Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-23-2014, 01:39 PM

401 posts, read 656,663 times

Advertisements

There are quite a bit of Jack in the box's here compared to the everywhere else in North Carolina, In which there aren't any at all while There are 19 jack in the box in Charlotte.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2014, 01:51 PM

109 posts, read 151,771 times
Real art museums would be nice.

Old 10-23-2014, 01:57 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarlofCardigan View Post
Have you been to the Mint Museum or The Bechtler??

Admission and Museum Hours Info for the Bechtler Museum of Modern Art

The Mint Museum | Visit Mint Museum Randolph

Old 10-23-2014, 01:59 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmysmile View Post
I'd like to see a professional MLB baseball team and a china town.
LOL, wouldn't a "China Town" mean that Charlotte had at one point had a history of Chinese coming here?

You can't just invent history like that

Old 10-23-2014, 04:58 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,597,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clevelandguy811 View Post
Like this?

http://www.littleonline.com/uploads/...m-ballpark.jpg

Gateway station is in the cards but the spur that trains would have to take to navigate to this station (where current Greyhound station stands) is owned by a private rail company who's main motivation is not passenger service. So they've been less than helpful getting this plan to fruition. Couple with it that this is also a project where the state is involved so that automatically makes for a longer timeline.
I knew the project was proposed but I don't think it will ever happen. Maybe redoing the current station since rail is already there and its central would be nice. Have a nice skybridge to the adjacent buildings and connect to the rest of them like Wells, BofA, Hilton, and BBT do.

Old 10-23-2014, 05:28 PM

7 posts, read 9,509 times
Why not build the transit station in phases? Scale it back some also. That version seems a little over the top and expensive to me. The Raleigh station is being built in phases. Looks like its working out we. Just a thought.

Old 10-24-2014, 05:47 PM

38 posts, read 45,545 times
There are many new hotels being developed and proposed for the city. It would be nice to see all of them come to life, and Charlotte host the Super Bowl in the newly renovated BOA Stadium in the future.

Old 10-24-2014, 08:00 PM

489 posts, read 910,725 times
Quote:
Nothing wrong with the Mints or Bechtler.

Old 10-25-2014, 06:15 AM

109 posts, read 151,771 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Yes. Have you ever been to the Met, Moma, Whitney, Gugenheim, etc.? If not, see what a real art museum looks like.

Old 10-25-2014, 06:44 AM

3,866 posts, read 4,273,825 times
Quote:
Yes. Have you ever been to the Met, Moma, Whitney, Gugenheim, etc.? If not, see what a real art museum looks like.
Not a museum guy but if Charlotte had museums comparable to those why the hell would I need visit such places to claim a cultural transformation then brag amongst friends to impress my buds and co-workers? Just giving you a hard time but the elitist attitude is a bit overplayed.

I think Charlotte will continue to expand these offerings that reflect city size.

What I'd like to see is a heavy investment in transportation infrastructure (rail and freeway) and smarter growth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte