Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2007, 04:43 PM

100 posts, read 354,803 times

Advertisements

[font="Comic Sans MS"]Does anyone know what is being built on the corner of Waxhaw Indain trail road. Every time I drive out there there is major traffic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2007, 05:08 PM

825 posts, read 2,820,738 times
I found Wesley Chapel's web site. They have a slide show about the development. Target is the anchor store. The slide show shows different elevations and logos for possible restaurants that may set up shop...so don't get too excited.

Apparently, the Village Council was to decide about putting "liquor by the drink" on the November ballot. Does anyone know the result of the July council meeting?

http://www.wesleychapelnc.com/documents/Village%20Commons%20Update%20-%20June%202007.pdf (broken link)

Last edited by muffinman; 08-09-2007 at 05:20 PM..

Old 08-09-2007, 06:02 PM

435 posts, read 1,815,557 times
I also heard they are building a Lowe's Foods - not where the Target is, but diagonally from the CVS.

Old 08-09-2007, 06:56 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,733,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman View Post
I found Wesley Chapel's web site. They have a slide show about the development. Target is the anchor store. The slide show shows different elevations and logos for possible restaurants that may set up shop...so don't get too excited.

Apparently, the Village Council was to decide about putting "liquor by the drink" on the November ballot. Does anyone know the result of the July council meeting?

http://www.wesleychapelnc.com/documents/Village%20Commons%20Update%20-%20June%202007.pdf (broken link)
The board voted UNANOMOUSLY (sp?) to put LBTD on the ballot. This vote is HUGE for Wesley Chapel and Union County for that matter. If the referendum doesn't pass, certain restaurants will not go up w/that development. We (Union county) NEED LBTD to pass because it will keep people from traveling to Pineville, Matthews and Charlotte (ie Mecklenburg) to spend money. Very simple, the more money spent in UC, the less our taxes will go up.

I wish the town council of Indian Trail was as open to respect the voters wishes as the council of wesley chapel...

Old 08-09-2007, 07:01 PM

825 posts, read 2,820,738 times
Thanks for sharing that information Coupon Jack.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:28 AM

979 posts, read 3,829,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovingcharlotte1966 View Post
[font="Comic Sans MS"]Does anyone know what is being built on the corner of Waxhaw Indain trail road. Every time I drive out there there is major traffic.

I'm trying to figure out where that is exactly. It looks interesting!

Old 08-20-2007, 09:46 AM

536 posts, read 1,694,094 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuziSu View Post
I'm trying to figure out where that is exactly. It looks interesting!
Your Location says "Wesly Chapel, FLORIDA" - You are LOST!

Old 08-20-2007, 10:47 AM

293 posts, read 959,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
The board voted UNANOMOUSLY (sp?) to put LBTD on the ballot. This vote is HUGE for Wesley Chapel and Union County for that matter. If the referendum doesn't pass, certain restaurants will not go up w/that development. We (Union county) NEED LBTD to pass because it will keep people from traveling to Pineville, Matthews and Charlotte (ie Mecklenburg) to spend money. Very simple, the more money spent in UC, the less our taxes will go up.

I wish the town council of Indian Trail was as open to respect the voters wishes as the council of wesley chapel...

I agree, Indian Trail does need to consider LBTD. I guess we all have to get involved.
I'm very excited for this new development in Wesley Chapel. It looks beautiful and it's so close.

Old 08-20-2007, 08:54 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,427,748 times
Accross from the Harris Teeter, will be a:
Lowe's Foods,
MickyD's
BofA
Wallgreens
Anzio Pizza
Quiznos
Chinese Takeout
Dri Cleaner
Dr. Office
Insurance Office
Coffee House (not a Starbucks)
24 Hour Gym (24 Hour Fitness I think)
A sitdown restaurant/pub like Hickory Tavern.

Old 08-20-2007, 09:36 PM

1,242 posts, read 4,036,718 times
Default stores

That is weird because the Village Commons already has a chinese take out and a pizza place, insurance center (state Farm), dentist, dry cleaner, etc. Maybe that is an old list because half of those stores are already there.

I can't beleive they want to put in a McD's..that is so bad for the kids!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte