Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-14-2011, 05:44 AM

218 posts, read 244,575 times

Advertisements

Unbelievable, they have two weeks to prepared for the Titans and they stunk up Charlotte. They were out played and out coach.

I still believe they will beat Det at their home!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 07:55 PM

1,546 posts, read 2,551,719 times
Trying to feel the entertainment in football here....Do you feel like you just wasted your hard earned money going to this game?

Old 11-15-2011, 08:21 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
I definitely would have felt like I wasted my money if I went to the game. Every other home game was exciting and close but that was pathetic.

Last year I went to a Carolina game and the tickets were free, our company has a PSL and I felt like I wasted my money. At least this year there is a false sense of hope, well, before last game there was...

Old 11-20-2011, 02:17 PM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,326 times
Wow what a blown lead. 35-8 in second half. +1 Loss.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:52 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
The problem with the Panthers is half time adjustments. Other teams make them and Carolina doesn't.

Old 11-20-2011, 03:52 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Wow what a blown lead. 35-8 in second half. +1 Loss.
Just 8 pts in the second half thats coaching right there Detroit made the needed adjustments the panthers didnt. Newton didn't help the cause with 3 ints in the 2nd half. my bet is looking really good at this point. I think indy could get their first win of the season.

Old 11-20-2011, 04:22 PM

1,037 posts, read 2,047,500 times
Damn the half-time adjustments, the defense just blew it again!!!

Old 11-20-2011, 04:27 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,278,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
Just 8 pts in the second half thats coaching right there Detroit made the needed adjustments the panthers didnt. Newton didn't help the cause with 3 ints in the 2nd half. my bet is looking really good at this point. I think indy could get their first win of the season.
The defense played tough during the 1st half and completely fell apart in the 2nd half. Regardless of the INTs, 35 points should be enough for any team in the NFL to secure a victory, relying on a rookie QB to overcome 4th QB deficits via across-the-middle passing (versus sideline dink-and-dunks) is a recipe for disaster.

I saw it coming, when the Panthers didn't roll Cam out for the dink-and-dunks to Dwill, JStew and TEs to get 1st downs during the start of the 2nd half, I knew it was over. The Lions have been a beast in the 2nd half of games all year. Pressing the vertical passing strategy in the NFL can go but so far and the only way we could stop their offense was for our O to sustain long drives. I like what the O cooridinators are doing, but sooner or later you have to realize the defense is lackluster, play ball control versus the home run pops (give the dang ball to Dwill more, he should get 15-20 touches a game...isn't that why they gave him all that money?)

And yes, Cam will need to learn how to eat the ball more, common with rookie QBs. He didn't play great or competely horrible, but as I figured, this about where he should be in the progression curve.

49 points?? embarrassing, can we hold em to a field goal sometimes, man.

Last edited by Big Aristotle; 11-20-2011 at 04:40 PM..

Old 11-20-2011, 04:38 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Aristotle View Post
The defense played tough during the 1st half and completely fell apart in the 2nd half. Regardless of the INTs, 35 points should be enough for any team in the NFL to secure a victory, relying on a rookie QB to overcome 4th QB deficits via across-the-middle passing (versus sideline dink-and-dunks) is a recipe for disaster.

I saw it coming, when the Panthers didn't roll Cam out for the dink-and-dunks to Dwill, JStew and TEs to get 1st downs during the start of the 2nd half, I knew it was over. The Lions have been a beast in the 2nd half of games all year. Pressing the vertical passing strategy in the NFL can go but so far and the only way we could stop their offense was for our O to sustain long drives. I like what the O cooridinators are doing, but sooner or later you have to realize the defense is lackluster, play ball control versus the home run pops (give the dang ball to Dwill more, he should get 15-20 touches a game...isn't that why they gave him all that money?)

49 points?? embarrassing, can we hold em to a field goal sometimes, man.
I agree I feel the panthers got out coached in this one. I think Cam will be a good solid QB, with a chance of being really great, but i'm not sold on Rivera, and forget about hurney he's a bum

Old 11-20-2011, 05:07 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,278,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
I agree I feel the panthers got out coached in this one. I think Cam will be a good solid QB, with a chance of being really great, but i'm not sold on Rivera, and forget about hurney he's a bum
Not sure about great, but could be very solid once the overthrows are minimized and continues to learn defensive sets. Really, the defense needs an overhaul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte