Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 07:57 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,623,498 times

Advertisements

I wouldn't throw away that shovel juuuuust yet.... when it does snow in central NC (which it usually does around 1-3 times a year). You are on your OWN as far as clearing your sidewale, driveway, and in most cases; street (especially if it's a cul-de-sac). Just make sure that as soon as they put snow in the forcast; you go to Food Lion. It doesn't matter if you need any food or not... you jut have to go to the store!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-12-2006, 08:04 PM

2,290 posts, read 2,482,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
Thanks all for the kind words, glad most everyone else who moved here is loving it also.

It was tough to actually get up the courage to move but so far we're glad we did it. We still get little twinges of homesickness here and there though. I probably talk more to my family now then when I was an hour away from them.

Just kidding about the dogs crapping on the neighbors lawn! Well maybe there's a little bit of truth to it but we clean up after them

Who all is interested in getting together at the Fox and the Hound on Aug 19th, late afternoon some time?

Mark

I would if I was in town and didn't break my ankle in 2 places at Wilmington.

Old 08-12-2006, 08:16 PM

2,560 posts, read 6,843,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
Who all is interested in getting together at the Fox and the Hound on Aug 19th, late afternoon some time?

Mark
Wish we could go, still waiting for the ole house to sell. Have fun!

Old 08-12-2006, 09:07 PM

244 posts, read 1,052,340 times
Mark, I'm so happy for you. It's great to hear such nice news.

Old 08-13-2006, 04:05 PM

38 posts, read 211,322 times
Default hello

We are moving to nc from michigan. We are originally from nj . What part of nc are you in? I am glad to hear it's nice there. I think about it being to hot.
I hate the cold here in michigan in the winter. good luck on your new area.
Sincerely,
Tammy

Old 08-13-2006, 04:45 PM

110 posts, read 395,346 times
Well yeah its hot. Dont like the extreme winters up north? We have extreme summers here. And it still gets cold here in the winter, and it does snow...occasionally. If you like Super Target, Walmart, heavy traffic, Californians, yankees, SUVs blocking your view of the road, rising taxes and cost of living, you will LOVE it here.

Old 08-13-2006, 05:02 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,699,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nctarheel
Well yeah its hot. Dont like the extreme winters up north? We have extreme summers here. And it still gets cold here in the winter, and it does snow...occasionally. If you like Super Target, Walmart, heavy traffic, Californians, yankees, SUVs blocking your view of the road, rising taxes and cost of living, you will LOVE it here.
Guess you said it for me, but I try not to block to much of the view with my SUV:

Old 08-13-2006, 05:05 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,848,040 times
Quote:
I do love it here

Old 08-13-2006, 05:12 PM

110 posts, read 395,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregsbabe1
Guess you said it for me, but I try not to block to much of the view with my SUV:
Let me guess...you are moving here from New Jersey. You wont register your vehicle and switch tags to NC for months after you get here. You will be driving a Land Cruiser. Just slapped that NASCAR sticker on the back of your car to "fit in". Will loudly complain to all who will listen that it is alot better the way "we did it up north."

You are moving here for the low taxes, slower paced life, great schools, low crime, ( let me know when you find it, I wanna go too. )

Old 08-13-2006, 05:12 PM

5,265 posts, read 16,623,498 times
Quote:
Took the words out of my mouth. But I'm glad someone else said it before me this time. lol.... but Tarheel; Gregesbabe is actually already living in NC and moving away. She was making a funny and agreeing with you!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte