Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-15-2009, 08:28 AM

480 posts, read 880,332 times

Advertisements

I've not read in any legitimate news media the story that Kanye West's outburst was intended as retaliation for Rep. Joe Wilson's outburst at President Obama. I've only read it here, posted by someone who seems to want to stir the pot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2009, 09:35 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,444,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CESpeed View Post
you would know that the Senator who heckled Barack Obama has lost most of his support and will lose his seat in the upcoming election.
Doubtful...

You Lie! Tshirt from Zazzle.com

Old 09-15-2009, 10:15 AM

815 posts, read 2,142,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisake View Post
I've not read in any legitimate news media the story that Kanye West's outburst was intended as retaliation for Rep. Joe Wilson's outburst at President Obama. I've only read it here, posted by someone who seems to want to stir the pot.

Not trying to stir the pot, my first post said that I heard Kanye's manager on the radio in Atlanta and that's what he said, I didn’t say one way or the other that was his real intention. I simply said if that is the reason behind it, I understand it and I agree. Quite honestly Kanye could have just been wasted and ran up there just as easily as he wanted to make a political statement.

Old 09-15-2009, 10:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Feebs View Post
Oh wow, really? Da*n. He's WAY more of an idiot than I thought, then. Da white man, he be keepin' us down! Yeah, right. Anyone who thinks that is a complete sucker. Kanye and P. Diddy/F. Daddy/Pimp Doody-Whatever-His-Name-Is can bite my white butt. I'm so tired of this "racist" bullsh*t. It's an excuse...plain and simple. An excuse. That's all.

Personal responsibility. Deal with it.

LOL "da man be keepin us down". OMG thats hilarious, Ive never heard anyone talk like that, Im going to give you a rep point simply on nostalgic value alone. But do you know how ignorant you just made yourself sound? And Im sure Kanye P. Diddy wouldn't "bite your white @ss", however I am sure they could pay you enough money to make you want to bite your own.........

Old 09-15-2009, 10:29 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,517,285 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
LOL "da man be keepin us down". OMG thats hilarious, Ive never heard anyone talk like that, Im going to give you a rep point simply on nostalgic value alone. But do you know how ignorant you just made yourself sound? And Im sure Kanye P. Diddy wouldn't "bite your white @ss", however I am sure they could pay you enough money to make you want to bite your own.........
So you call yourself "young Michael Jackson." Does that mean you sleep with little boys too?

Old 09-15-2009, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
So you call yourself "young Michael Jackson." Does that mean you sleep with little boys too?

YoungMichaelJackson is a street term we use around my way to refer to a young black male. Boy if I had a dollar for everytime someone made that same corny joke on here.............

Old 09-15-2009, 11:06 AM

3,647 posts, read 8,332,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicagoland60426 View Post
Because they are showing their true colors. America hasn't change much deep under the surface.
it was more of a rhetorical questionn but agree still. But honestly race dont got anything to do with this. People calling him N!993r and all, that is just the actions of one man not the whole race. I think they are looking more ignorant that kanye by doing that. But since they are not famous so no one cares.

back to the topic, I know for a factthat kanye has lost some fans over this since alot of Taylor swift and Kanye's fan base is young white girls who listen to both. My guess is that they are behind Swift.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:20 AM

6,884 posts, read 20,444,986 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post

I was writing that from an anachronistic perspective. If you can't see that from the usage of quotations as well as overall tone, well, let's say the label of ignorant...can be placed where the sun don't shine. Or should that be "where the sun doesn't shine"...or...? Gads. I just don't know. So many choices.

Of course (and I did this purely for your entertainment), should you truly believe the phrase to be a throwback to uglier times, perhaps you should do a Google search on the phrase. Here, allow me to help:

The grammatically correct form:

white man keeping us down - Google Search

And the more popular "street vernacular":

white man be keepin' us down - Google Search

There are multiple pages...all relating in some way to this decade; dare I say this year.

I'll give you some time to absorb it all.

Old 09-15-2009, 11:49 AM

Quote:
I was writing that from an anachronistic perspective. If you can't see that from the usage of quotations as well as overall tone, well, let's say the label of ignorant...can be placed where the sun don't shine. Or should that be "where the sun doesn't shine"...or...? Gads. I just don't know. So many choices.

Of course (and I did this purely for your entertainment), should you truly believe the phrase to be a throwback to uglier times, perhaps you should do a Google search on the phrase. Here, allow me to help:

There are multiple pages...all relating in some way to this decade; dare I say this year.

So you actually want me to believe that you a used fake Ebonics term in an anachronistic manner (which would imply that it is no longer used), to reinforce and attempt to explain the outburst of today’s black male in 2009. But yet why would you turn around and say you’re so tired of us using the term “da man be keeping us down” (which we don’t by the way) if you’re speaking from an anachronistic perspective? Why would you still be tired of a term that is longer used (back to your usage of the anachronistic), that makes no sense? What makes even less sense is that you expect me to buy that steaming load you are trying to sell me.

Old 09-15-2009, 12:17 PM

Quote:

And to try and use an online slang dictionary to represent what you feel is a commonly used street term in this day and age further shows how out of touch you really are. Nothing wrong with that, if you are a middle aged white woman who lives in suburbia, you wouldn't have any reason to know what terms are and are not commonly used in urban America or the mindset of those individuals in those areas. But with that said please don't act like you do know by going online and getting your information from there. Like I said, I’m obviously black, and grew up in a black neighborhood, and never once have I heard someone use that term.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities