Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2010, 05:16 PM

4,465 posts, read 8,003,662 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmyCh View Post
Maybe you should check the history of Fascism before speaking...let's say you don't trust wikipedia but find other source will also help....

"Scholars generally consider fascism to be on the far right of the conventional left-right political spectrum."

Yes, that's why fascism hates communist (which is far left; btw if you want to call Obama a Leninist than I might believe it)...if you read it carefully, they just like today's tea party people. Did I prove my point again? However, one good thing about America is that owning guns is not the sole right of the ring winger . This is almost comical.
It is comical. 'The Hitler as Leftist' (when Hitler himself rose to power by using the Bolsheviks as his foil) is a really silly idea, and re-write of history, advanced by wackos such as Glenn Beck (the same guy who when caught in a lie by The View crew said, 'I'm a commentator, not a news reporter,') and Jonah Goldberg.

Nobody really takes it seriously.

As for Obama.................
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2010, 05:34 PM

507 posts, read 879,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chromekitty View Post
When we are seeing news stories where people are having surgeries and face lifts to keep their jobs and/or get hired, then we have a huge problem. This society is in a hell of a mess and people that skirt over these issues are enablers to the abuse that corporate America is shelling out.

Do tell, in my 80 + years its always been people who know people, the well connected.

In my fortune 500 company I asked(years latedr why I,a poor farm kid knowing nobody- was hired and was told,.you look good in a suit,are tall and nobody's son,nephew etc etc etc wanted to move to Minneapolis in Feb .

Old 08-02-2010, 06:05 AM

8,237 posts, read 13,523,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCur View Post
Do tell, in my 80 + years its always been people who know people, the well connected.

In my fortune 500 company I asked(years latedr why I,a poor farm kid knowing nobody- was hired and was told,.you look good in a suit,are tall and nobody's son,nephew etc etc etc wanted to move to Minneapolis in Feb .

There has been a lot of information coming out on this very thing.
I have seen it on national TV and our local CBS affiliate did a story
just last week on it. It's a sad testimony to today's vein and twisted world.

Old 08-06-2010, 03:52 PM

1,141 posts, read 3,547,263 times
I just wanted to add something here, in my little part of SC, I went down one road ONE, and saw 3 restuarants with signs out advertising they were looking for help. Maybe that's not a high paying job, but when one has no unemployment check coming in, or anything else, then I suppose that is a good enough job while one hunts for something better. If little tiny Fort Mill/Tega Cay can have 3 jobs posted with signs within one road, I have to imagine maybe Charleston has some too. If it was me, and I was hungry, I would work an entry level service job as long as logistics allowed me to (do they have a car available..would they need to take a bus etc)

Old 08-06-2010, 03:54 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,457,092 times
codependency.
you could have it.
you are pulling the plow for 2 and it seems natural and appropriate to you.
see a counselor for yourself, not him. if you have codependency-- pursue coda 12 step like
your life depended on it--do it with a sponsor.
see link - pay attention and read carefully patterns and characteristics of codependency.
http://www.sdccoda.org/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area