehow a victim. I spent my 20's and 30's taking care of my ill father till he passed away and taking care of things for my mom and siblings, and I missed out on marrying and having kids and now must try to do it at a later age. I've felt like a victim at times but I make a conscious effort not to because it's not a responsible attitude. Then I have to see this jackass Jon whining that he missed out on his 20's because of the choices he HIMSELF made? What a jerk.

All along I would catch an episode of J&K+8 and would think, "Poor guy, that wife is a nagging shrew, I don't blame him for being despondent." Now I think we're all seeing the bigger picture; yes, Kate's a nagging shrew, but it's becoming more apparent that her nagging was fueled by Jon's immature "poor me, I missed out on my 20's" crappy attitude.

As I said before, they're two small people who deserve to drive each other nuts and abandon one another in the marriage. Idiots.

It kills me that this train wreck gets more and more popular while a show with a good example of family - Little People, Big World - is fading slowly off the air.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:37 AM

537 posts, read 292,544 times
He is angry and I can certainly understand him. They both like to play the "poor me" role and I find it not becoming at all. The way Kate used to belittle him in front of his children and TV...unacceptable. At least he admitted that he was too passive and never stood his ground & went to counseling.

She claims that the details are personal. Kind of absurd from a woman who potty-trained her children in front of cameras.

Old 09-09-2009, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairo46 View Post
He is angry and I can certainly understand him. They both like to play the "poor me" role and I find it not becoming at all. The way Kate used to belittle him in front of his children and TV...unacceptable. At least he admitted that he was too passive and never stood his ground & went to counseling.

She claims that the details are personal. Kind of absurd from a woman who potty-trained her children in front of cameras.
handing Jon a Kleenex---

Hip, Hip, Hooray--Those who 'handle' him must have thought that would be a good strategy. Knowing 'something' of human nature myself I am really not impressed by this self analysis. From the time they met they were essentially the same people. Jon, intelligent but not focused on career goals and Kate, the over-achiever's over achiever.

It just doesn't wash with me that he 'didn't know' Kate's personality. In the early years she was probably more diplomatic in her 'nudging' but after the responsibilities of parenthood of twins and then the escalated challenges of parenting six more I'm quite certain she truly needed more effort from Jon, which quite possibly might have been beyond him to give.

Hope they quickly move to a plateau. Others have.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:42 AM

537 posts, read 292,544 times
I think that people change...I know I have. I'm not the same person that I was 10 years ago. Life with its ups and downs has a tendency to make us change. Some couples grow together and others grow apart. I'm not defending Jon or Kate. Their personal drama played in front of the cameras and they got a huge paycheck.

I don't know them personally, not now, not when they got married. I can only speculate.

Old 09-09-2009, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cairo46 View Post
I think that people change...I know I have. I'm not the same person that I was 10 years ago. Life with its ups and downs has a tendency to make us change. Some couples grow together and others grow apart. I'm not defending Jon or Kate. Their personal drama played in front of the cameras and they got a huge paycheck.

I don't know them personally, not now, not when they got married. I can only speculate.
Certainly people 'live and learn' but I can't say that I have 'changed' much, in style. Having obtained more knowledge about myself and the world and what is a priority to me I will no longer 'jump through hoops' just because someone else feels that I should--LOL--I sound a lot like Jon?

Many times the story of "How They Met" has been aired. I have heard Jon say he admired/loved Kate's 'driveness'--it almost sounded to me like he had to choke that sentence out. Maybe he really didn't understand himself well enough to know that he was a more laid back dude? When pigs fly--is what I think of that theory.

What I think is that he was accustomed to being 'externally motivated'--possibly by both parents. He was probably told that he had many good qualities and abilities and according to the yearbook he was well-liked. He probably just thought that would work in a marriage. Sometimes it does but in this case 'opposites attract' seemed to breed contempt on both sides.

I can easily see Kate with a 'Donald Trump' type businessman and maybe someday she will find a more compatible mate.

There is no reason to make bad matters worse. They realized they had outgrown each other, made a decision that life could be better for everyone in they were not struggling to change each other and that is pretty much that. The kids are good and so the hours and hours, months and years of whatever personal sacrifices each partner made was well worth the effort.

Old 09-09-2009, 03:20 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,249,186 times
They were young. People do change sometimes, and people sometimes think their spouse will change, then s/he doesn't. They probably were too young to know what they really wanted in a spouse for the long term. Add the stress of sextuplets... they had a slim chance of making it.

edit: Not that he doesn't love all his kids now that he has them, but he may have some resentment toward Kate about having them so soon, or about having so many. The 2nd pregnancy was her idea. I wonder if he would have reduced, or if he was on board with having them all. I mean, they were married less than a year the first time she got pregnant, I think. What was the hurry?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities