Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2014, 06:25 PM

369 posts, read 374,904 times

Advertisements

I have seen some complaints about Charlotte not having enough "culture" or even some claiming that there isn't much to do in Charlotte (though I suspect such people come from major metropolitan cities). Personally I think that Charlotte is OK (despite a particular issue or two I have with it...).

So my question is, whether you are a newcomer or not, what would you like to see in Charlotte that presently isn't available?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2014, 06:35 PM

372 posts, read 659,594 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lucas View Post
I have seen some complaints about Charlotte not having enough "culture" or even some claiming that there isn't much to do in Charlotte (though I suspect such people come from major metropolitan cities). Personally I think that Charlotte is OK (despite a particular issue or two I have with it...).

So my question is, whether you are a newcomer or not, what would you like to see in Charlotte that presently isn't available?
An offensive line for the Panthers!!!

Old 10-21-2014, 08:39 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,756,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Lucas View Post

It may not be the kind of "culture" you are talking about, but I would LOVE to see a Whataburger anywhere in NC!! Really really like their hamburgers!

Whataburger - Whataburger | Company | Our Story

Old 10-21-2014, 08:51 PM

7,077 posts, read 12,353,144 times
Better mass transit, more affordable urban real estate, and a MLB team.

Old 10-21-2014, 11:31 PM

529 posts, read 1,204,278 times
I've mentioned this in a similar thread. I wish there were a nice public park that stretches along the banks of the Catawba River.

I spent a few years in Austin TX; that city's parks along "Town Lake" (the Colorado River) are outstanding. It's one of the reasons why I consider Austin to be a wonderful city.

Old 10-22-2014, 04:54 AM

51 posts, read 62,785 times
A light rail system from center city to the airport and developments on the east and west sides

Old 10-22-2014, 05:02 AM

1,456 posts, read 4,145,416 times
I'd like to see some electronic dartboards for plastic-tipped darts (as opposed to cork dartboards for steel-tipped darts). I would prefer that these dartboards be located in a bowling alley in Steele Creek, but I'm not picky - anywhere would do.

Old 10-22-2014, 05:26 AM

1,763 posts, read 3,294,313 times
More parks within walking distance to neighborhoods. Charlotte has some big parks one must drive to, but very few neighborhood parks for families. As for the big parks, Freedom Park is a joke for a major park in a city the size of Charlotte. It's just a neighborhood park with the status of major city park thrust upon it because there is nothing else.

Also better mass transit. And while I am not a UNCC student or employee, the campus really needs a small town-like business district directly adjacent, so students don't have to get in their cars and drive to strip shopping centers - how depressing! They should make a small town with attached buildings just like in Boone or Chapel Hill.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:34 AM

1,055 posts, read 2,128,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
It may not be the kind of "culture" you are talking about, but I would LOVE to see a Whataburger anywhere in NC!! Really really like their hamburgers!

Whataburger - Whataburger | Company | Our Story
I remember many years ago when I had business in Concord, NC I use to eat at Whataburger. So, I googled it and sure enough there are still several of them in Concord. But......they aren't the same ones from the link you posted. The ones here are spelled What-A-Burger. Interesting...

But I agree. When I lived in Houston, TX briefly back in 1988 I use to eat there a LOT! They do have great burgers.

Old 10-22-2014, 09:36 AM

1,863 posts, read 1,654,949 times
White Castle and a real Ramen Noodle shop.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte