Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2012, 08:24 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,632,388 times

Advertisements

Loomis Fargo SouthPark armed robbery shooting Charlotte lockdown - WBTV 3 News, Weather, Sports, and Traffic for Charlotte, NC

Charlotte Country Day was put on shut down after an armored truck employee was shot near that location, in an apparent robbery attempt.

Is violent crime up in Charlotte? I hope this is not a trend that portends the coming 11 months ahead.

Last edited by brokensky; 01-23-2012 at 08:45 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-23-2012, 09:49 AM

286 posts, read 690,386 times
Seems to be a shooting every week ...

Old 01-23-2012, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlondeLocks View Post
Seems to be a shooting every week ...
SO far, it has been several a week, I believe. I don't think I am exaggerating. At least in the last two weeks, I believe we have had several murders and several shootings that were part of robberies, not people-on-people crimes (b/n folks who know one another).

Old 01-23-2012, 11:08 AM

2,152 posts, read 6,812,398 times
Isn't this the same area that guy from upper management @ CMC was shot around Easter?

Old 01-23-2012, 11:19 AM

Well, the CMC exec was shot on Mullens Ford Road, if I remember correctly, and that runs behind Charlotte Country Day. Foxcroft shopping center, where the robbery took place, is up closer to Fairview, I think. I never figured out if the murder victim you refer to was walking from that Caribou Coffee off Fairview road, or not. I believe all the reports were that he was shot on Mullens Ford Road after having coffee. But yes, it is that same area around the school.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:24 AM

181 posts, read 354,321 times
Yes, same apartment complex where Robert Barber was gunned down. Lets see, restaurant murder in stonecrest, wok worker in Hickory Grove and a man shot to death in a car all in one weekend.(that suspect was arrested-he had only been arrested 9 days prior Arrest made in Sunday Charlotte homicide )

Just thursday a shooting at a southwest convenient store.
Police probe death at Charlotte convenience store

And the murder at a night club on NYE, that makes the homicide count at 5 for the year. Yes, one a week at this rate. Keep juking those stats CMPD that crime is down

Old 01-23-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC72 View Post
Yes, same apartment complex where Robert Barber was gunned down. Lets see, restaurant murder in stonecrest, wok worker in Hickory Grove and a man shot to death in a car all in one weekend.(that suspect was arrested-he had only been arrested 9 days prior Arrest made in Sunday Charlotte homicide )

Just thursday a shooting at a southwest convenient store.
Police probe death at Charlotte convenience store

And the murder at a night club on NYE, that makes the homicide count at 5 for the year. Yes, one a week at this rate. Keep juking those stats CMPD that crime is down
Do they even have a suspect for that murder on NYE? That was a really heinous murder.

Old 01-23-2012, 12:07 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,762,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
SO far, it has been several a week, I believe. I don't think I am exaggerating. At least in the last two weeks, I believe we have had several murders and several shootings that were part of robberies, not people-on-people crimes (b/n folks who know one another).
"...Police say only the murder of Rosen was a random act....Medlock says, “In every other case... We believe that those deaths involved someone they know or had associations with.."CMPD Homicide Unit Investigates 5th Death In A Week, 6th This Year | Charlotte News | Weather | Carolina Panthers | Bobcats | FOX Charlotte | Local News

Old 01-23-2012, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
"...Police say only the murder of Rosen was a random act....Medlock says, “In every other case... We believe that those deaths involved someone they know or had associations with.."CMPD Homicide Unit Investigates 5th Death In A Week, 6th This Year | Charlotte News | Weather | Carolina Panthers | Bobcats | FOX Charlotte | Local News
Oh, that's good to know.

Just don't make friends here or get a job - that will lessen your chance of being a homicide victim, greatly.

Old 01-23-2012, 03:02 PM

181 posts, read 354,321 times
Default Charlotte police are concerned about the violent nature of recent robberies

turning into a cesspool around here....

Mt. Island lake robbery

Charlotte police are concerned about the violent nature of recent robberies
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte