Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 08:56 PM

370 posts, read 947,309 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I'm brand new to the forums and was wondering if anyone had information on biking and/or walking trails in the Mt. Pleasant area. Are there some good areas (parks or designated trails) for families to bike together? Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 09:03 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,017,980 times
How about this?

Can be found here.
Map Page

Old 06-13-2008, 12:49 PM

17 posts, read 88,995 times
In Park West, there's bike trails all through the community. Daniel Island has a lot of great trails too.

Old 06-13-2008, 01:23 PM

Thank you very much for the responses! My wife and I currently live in the Greenville area but are thinking about a move towards Mount Pleasant because we love being by the beach and it is by far our favorite area along the coast. We'll be taking some trips this summer to see if we can make this happen this year or not. We'll definitely check out the park, Park West and Daniel Island!

Old 06-13-2008, 02:29 PM

45 posts, read 207,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aetcas View Post
Thank you very much for the responses! My wife and I currently live in the Greenville area but are thinking about a move towards Mount Pleasant because we love being by the beach and it is by far our favorite area along the coast. We'll be taking some trips this summer to see if we can make this happen this year or not. We'll definitely check out the park, Park West and Daniel Island!

Lots of trails in the francis marion forest.

Man, I'd switch places with you. Greenville rocks. The best livable area in SC, this from a native Charlestonian. Give me north Greenville/Landrum area over Mt. P any day of the week.

Old 06-13-2008, 10:30 PM

I have to agree that Greenville is a great little city! Makes it all the more difficult to choose which area to live in because they both have so much to offer. I guess if money were no object, the best scenario would be to have two homes; one in Greenville and one in Mount Pleasant! Nice to dream...

Old 06-16-2008, 12:24 PM

459 posts, read 1,642,250 times
SC Trails Program

Old 11-22-2008, 11:35 AM

817 posts, read 2,003,521 times
Great to see that area and all the trails.
My wife and I bike up here in NYC and want to continue biking when we move next year.
I go from a mountain bike to a road bike depending on the surroundings.
We originally wanted to move to FLA.. but am now considering SC and specifically Charleston.

Any feedback please feel free

You can search under MichaelNYC and find my othe postings telling you about us and what we seek

Thanks,

Michael

Old 11-22-2008, 07:00 PM

459 posts, read 1,642,250 times
Marrington Plantation in Goose Creek is reputed to be the best Mountain Biking Trail in the area. (Before you all jump in, IT'S FLAT HERE, AND WE ALL KNOW IT) Usually, I take my bike from the Gucci Pig at Seaside Farms and ride IOP and Sullivans Island if I want a good workout in Mt P. If you want to do some more rustic offroad hiking or biking, then look into the Swamp Fox Trail. Its 26 miles through the woods from Bonneau to Awendaw.

My best friend lives outside Aiken, and is very active with SORBA. They have developed an extensive network of mountain bike trails around Lake Thurmond. We enjoy loading up the bikes and making the short drive (2.5 hours) to ride and camp in that area. Search SORBA. SORBA.org

Old 11-23-2008, 05:47 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,429,923 times
Carolina Park a new subdivision in Mount Pleasant also has many walking and biking trails. The neighborhood is brand new and homes are just starting to be built. Depending on your time frame you might want to check out this neighborhood also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area