Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2009, 03:36 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,807,384 times

Advertisements

Kanye and most hip-hop artists would be nowhere today without the foundation laid by TALENTED groups decades ago, like THIS one:

YouTube - Chic - Good Times

Notice that Nile Rodgers not only can actually play an instrument perfectly, but his rapping is on par with Kanye's, if not better.

And kanye's going to attack teenage girls? What a douchebag.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2009, 03:37 PM

10,041 posts, read 9,544,596 times
So you applaud him for being a racist? Because we all know that if that was a black performer on stage, he never would have done that.

He certainly is not a GOAT, more like a DONKEY (a$$).

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Just like I have to right to applaud Kanye for what he did. Dont you get it? Kanye does not care about fitting into the box that was made for him to fit into, which is why he carries himself the way he does, and speaks whatever is on his mind-Thats his whole image!!!!!! Real or not, that is the persona he chose to put forth from the first day he stepped into the spotlight. Kanye West is the GOAT (greatest of all time) for the live TV moments, and one thing is for sure, everyone will remember Kanye and his exploits long after Taylor Swift's country music career is over, which Im pretty sure is his overall goal

Old 09-14-2009, 03:38 PM

Location: Finally escaped The People's Republic of California
11,329 posts, read 8,675,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
This whole situation is hilarious, Kanye's manager said on the radio this morning in Atlanta that Kanye said last week after that senator disrupted Obama's speech that he was going to make it a point to interrupt the first white person to win an award at the MTV Awards to highlight the disparity in the reaction between the two. Obviously the reaction last week about a white man interrupting a black man about a very serious subject didnt warrent nearly the amount of attention as what happened last night at a frickin awards show with a black man interrupting a white woman, so I would once again say I applaud Kanye for what he did, I see the bigger picture in his actions,. It is apparent that some of you do not
I'm not sure where you getting your news, but believe me there was alot more media attention about the interuption of President Obama,than this story will
ever get. Unless of course you get all your news from MTV.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:41 PM

480 posts, read 880,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sues1 View Post
Well then you would think his mom would of taught him how to speak, he sounds like a moron when he opens his mouth, to me he's a low class piece of ****. I don't care what his mother did for a living.
The poster agreed with you that Kanye is a scumbag. He was just pointing out that Kanye is not a "thug," which historically meant a young and violent criminal but these days is often used in a racist and derogatory way to refer to a young, poor, black man. It's a code word often used by WORMs (white, old, Republican males). Do you know anyone who uses the word "thug" regularly? Have they ever used it to describe anything other than a black male? What word do you think those people REALLY want to use?

I don't like Kanye West because he's a classless, egotistical whiner. His race has nothing to do with it.

Old 09-14-2009, 03:43 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,524,529 times
Wow - I always heard the term "thug" to be a delinquent or bully....and a bully is exactly what Kanye was last night. Nothing to do with race whatsoever.

ETA - how is it not OK to use the word "thug" to describe a bully but WORMS (which is explicity racist) is OK?

Old 09-14-2009, 04:09 PM

480 posts, read 880,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maciesmom View Post
Wow - I always heard the term "thug" to be a delinquent or bully....and a bully is exactly what Kanye was last night. Nothing to do with race whatsoever.

ETA - how is it not OK to use the word "thug" to describe a bully but WORMS (which is explicity racist) is OK?
Use of the word "white" is "explicitly racist?" It refers specifically to a race, but does not use a derogatory term to describe that race. Granted, the acronym (WORM, which I didn't coin but I've seen used a lot lately) has a negative connotation, but it refers to a specific demographic. I'm white, and I'm not at all offended by the term "WORM." :-)

I'm glad to hear your don't use the word "thug" in a racially derogatory way, but about 90 percent of the time I've heard or seen that word used in the last 10 years, it was used by a ultra-conservative white male to derisively refer to a young black male. And the black people I know find the term very offensive.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:29 PM

5,273 posts, read 7,358,651 times
Kanye West is classless. How rude. The girl is only 19. He picks on women. Nice Kanye. Get a clue. You cannot sing either.

It was classy of Beyonce to bring TS back on stage to finish her speech. I felt so bad for poor Taylor.

Kanye could have gotten "attention" in another way..like sing something GOOD!!!!!!
He is so disrespectful.

I think there would have been a riot in the streets of Manhattan if it TS ever said that to Kanye that about Beyonce... KW would have gone ballistic. Case closed.

Old 09-14-2009, 04:29 PM

339 posts, read 2,206,889 times

Old 09-14-2009, 04:49 PM

815 posts, read 2,142,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glass_of_merlot View Post
Oh so now Im a racist too? It's just getting better and better!If I told you I didn't vote for Obama I might as well join the KKK right?
And who said anything about looks? And clothing?
LOL, not really as I didn't vote for Obama either (nor did I vote for McCain), but use of code words like thug in regards to people like Kanye (still lol'ing over that one) will make me call you a racist. Since it is not about his clothing or looks why do you call him a thug???? He is rude, outspoken, and sometimes does not know when to shut up, but that does not make him a thug. I can think of a plethora of white music artists and actors that act the same way.............but yet I dont see people calling them thugs.

Last edited by youngMichaelJackson; 09-14-2009 at 04:57 PM..

Old 09-14-2009, 04:56 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,789,773 times
If a male won that award, do you honestly think mr. big shot would of went up there and did what he did? No, he goes up and humiliates a 19 yr old girl. He's such a lowlife!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities