Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2010, 12:29 PM

3,576 posts, read 10,652,237 times

Advertisements

What I find weird is when you see a trailer, and then that movie never comes out. There was a trailer a while back for a movie called "Beastly" which seemed to be a Disney film roughly based on "Beauty and the Beast". Last I saw that movie now has no release date set.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2010, 12:34 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by superk View Post
What I find weird is when you see a trailer, and then that movie never comes out. There was a trailer a while back for a movie called "Beastly" which seemed to be a Disney film roughly based on "Beauty and the Beast". Last I saw that movie now has no release date set.
Sometimes the studio decides it is not worth the money to release the film because of bad testing. Heck, sometimes the movie does come out but not until years later. Knockaround Guys (2001) sat on the shelf for three years until Vin Disel hit it big and the studio figured that people would actually would go see the movie.

Old 07-13-2010, 11:37 PM

15,546 posts, read 12,009,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msm_teacher View Post
We went to see "Despicable Me" last night at the AMC Concord Mills. We loved getting in for $5. The concession stand was actually affordable (if you paid attention to the specials). And the seats were comfortable.

Buy, oy vey, I think they make up the revenue by selling the time BEFORE the movie starts. 25 minutes of commercials after the posted start time!!! That is not counting all the commercials that were shown before that.

The movie was really funny, thankfully, so it made up for it.
If you go on Wednesday you also get free popcorn from AMC, which is why I'm seeing Despicable me Tomorrow (Glad you liked it!). And apparently they also have free refills on any size during the summer weekdays! I've been only been going to AMC the last 3 years, but I thought all movie theatres were showing a lot of previews now. I remember when it used to be 2-3 previews, but I recently read an article saying that the average trailers before a movie was 5-7 since studios pay theaters based on the number of previews (Hollywood Reporter). I don't mind the previews. Although I do watch them online, I also like seeing them on the bigscreen. But for free popcorn and $5 ticket I'll watch how ever many previews they want me too.

Old 07-14-2010, 12:42 AM

3,576 posts, read 10,652,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
If you go on Wednesday you also get free popcorn from AMC, which is why I'm seeing Despicable me Tomorrow (Glad you liked it!).
I'll be there (Concord Mills) tonight for the same reason.

Old 07-14-2010, 08:29 AM

747 posts, read 2,104,619 times
We signed up for the movie watchers club @ AMC, and we get coupons for free popcorn and soda quite often. Also advance tix for the big movies...

Old 07-14-2010, 08:30 AM

841 posts, read 2,474,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundaydrive00 View Post
If you go on Wednesday you also get free popcorn from AMC, which is why I'm seeing Despicable me Tomorrow (Glad you liked it!). And apparently they also have free refills on any size during the summer weekdays! I've been only been going to AMC the last 3 years, but I thought all movie theatres were showing a lot of previews now. I remember when it used to be 2-3 previews, but I recently read an article saying that the average trailers before a movie was 5-7 since studios pay theaters based on the number of previews (Hollywood Reporter). I don't mind the previews. Although I do watch them online, I also like seeing them on the bigscreen. But for free popcorn and $5 ticket I'll watch how ever many previews they want me too.
Oh no!..I wish I wouldn've known that..I took the kids to see Despicable Me last night..we went to the AMC on South Blvd...at least the tickets were only $5..but would've been nice to get free popcorn with that too!

Old 07-14-2010, 09:29 AM

1,139 posts, read 2,360,441 times
I am tickled that the movies are $5 all day long M-T. During the summer that is a cheap entertaining and now to find out free popcorn on Wednesday. Thank goodness my son has his braces off. We are going there today

Old 07-14-2010, 09:33 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
I appreciate the fact that AMC Pavillion 22 has very early showings. I saw Preadators at 10:30 and and when Nightmare on Elm Street came out, I believe the first showing was at 9 something AM. Love watching the movies early!

Old 07-14-2010, 01:46 PM

847 posts, read 1,351,035 times
I just went and signed up. Thanks for the heads up!

I also didn't know that AMC was $5 during the week. We are new to town and went last week to the theater in Mooresville near exit 36 during the day. It was $7 each and concession were not cheap. We spent about $30 for two to go to the movies. That is crazy!

Old 07-14-2010, 02:24 PM

972 posts, read 2,442,919 times
We were also pleasantly surprised at how affordable movies were here. We have been twice as often just because of the $5 price.

And, they have $1 movies at 10 on Tuesday mornings - usually last summer's movies: http://www.amcentertainment.com/smc/...ovieCampSearch
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte