Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2021, 04:55 PM

252 posts, read 879,555 times

Advertisements

There definitely a learning curve when transitioning from NY driving to NC. I've learned to have more patience and to slow down a little. Allow yourself a few extra minutes to get where you're going and it'll make a difference. However, a lot of the drivers have NY plates...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2021, 06:03 AM

334 posts, read 290,636 times
CMPD refuses to address the problem of automobiles with loud aftermarket "high performance " mufflers. I was told by CMPD that it was up to the inspection stations to enforce the noise ordinance although the noise ordinance puts the addressing of this nuisance directly in the laps of CMPD and Code Enforcement.

Then I was told that CMPD doesn't have the manpower to pursue this problem. I've heard this complaint for four years. If CMPD spare six patrol cars to pursue a young woman making an illegal turn, it has the manpower to address the constant car muffler noise.

Old 11-09-2021, 11:09 AM

571 posts, read 547,597 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTL91 View Post
Especially at night because the way I see it is if your in the fast lane you should be going 20MPH slower than everyone else. At night i will turn my brights on. They will move. That's the Philly coming out in me though. Also, I am quick to lay down on the horn. I don't have time to sit behind someone all day because they are out for a little cruise around town.
Yes, you are not in Philly. Be careful. You are more likely to get shot or beaten around these parts if you are aggressive around the wrong person. Use your head for your own safety. People are more likely to get physically violent and not orally obtuse in these parts if provoked.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte