Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2011, 11:00 AM

5 posts, read 81,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHDave View Post
I'd suggest getting a refund on your colledge education, it's not doing you any good.
The word is COLLEGE, not colleDge, you dummy.

Old 03-20-2011, 12:00 PM

10,926 posts, read 21,986,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami Florida View Post
The word is COLLEGE, not colleDge.
Who cares?

Old 04-04-2011, 12:04 PM

1 posts, read 5,425 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug1991 View Post
Can I replace my Safelink Phone (Free Government Cell Phone) with a Tracphone, and just put in the sim card?

Old 05-04-2011, 08:33 PM

1 posts, read 5,328 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyL View Post
I googled Safelink and found this:

"SafeLink phones are not paid for by taxpayers or the federal government. TracFone Wireless pays for the phones and also the cost of promoting its SafeLink program to make sure that eligible consumers know about the program."
Here are the details on how the free phones program is funded:

Do taxpayers pay for free government phones from Safelink and others?

Do taxpayers pay for free government phones from Safelink and others? (http://tinyurl.com/3d85f59 - broken link)

Old 07-20-2011, 05:26 PM

1 posts, read 5,119 times
Cool lost in dalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug1991 View Post
Can I replace my Safelink Phone (Free Government Cell Phone) with a Tracphone, and just put in the sim card?
hey.i live in dalton ga. and my phone got lost and i couldnt find it and i finally found it and it had gotten ran over now i have my sims card but no phone what can i do

Old 07-20-2011, 08:14 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,921,089 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossburg View Post
hey.i live in dalton ga. and my phone got lost and i couldnt find it and i finally found it and it had gotten ran over now i have my sims card but no phone what can i do
Purchase an unlocked GSM phone from eBay, Craigslist, or a friend.

Old 07-22-2011, 07:40 AM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,474 times
Phones are dirt cheap anyway these days. Usually $10-$15 for these pre-paids. 60 mins a month is clearly cheap and should ONLY be used for emergencies..

With that said, I believe it's only a matter of time until the low income decide it's not fair that they don't have smart phones and data plans. So the rest of us who work to have nice things, will once again be wasting our money while the others demand to have what we have ..and not do anything to earn.

I'm all for help programs. I even support the idea of like 60-70 mins a month. Anything over 100 minutes is NOT a "need".

Do these phones provide text messages? IMO, texts should NOT be included.

Old 07-22-2011, 04:39 PM

22,184 posts, read 14,796,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by h0tmess View Post
Phones are dirt cheap anyway these days. Usually $10-$15 for these pre-paids. 60 mins a month is clearly cheap and should ONLY be used for emergencies..

With that said, I believe it's only a matter of time until the low income decide it's not fair that they don't have smart phones and data plans. So the rest of us who work to have nice things, will once again be wasting our money while the others demand to have what we have ..and not do anything to earn.

I'm all for help programs. I even support the idea of like 60-70 mins a month. Anything over 100 minutes is NOT a "need".

Do these phones provide text messages? IMO, texts should NOT be included.
These phones also include text messages
Voice mail also!
You should get sick,disabled and poor and you can check them out.

Last edited by bobrainman; 07-22-2011 at 05:01 PM..

Old 07-22-2011, 08:18 PM

1,770 posts, read 2,896,474 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobrainman View Post
These phones also include text messages
Voice mail also!
You should get sick,disabled and poor and you can check them out.
I have those things.. but... I have a job, and I pay for mine
When I claim disability because I get headaches twice a month, I'm gonna demand I get the latest smartphone with unlimited minutes and data. I mean, Im all alone at home and I'm going to be bored.. i deserve it

Old 08-18-2011, 08:23 PM

2 posts, read 8,549 times
Default Greedy

Its sad when people on here complain that others are getting cellphones that have 250 mins and cost $10 at Walmart which I know people who work there and they get these phones wholesale for 1$. But besides that why do people think they started this program? Well in case your not smart enough to know that nobody uses payphones anymore and as a result the unfortunate people who cant afford a cell phone don't have access to any type of phone. There are many idiots who think People can actually get a job without a phone. If your that stupid your gonna be in a world of hurt when you get sick and lose your job. Some people on here are comparing what they did in the 1980'S. In case you been living under a rock or have had your job and the economic depression has not affected you YET you would understand that companies are dropping people left and right and there's 5 people applying for even those min wage Mcdonald's jobs for 20 hrs per week. You have to have a cell phone in order to function in this tech world. And to the comments about being on disability there is a difference between SSI and social security. SSI means you have never worked usually handicap. social security is paid for with tax's they eat out of your paycheck each time you get paid. SSI receivers get 600 a month or less plus food stamps if you think they enjoy living with $600 with no car or any money other than basic living expenses your an R-tard. If you want to post blame on anybody you need to do it to the people who don't pay tax's like the richest people in the world that's corporate welfare. and don't forget the cell phone companies who rip people off every month anyways. And the politicians who are extremely over paid and do what ever the highest bidder tells them to. That's whats wrong with this world GREED. Pretty soon nobody will have a job and all you loud mouths will be in the street like the next person but you wont no how to make it and youll just die. And this is just facts so there is no other opinion its FACT
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones