Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2011, 10:16 AM

2,532 posts, read 3,451,326 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
The goal of the QB is to lead drives that end with points. Period.

Cam throws for 400+ and it's a bad thing...
Cam rushes for TD's and it's a bad thing...
Cam throws 3 INT's and it's Christmas in October...
Not at all. Since Green Bay to date, I have stated Newton had beat my expectations; in other words, the "bust" tag was no longer applicable. Now he just has to prove he can do more than be the exciting rushing guy he currently is ala Michael Vick.

To finish two of your sentences...
Cam throws for 400+ and it's a bad thing when you also throw 3 interceptions in the same game resulting in a QB Rating of 72.0 and the Panthers lose. (Green Bay)

Cam rushes for TD's and it works as long as he doesn't throw 3 interceptions resulting in a QB Rating of 44.3, which was the third worst QB rating last week; also works if the Panthers win, which they didn't against a 3-3 team. (Atlanta)

Quote:
It's obvious you aren't a fan of the Panthers. Real fans aren't happy when their team comes up short.
Forgot to answer you here. I am a "trying to be" fan of the Panthers (transplant to Charlotte). Who says I am happy because the Panthers lose.... I am not that person. I hope they win each game and are disappointed when they lose. Note I am also a realist and realize that there is so many areas needing improvement that I don't just single out DEFENSE as the only reason they lose. They lose because of all areas of the field. Again, something you Cam Lovers have yet to figure out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2011, 10:40 AM

15,355 posts, read 12,648,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ncopus99 View Post
Not at all. Since Green Bay to date, I have stated Newton had beat my expectations; in other words, the "bust" tag was no longer applicable. Now he just has to prove he can do more than be the exciting rushing guy he currently is ala Michael Vick.

To finish two of your sentences...
Cam throws for 400+ and it's a bad thing when you also throw 3 interceptions in the same game resulting in a QB Rating of 72.0 and the Panthers lose. (Green Bay)

Cam rushes for TD's and it works as long as he doesn't throw 3 interceptions resulting in a QB Rating of 44.3, which was the third worst QB rating last week; also works if the Panthers win, which they didn't against a 3-3 team. (Atlanta)

Forgot to answer you here. I am a "trying to be" fan of the Panthers (transplant to Charlotte). Who says I am happy because the Panthers lose.... I am not that person. I hope they win each game and are disappointed when they lose. Note I am also a realist and realize that there is so many areas needing improvement that I don't just single out DEFENSE as the only reason they lose. They lose because of all areas of the field. Again, something you Cam Lovers have yet to figure out.
It's much easier to be a fan when you have realistic expectations from a 2-14 team with a new QB and new HC.

Old 10-20-2011, 10:57 AM

1,259 posts, read 1,584,695 times
Quote:
The goal of the QB is to lead drives that end with points. Period.

Cam throws for 400+ and it's a bad thing...
Cam rushes for TD's and it's a bad thing...
Cam throws 3 INT's and it's Christmas in October...
the goal is to win games. so far he has one, and that one had a big assist from the weather!

Old 10-20-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
It's much easier to be a fan when you have realistic expectations from a 2-14 team with a new QB and new HC.
How unrealistic is it for them to beat a 1-4 and 3-3 teams... seriously.

New HC: 49ers has it working. 6 total wins last year, currently at 5 wins.
New QB: Cincy has it working. 4 total wins last year, currently at 4 wins.
Can we stop with that excuse?

Old 10-20-2011, 11:39 AM

John Beck is announced the starting QB for Washington this upcoming game against us.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:11 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,278,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
It was brilliance! I'd explain it to you but it would ruin the fun
You know, I'm beginning to warm up to you...shudder the thought.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:15 PM

3,866 posts, read 4,278,029 times
Quote:

Nothing is a given in the NFL...don't you think every other team/fan is thinking the same thing about the Panthers. Surely you can beat a 1-5 team.

No excuse, we should have more W's, its just not ALL CAM'S FAULT. It's combo of Cam (or offense), defense, special teams and coaching but if one could get analytical, the heavily weighted variable would be defense.

Old 10-20-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tread102 View Post
the goal is to win games. so far he has one, and that one had a big assist from the weather!
Did it only rain when the Jags had the ball? Do the Jags play in a dome?

How does weather "assist" in a win? Is Cam Aquaman? You know a lot of blacks can't swim so how does the weather "assist" Cam? The Panthers have scored 20+ points in every other game... if anything the weather "assisted" the Jags...

Last edited by Feltdesigner; 10-20-2011 at 02:10 PM..

Old 10-20-2011, 02:08 PM

Quote:

The Panthers are 1 win from matching last years total...

This is why you are clueless and completely out of your element in this conversation.

These 2 teams you mentioned were better than the Panthers last year so they should have more wins...

If the 49ers finish with 8 wins and the Panther finish with 5 who had the better year?

The Panthers were 2-14... they don't need to win that many games to show "real" improvement.

Old 10-20-2011, 02:47 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,808,276 times
Quote:
Another tough loss. Newton with 3 interceptions 0 TDs; 1 in the end zone. Ouch.
Actually I wasn't able to tell from your above statement that you knew about Cam's TD. The zero next to the TD was my indicator that perhaps you didn't. Maybe a zero with an asterisk would clear that up in future.

Quote:
Remember the goal of a QB is to facilitate the ball, not RUSH for touchdowns.
So, now you're discounting rushing touchdowns, too?
Earlier you diminished the importance of total offense (it was all about the red zone). It's a good job that it wasn't a rushing touchdown from outside the red zone or it really wouldn't have counted.

Your arms must be sore from continually moving the goalposts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte