Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 06:28 PM

21 posts, read 70,267 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markh
Moved here at the end of June 2006 and so far it I've got to tell you, it feels like we're on vacation.

Coming from Massachusetts I can't believe how nice the weather is. Yeah, couple of hot days here and there but for the most part it's been really pleasurable.I was expecting hot and sticky and unbearable but it hasn't been like that at all. It reminds me of the summers when I was a kid back in the early 70's. ahhh the memories!

I'm an old ******* but probably not the oldest here. Just turned 40 dismal 4, 44 for all y'all that cant figure it out.

But anyway for anyone contemplating the move here, so far for us it has been awesome!!

I know that we haven't been here all that long but we couldn't be happier. The kids have a bunch of friends here in the neighborhood, wife and I love the convenience of everything and the dogs love crapping in the neighbors front yard. What more could you ask for!

The hard part about it all is that we miss our family and friends but other than that our neighborhood is great and our neighbors are really nice. My wife and I haven't met our best buddies yet but they are still building and it'll happen eventually. Our kids are stating to get involved activates and that'll bring contact with parents and before you know we'll have some friends.

mvn2nc, still want to meet you guys and we are working on it!!

MarK h...

After some of the posts I've read here it is refeshing to hear a few positive ones. I,too, am 44 and want to relocate to the Mooresville area. We'll be coming from Long island NY (big surprise). I work in TV so between the Networks, Time Warner and The Speed Channel I have a few things lined up. If anyone works in TV and can offer any help that would be mighty friendly. So, let's keep the positive stories going and soon I'll add mine.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2006, 06:41 PM

2,314 posts, read 2,832,446 times
kkhane9 not sure exactly what you dso in the TV business but I have a friend that works for one of the major channels in Charlotte. I can see if they are looking for help.

Let me know

Old 08-14-2006, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent
kkhane9 not sure exactly what you dso in the TV business but I have a friend that works for one of the major channels in Charlotte. I can see if they are looking for help.

Let me know

That would be very nice, thanks. I'll keep you posted. I already appreciate your helpfulness. Are you a Real Estate agent or a secret agent like 007? LOL

Old 08-14-2006, 06:49 PM

I am a Real Estate agent.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteAgent
I am a Real Estate agent.

I figured as much. I receive pictues of homes in Curtis Pond. Are you familiar with it? There seems to be so many new homes going up there. They sound beautiful and are right in our price range. Do you happen to know who the builder is? There are no pictures yet in the listings I receive and wanted to see if there is builders website that I can check out the floor plans.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:08 PM

I sent you a personal message (PM)

Old 08-14-2006, 07:26 PM

336 posts, read 512,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseymom
No fair, you should make it more central so that some of us from Union and Meck counties can make it!
It is in Mecklenburg county.

Old 08-14-2006, 07:29 PM

889 posts, read 3,116,520 times
Quote:
Thanks! It would be cool if we could all make it uptown for a night. Aren't y'all (like that?) about 15-20 minutes from the city?
To Charlotte- yes about 25 min. or so depending on traffic.I

Old 08-15-2006, 07:32 AM

1,574 posts, read 4,753,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.S.
It is in Mecklenburg county.

Is it the one in Ballantyne?

Old 08-15-2006, 07:43 AM

2,290 posts, read 2,470,059 times
Quote:
Is it the one in Ballantyne?

No it's up there by Lake Norman. You go to I77N get off on exit 25 take a left and Birkdale will be on your right about a mile or less down the road. It's in Huntersville Mecklenberg county. Go online and look at Birkdale shopping. Fox and the Hound is there and several others restarants and things. Awesome area!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte