Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-01-2007, 09:36 PM

27 posts, read 128,562 times

Advertisements

I'm moving to Charlotte! Yay!

I am looking for some advice on a nice apartment community or building to live in during my first year in Charlotte. I'm ok w/ the small studio/efficiency size unit. I am open to paying more for a if it is in a nice, safe building.

As a 30-something (and single) I would love to have all the amenities and live in a building with other professionals as it would be nice to meet new people. I've heard some rumors about some apartments having a college frat house clientele and trying to stay away from that. I've also heard that safe, secure, covered parking is a must.

Several buildings have some crazy high rents, are they worth it? (I've heard stories otherwise. ie: ruining people's credit over minimal $130 owed after move out they werent told about, rude staff, broken down fitness rooms, etc)

Rental agents aren't allowed to give the scoop on any of this.
Please note any personal knowledge, experiences and recommendations.
thanks!

Last edited by Goin2Char; 07-01-2007 at 09:46 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2007, 01:03 PM

15 posts, read 53,255 times
I am in the same boat as you, Goin2Char...I am 26 years old, a young professional and single. If you hear of anything, please let me know -- also, I'm not sure where the "trendy/fun" areas are to live (I am assumming uptown has more to do, but Balantyne is a nice area with good/clean places to live...just not really sure how it is with the amount of things to do).

Old 07-02-2007, 01:12 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,721,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherliz View Post
I am in the same boat as you, Goin2Char...I am 26 years old, a young professional and single. If you hear of anything, please let me know -- also, I'm not sure where the "trendy/fun" areas are to live (I am assumming uptown has more to do, but Balantyne is a nice area with good/clean places to live...just not really sure how it is with the amount of things to do).
You should both try sending our poster kmway a private message. She knows the rental situation in uptown better than anyone else on this board. I am sure she could tell you what you want to know. Good luck!

Old 11-08-2007, 06:39 PM

1 posts, read 3,494 times
Default Please share

Wanting same. thanks

Old 11-08-2007, 08:30 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,461,121 times
I won't give personal opinions on different complexes since I have a biased opinion working for one.

I can tell you though even the covered "safe" places get the same crimes as the ones that aren't.......I know I contact them when issues arise.

Yes even the ones that have a gated entrance with only residents that can enter.

A few questions I would pose to you id.....Where are you going to be working? Do you mind walking a good distance or do you want to live right next to your work? Do you want to pay for parking when you live so close? Are you looking for a shuttle type service to go along with it? What exactly do you want price range?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte