Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2009, 02:41 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times

Advertisements

I agree...Jon's an idiot...but he was absolutely right to pull the plug on these kids getting sensationalized by Kate & TLC. Whether that move was made out of true parenting sensibility...or in retaliation to Kate or TLC...it is definitely the right move. Unfortunately, I think the move is coming a little too late and that the psychological damage from being filmed, and coddled by advertisers, has already been done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2009, 02:53 PM

502 posts, read 1,251,830 times
Default Kate in Raleigh...

Ughhhh.....Khate is here in Raleigh taping a segment in a diner for her new show. I can't imagine what she will "cook" given that all she "makes" is cut -up fruit and cheese on a paper plate.

I don't begrudge someone trying to support their family, but why would a TV show w/o the kids and w/o the tension between her and Jon be that interesting? If you saw her on the View, she had as much personality as a beige carpet. No talent except for successfully delivering many babies.

And why the bodyguard? We have many celebrities who live in the Raleigh area and they go out-and-about with no bodyguards. I can't imagine that many folks around here would harm her.

Isn't her 15 minutes up yet?

Below is a video of her "cooking" from a local TV news network.

http://www.wral.com/news/local/story/6572249/

Old 12-08-2009, 03:03 PM

16,806 posts, read 39,945,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCInMyMind View Post

Isn't her 15 minutes up yet?
They're going to wring every $$$$ out of her they can, much like one does to the water in a dishrag.

And you know what happens to old, useless dishrags...

Old 12-08-2009, 03:04 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,498,624 times
Quote:
And why the bodyguard? We have many celebrities who live in the Raleigh area and they go out-and-about with no bodyguards. I can't imagine that many folks around here would harm her.
Bodyguards make nice warming blankets when one is travelling alone so much.

Old 12-08-2009, 03:08 PM

502 posts, read 1,251,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Bodyguards make nice warming blankets when one is travelling alone so much.
Good one.

What do they call him, is it the "Silver Fox?"

Old 12-08-2009, 03:54 PM

3,791 posts, read 8,900,152 times
I think Jon and Tiger need to go out and hit the bars!!! LOL

Old 12-08-2009, 05:28 PM

24,012 posts, read 28,458,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sophialee View Post
Never watched the show, but from what I can tell they are BOTH idiots w/ Kate being a tad more sensible. Or at least mature. I think the only reason he pulled the plug on the show was cuz he wasn't going to be on it anymore.

I could be wrong. Never watched it
That pretty much sums it up.

Old 12-08-2009, 06:40 PM

3,769 posts, read 8,801,056 times
Quote:
I don't begrudge someone trying to support their family, but why would a TV show w/o the kids and w/o the tension between her and Jon be that interesting? If you saw her on the View, she had as much personality as a beige carpet. No talent except for successfully delivering many babies.
Exactly! which is why she is now spreading the word that the kids really miss the crew! LOL! What is missed is the show - by her - and a realization that her new show is going to be a FLOP as her 15 are up!

What is pathetic is how pitiful that entire line of reasoning would be - if your children cried because they missed camera persons who had no relation or connection with them other than filming a television show!
Just pathetic.

Old 12-08-2009, 07:39 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,171,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamWeavin View Post
I canNOT believe she keeps putting herself out there by using her kids. She should not even be telling this crap:
Kate Gosselin: My Kids Are "Sobbing" Without the Cameras - omg! news on Yahoo!

Jon did the right thing by pulling the plug if this is how the kids are indeed reacting. Kate did herself no favors by telling this. The kids are not acting like normal kids with this behavior. Thank you Jon for being the sensible parent. I hope the kids get counseling and somehow get a normal life. Perhaps the times they are with their dad they can relax and be..........kids!
and I was just thinking that maybe they were going to stay out of the media because I hadn't heard anything about or from them lately...

Old 12-08-2009, 07:42 PM

6,266 posts, read 19,166,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StilltheSame View Post
Exactly! which is why she is now spreading the word that the kids really miss the crew! LOL! What is missed is the show - by her - and a realization that her new show is going to be a FLOP as her 15 are up!

What is pathetic is how pitiful that entire line of reasoning would be - if your children cried because they missed camera persons who had no relation or connection with them other than filming a television show!
Just pathetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkb0305 View Post
and I was just thinking that maybe they were going to stay out of the media because I hadn't heard anything about or from them lately...
I thought it was all over too. Kate just can't NOT be in the limelight. She is such a media *****. Then to drag the kids back into it by saying they cry for the cameras?? FrEaKy stuff man............call in the child psychologists!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities