Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-23-2010, 11:20 AM

4 posts, read 4,438 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I am looking to move to Mount Pleasent and would like a home in the $250-350k price range around 2,500 square feet. I prefer newer (less than 10 years old). It is just for me and my wife, no kids.

I am also looking for a dock (purchase or rent) for a 38ft sailboat and prefer to have that be within 10-15 min drive from the house.

Can anyone recommend a marina and which neighborhoods I should focus on?

Thank you so much.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-23-2010, 11:40 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,777,461 times
For a marina, I might suggest Charleston Harbor or Charleston City Marina. If you want to remain in the under $350,000 range, I would suggest considering the Waverly or Madison section of Hamlin Plantation in Mt. Pleasant where at any given time you would have some home options in about the $350,000 range.

Here is a link to a video of Waverly in this subsection of Hamlin that I have taken for clients.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwehmer View Post
Hello everyone,

I am looking to move to Mount Pleasent and would like a home in the $250-350k price range around 2,500 square feet. I prefer newer (less than 10 years old). It is just for me and my wife, no kids.

I am also looking for a dock (purchase or rent) for a 38ft sailboat and prefer to have that be within 10-15 min drive from the house.

Can anyone recommend a marina and which neighborhoods I should focus on?

Thank you so much.

Old 02-23-2010, 03:57 PM

252 posts, read 495,443 times
Gorgeous area, lovely looking homes...little close together though, what is the average price for a home in that subdivision? wondering about 2.000sq ft and up? What is the high school for that district? thank you

BTW, my Son was wondering who was singing in your video link?

Old 02-23-2010, 05:22 PM

1,125 posts, read 3,777,461 times
The single family homes in the Waverly and Madison sub-sections of Hamlin Plantation sell for an average of $146 a square foot. All High School students in Mt. Pleasant attend Wando High School, one of the highest scoring(test) schools in the Charleston area.

Here are some photos of Wando.

I am not sure who the singer is. I got it from the list of songs available through youtube. If I can identify the singer/song I will let you know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clanaxberg View Post
Gorgeous area, lovely looking homes...little close together though, what is the average price for a home in that subdivision? wondering about 2.000sq ft and up? What is the high school for that district? thank you

BTW, my Son was wondering who was singing in your video link?

Old 02-24-2010, 05:29 AM

1,889 posts, read 5,431,520 times
Other great neighborhoods are Park West, Brickyard(might be older than 10 years), Charleston National, Dunes West, Rivertowne. Many of these neighborhoods have bost docks, but not for a sailboat. As Joe mentioned city marina is your best bet.

Old 02-24-2010, 09:19 AM

4 posts, read 4,438 times
Thanks for the info...one follow up question: Is there a web site or pdf that shows where all the neighborhoods are on a map?

Old 02-24-2010, 11:00 AM

I have yet to find one. I usually give my clients the "New Homes Guide" It has a pretty good map. Hopefully someone else has some ideas. If your looking at listings on MLS you can also click the address link and it takes you to a map.

Old 02-24-2010, 11:29 AM

482 posts, read 845,495 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwehmer View Post
Thanks for the info...one follow up question: Is there a web site or pdf that shows where all the neighborhoods are on a map?

I find a few but can't not remember where exactly. This is a google map that marks a lot of the subdivisions

Mt. Pleasant SC Real Estate and Subdivisions - www.OurCharlestonHome.com - Google Maps

Old 02-24-2010, 11:42 AM

I also have a google map I made two years ago with the main sub divisions marked on it. Since it may have some links to my web site I won't advertise it here. But if anyone wants the link just DM me.

Like Joe's, Most Realtor's web sites have clickable search maps so that should be helpful.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:00 PM

252 posts, read 495,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by USCJoe View Post
The single family homes in the Waverly and Madison sub-sections of Hamlin Plantation sell for an average of $146 a square foot. All High School students in Mt. Pleasant attend Wando High School, one of the highest scoring(test) schools in the Charleston area.

Here are some photos of Wando.

I am not sure who the singer is. I got it from the list of songs available through youtube. If I can identify the singer/song I will let you know.

Thank you Joe, yes, we have pretty much decided that Wando HS is going to be the best 'fit' for Matthew (thanx for the pics) We are not going to be in the market to buy a house when we first get there, have to sell up here first and not really ready to lose money in this market. We will rent our house out here until we can sell for at least what we owe.

We will rent until that time comes, which should give us plenty of time to look around and decide on an area, we will be needing a rental though, we would prefer to rent a home, rather than apartment and that would have to be in Wando school district. Hubby arrives there in just over a month and I hope to get there in June He is used to 'scouting' out a home for us, so that shouldn't be a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area