Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2007, 08:08 PM

3,662 posts, read 9,663,379 times

Advertisements

I'll be the first to admit if he wasn't referring to illegals that I'm sorry for the assumption; however, when asking about "day laborers" at Home Depot and the likes, that is precisely what comes to mind due to the fact that illegal "day laborers" are indeed hovering at Home Depots and similar establishments.

I'm sure there are plenty of handymen around Charlotte that could some money from side jobs.

I agree that Craigslist Charlotte is an excellent avenue for this purpose.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2007, 09:11 PM

55 posts, read 159,150 times
Where I live, "day laborers" is kind of code for illegal/undocumented workers, so it is interesting, and a novel concept, that there are individuals readily available and willing to do such work. Sounds like good summer work for HS and college kids, too.

Sorry for the bunny trail onto that (immigration) topic. It all had me a little confused, as where I live, it would sound like a call for under-the-table pay and such.

My apologies.

Old 07-17-2007, 05:02 AM

1,453 posts, read 5,147,867 times
Call the Urban Ministry Center Uptown. They have homeless people that are willing to work during the day.

Old 07-17-2007, 08:57 AM

15 posts, read 54,661 times
You might also check in college newspapers for students who are looking for some extra cash, or post signs on campus. Depending on what the yardwork is, neighborhood kids might be interested, since school's out and they don't have much to do. You just have to make sure they understand what's a weed and what's not .

Old 11-15-2010, 12:24 PM

1 posts, read 2,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sport View Post
Where does a person find a day laborer or two to do some yard cleanup work?
I've driven thru a couple of Lowes, Home Depots, and U-Haul places but I don't see any temporary workers available. Am I looking at the wrong stores? Thanks.
What would you like done? I'm out of work and having a hard time making any kind of legal cash. I'm 28/m and in shape. I have a construction background and am willing to work. I speak english (I am from NY and American) I have bills due and need money coming in from sources other than what I have. Email me if you are interested, I will provide you with a phone number to speak 1 on 1 through the email. You can email me at [email]throwaway6936@gmail.com[/email], forgive me for not giving my real email as this is a public forum

Old 11-15-2010, 01:31 PM

11,839 posts, read 28,939,538 times
There are plenty hanging out in front of the Habitat for Humanity store & McDonalds on Wendover Road.

Old 11-15-2010, 07:37 PM

23,813 posts, read 34,657,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwaway6936 View Post
What would you like done? I'm out of work and having a hard time making any kind of legal cash. I'm 28/m and in shape. I have a construction background and am willing to work. I speak english (I am from NY and American) I have bills due and need money coming in from sources other than what I have. Email me if you are interested, I will provide you with a phone number to speak 1 on 1 through the email. You can email me at throwaway6936@gmail.com, forgive me for not giving my real email as this is a public forum
This is a 3 year old thread. The only place that you referenced was NY. This is the Charlotte board. If you are a NYer in the Charlotte area, go to the state employment website & check for jobs. I'm aware of several outside of Charlotte.

Old 11-15-2010, 08:43 PM

1,969 posts, read 3,595,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Throwaway6936 View Post
What would you like done? I'm out of work and having a hard time making any kind of legal cash. I'm 28/m and in shape. I have a construction background and am willing to work. I speak english (I am from NY and American) I have bills due and need money coming in from sources other than what I have. Email me if you are interested, I will provide you with a phone number to speak 1 on 1 through the email. You can email me at throwaway6936@gmail.com, forgive me for not giving my real email as this is a public forum
You could always hang out around the local home depot in your area with a hammer in hand. People will get the hint

Old 11-15-2010, 10:27 PM

171 posts, read 357,288 times
He meant illegals - let's not play little games with ourselves.

Its not like you see groups of whites or blacks standing around looking for work. If they are that needy the government pays them to stay home and watch Maury.

Mexicans are the only people that congregate in front of big box home improvement stores. Be careful though - setting aside the fact that these people are all illegal immigrants, many are violent criminals and cannot be trusted. Hire at your own risk.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:47 PM

3,071 posts, read 9,135,150 times
Yo //you need to check with a temporary job service.Keep it legal my friend
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte