Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2012, 01:54 PM

550 posts, read 1,808,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stella Artois View Post
Dance clubs are uptown and in the NCMF. The only affect that the ordinaance is that the bands will move inside and perhaps music toned down a bit. There will be no major impact. By the way, what do you mean in your first sentence when you say "One thing I noticed when I moved to Charlotte is smaller......?" Smaller than what? Like the smoking issue, people are over reacting. It will all be fine.
You don't understand the new discussion... this is for ALL entertainment in places within 400 feet of residentially zoned areas. No bands, no karaoke, no pool tables, no juke boxes, etc. This would impact Kennedy's, Philosopher's Stone, Jackalope Jacks, Common Market, Snug Harbor, Thomas St. Tavern, most places in NoDa... the list goes on. How in the world is that not a major impact?!?? It won't impact Uptown, but it will impact every other area. Those of us who loathe the Epicenter and generic places that swarm the center city are not happy about the possibilities.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2012, 01:56 PM

550 posts, read 1,808,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbancharlotte View Post
Remember that they're talking about clubs within 400 feet of a residential area (in other words, clubs that are literally next door to someone's living space). And even those clubs are allowed to be noisy up until midnight. I just don't see where this will have much of an impact (then again, I am an uptown person when it comes to "going out" anyways).
You obviously don't go to any of the places I mentioned - Jacks, P-Stone, Kennedy's, Plaza Midwood or Noda. It's a shame - you're missing out on a lot of what Charlotte has to offer!

Old 01-16-2012, 02:00 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,642,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota4791 View Post
You obviously don't go to any of the places I mentioned - Jacks, P-Stone, Kennedy's, Plaza Midwood or Noda. It's a shame - you're missing out on a lot of what Charlotte has to offer!

people who love sipping tea and warm milk on weekends don't see the shame in this ordinance.

Old 01-16-2012, 02:04 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,501,703 times
Does anyone know the detail on this proposal. Is it 400 feet from the property line from the entertainment complex or the structure?

If its from the structure then 400 feet is not that bad that is less than a city block. If it is property line this will effect alot of venues even venues that are not in neighborhoods but have neighborhood in its back side of its property like Charlotte oldest dance club of last 43 years.

The other problem if this passes then the city could easily increase boundaries in coming years.

Wasnt it just last year when they already put restrictions and why are not these restrictions not goof enough? The current ordidnance --> http://charmeck.org/city/charlotte/C...eOrdinance.pdf

This new ordinance will prohibit any place within 400 ft getting permits. Kill the music: Charlotte City Council’s fight against live music | CLT Blog

Old 01-17-2012, 11:55 AM

2,695 posts, read 3,399,885 times
the details of the proposal will be very telling,
I was not trying to make this about the dangers of smoking but rather draw a parralell between the two issues. remember back when everybody was told that having to sit in the smoking section was not the end of the world? well, I am glad it has been moved outside but that even that was not enough for the fun police.

in our city we have a small outdoor amphi theatre . music acts are put on there, the first year concerts ended at 11 pm , fine no biggie, this year concerts end at 9 pm due to people complaining about the noise.
all this within one year.

I promise you guys, the fun police is onto drinking/bars/music now that smoking
has been manhandled and banished .

Old 01-17-2012, 04:15 PM

Here online version of tonight meeting being televise right now.

City Council Zoning Mtg

In case that didnt load click on this link and click on In Progress at the bottom
City Council

Old 01-18-2012, 03:12 PM

37,875 posts, read 41,904,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocNY View Post
And you wonder why many young professionals are leaving Charlotte
Because they are clairvoyants who peered into the future and saw this proposed ordinance coming?

Old 01-18-2012, 04:46 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,218,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
Because they are clairvoyants who peered into the future and saw this proposed ordinance coming?

Old 01-18-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post

Maybe they consulted with one of over 26 palm reader or psychics in Charlotte area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte