Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 10:48 AM

748 posts, read 1,770,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BxRosie View Post
I guess it's really being sold "as is" since it's a foreclosure.
I'm pretty sure we looked at that one.
We walked in, there was crap piled everywhere and I don't even know how many kittens running around. We fled immediately.

As soon as you see a sign on the door that says "Excuse our mess" you know you're in for a treat.

Mikey, no, we didn't buy in that subdivision. Literally every house we looked at there was a mess. It's a shame because the sub was built by a high quality builder and the whole neighborhood is gorgeous...on the outside at least.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 11:07 AM

6,151 posts, read 10,022,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobosCurse View Post
We walked in, there was crap piled everywhere and I don't even know how many kittens running around. We fled immediately.

As soon as you see a sign on the door that says "Excuse our mess" you know you're in for a treat.

Mikey, no, we didn't buy in that subdivision. Literally every house we looked at there was a mess. It's a shame because the sub was built by a high quality builder and the whole neighborhood is gorgeous...on the outside at least.
phew! I get Franklin Grove and Cherry Grove confused sometimes.

Did you look in Foxfield out of curiosity?

Old 07-17-2010, 11:23 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,376,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobosCurse View Post

Ya' know...I drove by that house (the light beige vinyl-siding one that's going for under $200K) yesterday & saw a hand-written sign on the front window. Couldn't make out what it said from the street...now I know It's a shame really. That house was kept up with when the family was living in there. It's been empty for over a year now & supposedly was cleaned out back in May. Kittens running all over?? That's new!! So sad. I think I would have walked out of that one as well. I better check with my old neighbor. They're supposed to be having a cleaning lady come in I think once a week or every other week to clean the house while it's for sale. I haven't seen anyone come by yet. It would be a shame if they're paying to have a service done while the house is up for sale & it's not happening.

Foxfield...I've looked in there as well...beautiful homes...very well made. That's a shame to hear that about them.

Guess you really can't judge a book by it's cover.

Old 07-17-2010, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Ya' know...I drove by that house (the light beige vinyl-siding one that's going for under $200K) yesterday & saw a hand-written sign on the front window. Couldn't make out what it said from the street...now I know It's a shame really. That house was kept up with when the family was living in there. It's been empty for over a year now & supposedly was cleaned out back in May. Kittens running all over?? That's new!! So sad. I think I would have walked out of that one as well. I better check with my old neighbor. They're supposed to be having a cleaning lady come in I think once a week or every other week to clean the house while it's for sale. I haven't seen anyone come by yet. It would be a shame if they're paying to have a service done while the house is up for sale & it's not happening.

Foxfield...I've looked in there as well...beautiful homes...very well made. That's a shame to hear that about them.

Guess you really can't judge a book by it's cover.
I don't know if that's where he looked. But, Foxfield was the neighborhood I looked in about 3 years ago that my wife loved... If you ever see me tell stories about being lucky I didn't let her convince me to buy new construction it was in there. We got the full court press from them and it's embarrassing what they were charging for those homes back then. Insane considering they're trying to unload the model for 339k which I would suspect isn't even worth 300k in this market. We haven't been through there in a long while and wondering how the neighborhood help up overall with the yards / general home upkeep / etc.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
I don't know if that's where he looked. But, Foxfield was the neighborhood I looked in about 3 years ago that my wife loved... If you ever see me tell stories about being lucky I didn't let her convince me to buy new construction it was in there. We got the full court press from them and it's embarrassing what they were charging for those homes back then. Insane considering they're trying to unload the model for 339k which I would suspect isn't even worth 300k in this market. We haven't been through there in a long while and wondering how the neighborhood help up overall with the yards / general home upkeep / etc.
I know he was looking in Harris Village. We do have 1 foreclosure in the subd that's going for I think $198K. That's the one that's been empty for over a year.

I looked in Foxfield as well. It was a lovely community, but back in '05-'06 they were asking for $350-ish. Out of my price range. They have expanded the subd since then since they got Warterlynn Rd. opened & extended along the side. It's funny, I remember bringing someone through there to look about 2 yrs ago & there was some grafitti written inside some of the homes that were under construction warning people not to buy there

Old 07-17-2010, 12:12 PM

Quote:
I know he was looking in Harris Village. We do have 1 foreclosure in the subd that's going for I think $198K. That's the one that's been empty for over a year.

I looked in Foxfield as well. It was a lovely community, but back in '05-'06 they were asking for $350-ish. Out of my price range. They have expanded the subd since then since they got Warterlynn Rd. opened & extended along the side. It's funny, I remember bringing someone through there to look about 2 yrs ago & there was some grafitti written inside some of the homes that were under construction warning people not to buy there
lol @ the graffiti... 350?! They wanted 500k+ to build that loaded Warwick model when we were there. PLUS they told us with a straight face that the lot premiums were going up the next DAY. I feel for anyone who fell for the line of BS.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeyKid View Post
lol @ the graffiti... 350?! They wanted 500k+ to build that loaded Warwick model when we were there. PLUS they told us with a straight face that the lot premiums were going up the next DAY. I feel for anyone who fell for the line of BS.
Are you kidding??!!! 500K??!!! I remember them saying it was 350K BASE, nithing about lot premium. But when we went, it was just a receptionist that was there, no sales agent, so she couldn't give us all the details. 500K...I'm still laughing at that one!!!

Old 07-17-2010, 12:34 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
I don't mind cleaning up crap for the right price. I wanna move up there near Rosie (my family is up that way, too). I have been worried about getting a decent price on my house here in S. CLT but I could be more flexible if I knew I could move up that way and get a distressed house at a great price.

Y'all need to fill me in on where to get a bargain up that way. I am into tearing out carpet, repainting, etc., lol (for a bargain).

And BOBO . . . congratulations!! So glad this has worked out for you and your family! WELCOME!

Old 07-17-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Are you kidding??!!! 500K??!!! I remember them saying it was 350K BASE, nithing about lot premium. But when we went, it was just a receptionist that was there, no sales agent, so she couldn't give us all the details. 500K...I'm still laughing at that one!!!
Yeah - it's a game they still try to play in some of the sales offices. Drives me nuts. I will say it has gotten more reasonable with what the builders offer with base and we were there in 2007 when it had reached like the peak of insanity.

I remember going back several times because we really did like the product compared to what else we were seeing in the area... The last time we sat down and went through the "rate sheet" with the agent. I remember her having that swagger thinking she "had us hooked". Sneaking us a look at the next day's rate sheet and the deal we'd get by putting money down that day, stepping out several times to check on details because "things were moving so fast". In her defense it was crazy with how many people were walking through the model and how much buzz there was around the place. But the nickel and diming was epic - many of the lots had 10, 15, or even upwards of 30k+ premiums before any upgrades. They "required" certain upgrades to be bought on certain lots... sales games to the max.

Old 07-17-2010, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
I don't mind cleaning up crap for the right price. I wanna move up there near Rosie (my family is up that way, too). I have been worried about getting a decent price on my house here in S. CLT but I could be more flexible if I knew I could move up that way and get a distressed house at a great price.

Y'all need to fill me in on where to get a bargain up that way. I am into tearing out carpet, repainting, etc., lol (for a bargain).

And BOBO . . . congratulations!! So glad this has worked out for you and your family! WELCOME!
Ani, it really is a nice house. Nice fenced in lot with a wooded area behind it & walking distance to the community pool. For the price they're asking, it just might be worth a look. You'd be closer to your family ;-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte