Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 04:55 AM

2 posts, read 2,021 times

Advertisements

We've gotten two people who can verify that the OP was at one time a student at XXX, but none will sign an affidavit attesting to the veracity of the story. Worse, they are not employees or students of XXXX. Can anyone verify this person's identity and put him/her in touch with us? I've tried to get through to the OP with no luck. Does anyone know who he/she is? We're doing an investigative report for Repress U, but we cannot and will not proceed until we can verify that this really happened from an employee of the institution. I know that there are XXXX campus people who frequent this forum. Could one be kind enough to verify this incident off-the-record? No names will be mentioned in the report.

I have read through this thread. It seems as though some people have a personal interest in keeping this story swept under the rug. I don't know why.

Thanks.

Jayne
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2012, 04:18 PM

2 posts, read 2,021 times
Someone in one of the departments at XXXX university verified parts of the story, but nobody can verify the threats. We need one more person to come forward, preferably in the campus police. This is an incredible travesty of justice. It WILL go national.

Does anyone know who the OP is?

OP: if you are reading this, please read the thread. We will provide legal representation for you. What this insane system has done will be read the Riot Act and more.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:50 PM

20 posts, read 29,957 times
Jayne:

Thank you for your concern. Everything is under control.

Old 10-11-2012, 04:51 PM

20 posts, read 29,957 times
Jayne,

The school is not in a good position at all. I don't think I need your help. Please send me a PM for further information. I don't need your help.

Old 10-15-2012, 02:57 AM

372 posts, read 723,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
Campus Police for colleges and Universities only have jurisdiction on their campus property. I was going to say that 99 pecent campus police are not ARMED! I think there was only one campus that got approval for their police to be able to carry firearms on campus. Call the Attorney General..............something here is not adding up.
Just as a side note:

There is a distinct difference between Campus Police and Campus Security. At least in NC. Campus Police fall under Chapter 74E and they are required to be certified as Law Enforcement Officers. Throwing the "99%" statistic shows you don't know what you are talking about. Campus police officers are sworn Law Enforcement officers. They are commissioned through the NCDOJ and hold the same responsibility and authority as city police officers or sheriff's deputies. Every collegiate institution in this state that have a Campus PD, have "Armed" police officers. NCACLEA (North Carolina Association of Campus Law Enforcement Administrators) is currently showing over 500 sworn officers assigned to institutions across NC.

And one other thing you are misinformed about is they have also territorial jurisdiction on all streets and highways through and around the campus location.

And yes, the Attorney Generals Office has a Chief Administrator for the very same.

Old 10-15-2012, 06:29 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,506,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CMellin View Post
Jayne:

Thank you for your concern. Everything is under control.
Since you went to the effort of making a thread and drawing an audience, I would think you would come back and relay what actions have taken place and how this situation has been resolved.

THere were some rather disturbing accusations made and in all fairness, the resolution to the issue should be posted here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte