Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 09:39 AM

1,541 posts, read 2,678,015 times

Advertisements

So far we REALLY love it here, and we are even enjoying all the heat and humidity. The only thing is I've been dealing with constant headaches for the last two weeks, and it has been suggested to me by some locals that they are probably related to the heat and humidity. Obviously if they continue I'll visit a physician, but I really would prefer to avoid that if I can. I've had migraines in the past, but only infrequently, and of the "brain crushing someone kill me now" variety. These feel like little baby versions of those, with light sensitivity and tummy upset, but none of the otc pain relievers seem to touch them. Not hugely painful, but even little pain gets to be too much when it's constant.
I'm drinking TONS of water, so I don't think I'm dehydrated, and who can be stressed with all these beautiful beaches to laze around on?
(It's probably not a tumor, she says in her best Arnold S. voice)
Anyway, not looking for an internet diagnosis, just wondering if maybe this is a common issue for people new to this type of climate, and if I just need some adjustment time? If anyone else has had this same issue since moving here I'd love to hear about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 10:01 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,430,609 times
I get a lot of headaches here also. It could be the pollen or Sinus headaches. Maybe the stress of the move has brought on migranes. I rarely had headaches in florida and there is alot of humidity there. My kids have a allergies to certain pollen and lately the grass pollen is high. If it stays bad a visit to the doctor might not be a bad idea. Hope you feel better soon.

Old 08-04-2010, 08:18 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,678,015 times
Thanks for the kind words. I'm thinking some kind of virus was working it's way through me. The headaches are gone, but were immediately followed by a nasty cold. At least that I know how to deal with though.
I will say that I underestimated the heat though. 90 degree weather suddenly sucks a whole lot more when you have a fever too! Colds are way better when you can crank up the heat, down some theraflu and snuggle by a crackling fire.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area