Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-20-2010, 03:30 PM

2,348 posts, read 3,464,792 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Hope you find that house today! Good luck with the search!

The search went well, found a house we LOVED in a neighborhood we LOVED and offered it the next day. One problem, someone offered it just before we did and the bank accepted (foreclosure) their offer before they even got ours. Talk about a kick in the gut. I'm just disgusted at this point and don't even want to look at anymore houses for a while.

Oh well, things happen for a reason I suppose, or at least I'm told.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2010, 03:58 PM

1,865 posts, read 5,378,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf Howl View Post
The search went well, found a house we LOVED in a neighborhood we LOVED and offered it the next day. One problem, someone offered it just before we did and the bank accepted (foreclosure) their offer before they even got ours. Talk about a kick in the gut. I'm just disgusted at this point and don't even want to look at anymore houses for a while.

BUMMER WOLF!!! I know how disappointing it can be to miss out on a house you love. But like you said (& I firmly believe this too), things happen for a reason. You will find your perfect home

Just curious, was it the foreclosure in my sub? There were a few cars looking at the house next door yesterday & the people in them looked pretty excited. HMmmm...maybe new neighbors

Old 07-20-2010, 08:58 PM

No, this one was actually back in Troutman. We hadn't really looked up that way much but came across a nice neighborhood and house. There is another house in the same neighborhood with a similar floor plan but of course $25k more expensive. We will probably still go see it.

Are you on Burtons Barn (I think that is the name of the road at least)? If so, we did look at the house over there and it's very nice although the driveway is really steep. Who knows, you might be getting new neighbors soon.

Our search continues but running out of houses (and time)! haha

Old 07-20-2010, 09:33 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
Quote:

Oh no! I can't believe the lousy timing.

Yes, I will have to say . . . in my own life, it always has turned out that the "one that got away" was never the best one for me, in the end. So I hope it works out for you that you will find a home you like even better!

Good luck as you continue the search. I was at my wit's end and down to less than a month to find a house and close and there were 8 houses on the list . . . got to # 7 . . . was totally demoralized . . . then walked into #8 and found my new residence.

So it can happen!

Old 07-21-2010, 09:34 AM

1,865 posts, read 5,378,862 times
Quote:
...Are you on Burtons Barn (I think that is the name of the road at least)? If so, we did look at the house over there and it's very nice although the driveway is really steep...
That driveway, really steep??!! Did you see the house next door, the one on top of Mt. Everest?? That's mine. I wish my driveway was like that one (it was supposed to be but never happened) The running joke in the neighborhood is that we have sherpa guides to direct you up to our front door, lol.

When we were ready to buy, we had decided upon another subd here. The sales rep turned out to be a real a$$ & after 3 days of trying to make a purchase we walked away. During those 3 days, we came over to Harris Village to look. In those same 3 days we picked a lot, a model, got a loan approval & put down a binder...1-2-3! So you see, where one door closes, another one opens. You'll find your dream home just like we did.

Old 07-21-2010, 11:04 AM

748 posts, read 1,771,565 times
That house on Burton's Barn was our third choice out of about 20 houses. Nice house.

Old 07-21-2010, 12:42 PM

I think we are going to see another 5 or 6 houses tonight, actually pretty excited about seeing more now that we're over the initial disappointment of losing the other house.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:59 AM

23 posts, read 62,677 times
Hi All - Great posts and very helpful - we are moving down this coming Thursday into a rental and will be starting the house hunt as well. I have seen alot of these houses that you mention online so its interesting to see the comments. NCHunter - which house, street, etc is the one that you mentioned in an earlier post that has the big garage and lot? Sounds perfect for us as my husband has a new Matco business and has a tool truck. Thanks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte