Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2011, 08:18 AM

1,921 posts, read 2,022,326 times

Advertisements

^ Yeah, like anything made in China, maybe? Which is to say . . . everything.

Old 12-08-2011, 08:26 AM

23,816 posts, read 34,790,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH1970 View Post
Nor do boycotts only come from the left.
That's for sure, Brian. I believe that in this thread it's primarily members of the religious right who keep saying boycott, because that's what they would do.

Old 12-08-2011, 10:10 AM

6,299 posts, read 16,125,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdub1968 View Post
Well, when you keep calling people that don't agree with your philosophy 'haters', you are adding to it.
What else can it be but hate for an entire group of people to try to legislate against providing civil rights to another group of people?

The haters point to a spot in the bible to justify their hatred. But if they believed every item, literally, in the bible, they would never enjoy lobster or shrimp, since the bible says don't eat 'em.

Why don't Christians legislate against fish sellers, then, if Christians believe everything they read in the bible?

I'm not sure how any one person's love for another has ever affected any "Christian" person. Yet "Christians" act like they are under attack.

Imagine for one moment if a group of people decided that YOUR heterosexual relationship was sinful, wrong, and you should never, ever, have an opportunity to marry the one you love, to the point that they wanted to change laws?

Would you not speak up? Would you not ask, why? Would you not ask, "What difference does it make to THEM?"

Of course you would.

There's a battle going on here, and it's being funded by the Salvation Army and Chick-Fil-A, among others.

It's important to know who you're doing business with, and it starts at the local level.

How much better it would be if those groups spent the time and money on helping others instead of hurting them?

Of course, the Salvation Army does a lot. So does Goodwill and the American Red Cross -- but they do it without the addition of hatred.

It's not about debating. It's about thinking and treating others as you would like to be treated. (Open your books and read Luke 6:31 )

Last edited by lovebrentwood; 12-08-2011 at 10:18 AM..

Old 12-08-2011, 10:15 AM

3,065 posts, read 8,917,529 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteGal View Post
Yeah, it's a question of priorities, for sure. I told my son I hope we can find a recipe to try to make something like it at home! That way I can use local free-range chicken, too. I know it won't be exactly Chick-fil-A, but it might even be better. Like I can't recreate Pillsbury biscuits-from-a-can (which have their own charm), but my homemade biscuits are really good for different reasons.

You can try the "southern style" McDonalds chicken sandwhich as a substitute.

On a side note, who didn't know that Chick-Fil-A was a private family owned, christian owned company. Why do you think it's closed on Sundays's. Why do you think you get free food for bringing in a churcj bulletin on Mondays?
S. Truett Cathy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Cathy Family

Old 12-08-2011, 10:31 AM

15,360 posts, read 12,690,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
What else can it be but hate for an entire group of people to try to legislate against providing civil rights to another group of people?

The haters point to a spot in the bible to justify their hatred. But if they believed every item, literally, in the bible, they would never enjoy lobster or shrimp, since the bible says don't eat 'em.

Why don't Christians legislate against fish sellers, then, if Christians believe everything they read in the bible?

I'm not sure how any one person's love for another has ever affected any "Christian" person. Yet "Christians" act like they are under attack.

Imagine for one moment if a group of people decided that YOUR heterosexual relationship was sinful, wrong, and you should never, ever, have an opportunity to marry the one you love, to the point that they wanted to change laws?

Would you not speak up? Would you not ask, why? Would you not ask, "What difference does it make to THEM?"

Of course you would.

There's a battle going on here, and it's being funded by the Salvation Army and Chick-Fil-A, among others.

It's important to know who you're doing business with, and it starts at the local level.

How much better it would be if those groups spent the time and money on helping others instead of hurting them?

Of course, the Salvation Army does a lot. So does Goodwill and the American Red Cross -- but they do it without the addition of hatred.

It's not about debating. It's about thinking and treating others as you would like to be treated. (Open your books and read Luke 6:31 )
Jesus multiplied loaves of bread and fish, turned water to wine

I think some people feel under attack because they want it all and it's not how things work.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:42 AM

10,125 posts, read 14,024,852 times
Quote:

Because that is under the old covenant, not the new. When Jesus came he established a new covenant. The rules about food do not necessarily apply to you unless you still follow the old covenant.

Quote:

Of course you would.
Well there's a huge difference. If heterosexual relationships were illegal, the human race would go extinct. Not exactly the same as homosexual relationships.

Quote:

Isn't that a bit hypocritical because you're talking about not supporting an organization that helps others just because you disagree with their beliefs. You can't have it both ways. If you are that concern about helping others then you would support the organization despite their beliefs because you and I both know that they have a long history of helping others. Are there beliefs stopping them from support others or is it stopping you from helping? Something to think about. By the way can I ask a quick question.....

ARE WE REALLY TALKING ABOUT THIS OVER SOME CHICKEN???? REALLY??? If you don't like their views go somewhere else. Goodness. There are a lot of things that McDonald's does that I disagree with but you don't see me coming on the internet making threads about it. Grow up and move on, please.

Old 12-08-2011, 11:47 AM

1,452 posts, read 2,999,407 times
Quote:

Sigh. It is difficult to teach the bible to non-believers (and some believers) so I try to avoid it.

There are references to homosexuality in the New Testament, but are not so blatant - more about them not inheriting the Kingdom, etc. I'm sure some Googling would help. But since it was translated from different languages you will need to read pretty deep for the true meaning of the words.

There was also a few passages about eating clean/unclean foods in the NT, and yet again can be found if you are looking and want to educate yourself.

I agree, why do some things in the Old Testament apply, and some don't? It is more of a problem with my Jewish friends than a Christian that knows the Word. That is where the New Testament comes in.

If you think Christians are against homos, you should see the Muslims. They wouldn't 'hate' you (your word), they would kill you.

Personally I do not expect people that do not confess to God to actually follow God's laws. To each their own.

Like I mentioned in a thread that was deleted about homosexuality AND religion - don't shove it down our throats. Either of them.

Old 12-08-2011, 12:17 PM

18,474 posts, read 7,133,812 times
So...let me get this straight....

Chick-Fil-A has the cleanest facilities, the fastest and most courteous staff in the business AND the best tasting chicken of any fast food chain in the country.
This is true in just about any Chick-Fil-A you go to anywhere (what other chain can you say THAT about)?

They also happen to NOT support a lifestyle that has been considered a sin by every religion on the planet for thousands of years.

Hmmmm.....I'm sorry, what was your problem with Chick-Fil-A again???

Last edited by FatBob96; 12-08-2011 at 12:27 PM..

Old 12-08-2011, 01:10 PM

6,299 posts, read 16,125,706 times
So because some religions are even more intolerant of gay people, the United States of America should be as well?

God help us all.

Old 12-08-2011, 01:12 PM

642 posts, read 1,173,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Jesus multiplied loaves of bread and fish, turned water to wine

I think some people feel under attack because they want it all and it's not how things work.
Well, it's a theory, I suppose but it would seem that Chic-Fil-A was not used as caterers for this particular feast.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte