Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2015, 11:34 AM

398 posts, read 984,087 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momtothree View Post
Are you sure NC is a no fault state? The police officer clearly noted I was not at fault and cited the other person with the accident verbally and in the report.
Well, that what I was told my the police officer and then by both insurance companies (mine and theirs).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2015, 02:02 PM

7,672 posts, read 12,815,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by djshinodalp View Post
Well, that what I was told my the police officer and then by both insurance companies (mine and theirs).
Well I definitely confirmed we are not a no fault state unless you were in a parking lot? Maybe that was it? Or was the accident in another state?

Old 07-21-2015, 11:30 AM

398 posts, read 984,087 times
My accident was at the intersection of queens and queens (could it be more confusing?) in Myers park.

This is the street view in google: <click here>

I was going straight in the 2nd lane and the other party was making a left from opposite direction into "Edgehill Rd South". Accident happened around 5:15 pm Friday evening... peak commute hour.

Last edited by djshinodalp; 07-21-2015 at 11:32 AM.. Reason: additional info

Old 08-01-2015, 09:51 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,182,535 times
This seems to be universal and not limited to Charlotte drivers.

Twice in the past two days I've been cut off by drivers turning right on a red light who don't seem to be aware that they need to come to a complete stop and make sure there's no oncoming traffic before turning right on a red light. The only time that you can turn right on a red without stopping is if you have a separate green arrow.

The one today was, of course, yammering away on her phone that she was holding to her left ear with her left shoulder, so there's no way that she could even see oncoming traffic from the left.

Also, don't most cars sold today come with Bluetooth? I see people in brand new high end cars (Mercedes, BMW) holding a phone to their ears. Those HAVE to come with Bluetooth, right? If not, a decent Bluetooth earpiece can be had for around $30. So...why not?

Old 09-09-2021, 06:51 PM

52 posts, read 48,338 times
Tailgating, pulling out right in front of you (cutting you off), and the absolute inability of folks to use turn signals!!!

Also, why do so many people drive around with their high beams on???

Old 09-09-2021, 06:53 PM

52 posts, read 48,338 times
A lot of very un-sophisticated people here, is probably why Bluetooth is not popular here.

Old 09-09-2021, 08:44 PM

8,803 posts, read 10,240,080 times
Is anyone else noticing more and more vehicles with way out of expiration date stickers on their plates? I'm not talking months or even 1-2 years, I got behind someone last week with a '12 sticker! I think the color of it was red, but I was shocked as hell to see one that old, the color thing went away like 3-4 years ago so that caught my eye. Now granted maybe sometimes these things fall off but 2012 was almost 10 years ago now. I've also seen as far back as '16 to '14. How some of these people get lucky w/o a cop car getting behind them is beyond me, and yet I've been pulled over for being 3 months behind.

Old 09-15-2021, 05:37 PM

15 posts, read 7,709 times
The quirk that I've noticed in Charlotte is that people love to run redlights. I'm really not sure why.

Old 09-15-2021, 07:15 PM

6,114 posts, read 4,604,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monarkman View Post
Tailgating, pulling out right in front of you (cutting you off), and the absolute inability of folks to use turn signals!!!

Also, why do so many people drive around with their high beams on???
I agree with all of this, the headlight issue especially. The high beams are getting to be more and more of a problem with some of the replacement of halogen lights with poorly angled aftermarket LED lights that are completely inappropriate for a vehicle because they blind oncoming traffic, and even some of the factory lights have gotten bad. And that doesn't seem like an enforcement priority for either ticketing or making them fail a safety inspection.

Old 09-16-2021, 02:07 PM

571 posts, read 547,597 times
As I have posted before, the majority of drivers in the Charlotte area are from other countries or cities. What you see is not typical of "Charlotte' drivers but a cumulation of a broad spectrum of drivers. I am currently working in the western states. I have noticed that out here where five lanes isn't unusual going in one direction. The four right lanes usually have a few drivers only. All the rest are usually driving in the passing lane leaving the lanes for which the should be traversing empty. Tailgating does not occur less frequently than in the Charlotte area. Drivers are no better anywhere. American drivers generally suck no matter where they are. Stop the silly criticizing Charlotte metro drivers just because you don't like the area. Get out and see what it is really like in other places. I am certainly not saying that drivers in the Charlotte area are a delight, as they are not. However. they are just like American drivers everywhere.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte