Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 12:47 PM

5,874 posts, read 6,940,842 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClevelandMike View Post
Excuses, excuses, excuses, aren't you all sick of it? Players make millions to play like professionals not paid to act like babies and we need a management & coaching staff with brass nutz. November is a great time to Fire some people!!! I'm out.
Getting rid of Steve Smith, Brandon LaFell, etc has proved to be a disastrous decision. Not having an o-line to protect him and receivers to throw to makes it tough on Cam. He is not helping the situation by over-throwing his receivers.

I agree with the comments to sit him until he is 100%. His lack of scrambling ability was evident last night.

Old 11-11-2014, 12:54 PM

529 posts, read 1,202,705 times
I agree with CMike!

Not sure why Panthers is playing Newton when he's hurt. Without mobility, Cam is an average QB at best. I had scoffed at the notion that team management was trying to sabotage Cam during his contract year, but lately I've been wondering . . .

Hey Mike - Are you a Browns fan? They're doing great!

Old 11-11-2014, 01:09 PM

370 posts, read 543,519 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wevie View Post
I'm not sold on the fact that Cam has what it takes to be a winner in the NFL. His pocket awareness and accuracy have been awful this year.

The biggest thing that annoys me about him is what he is doing when not on the field. Watch the greats. Manning, Brady, Rodgers, Brees, and even Luck. They are sitting with the coaches studying the defense and talking through things.

Cam is sitting on the bench with that damn towel on his head most of the time. This guy is not a leader and never will be.
This is a bad argument. Cam may not be those guys. They are the elite of the elite. If more of them existed, every team in the league would have one. But Cam is in a pod of QB's right beneath them. You let him walk, at his age, and we will regret it forever. Elite QB's don't grow on trees. Heck, even GOOD ones don't. Look at Buffalo, or Houston, or the Jets, or Jacksonville. Searching for years and years of mediocrity, putting new QB's in to see if they work. It doesn't matter what weapons they have, if their QB sucks, it won't happen.

Give Cam protection and weapons. He is our franchise QB. We are not going to sign a Brady or Manning in FA. It's why you never see a team let go of a franchise QB. It'll send us into purgatory.

Old 11-11-2014, 01:11 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,516,308 times
When your GM comes in and cuts the heart and soul of your team. This is how your season goes

Old 11-11-2014, 02:31 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
when your GM was never a GM before... you don't stand a chance

Old 11-11-2014, 04:00 PM

2,047 posts, read 2,516,308 times
The shame is. The team they have is pretty good. Only missing one big part. A number 1 big play WR. I wonder every week how good they could be. If they still had Smith. Cam a year older,nice running game,and very good defense. With some decent WR's to contribute. Almost forgot Olson is not too shabby either. Another waisted year!

Old 11-11-2014, 04:29 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
The offense has several guys to build around.

Kelvin Benjamin
Greg Olson
Ryan Kalil
Cam Newton

Jstew and Denangelo make 15Million combined. You guys need to address/think about salary cap issues. Hopefully these guys will be cut next year and the team can draft a RB. Solidify the line through the draft.

Losing Kraken was tough. The D has zero pass rush. The offense wasn't great last year, but had the benefit of a very good defense. The D stinks this year and the O was never intended to be a scoring machine.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:11 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
The shame is. The team they have is pretty good. Only missing one big part. A number 1 big play WR. I wonder every week how good they could be. If they still had Smith. Cam a year older,nice running game,and very good defense. With some decent WR's to contribute. Almost forgot Olson is not too shabby either. Another waisted year!
No.... they don't have a good team.

The OL lost Gross and has 2 undrafted offensive tackles. That is a crime.

Hardy is out and the DB's are new and slow.

RB's are never healthy and are killing the cap

WR core is big but slow

They won't win anything until the address the OL and clean up the cap room.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:43 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atowwn View Post
Smith is not a #1 big play WR. He only has 140 yards total in the last 4 games and only has 2 TD's other than the 2 he had against the Panthers.

Maybe not so much yesterday but the biggest problem is the defense. Last year they were like 1st or 2nd in nearly every category and this year they're like worst or 2nd worst.

Old 11-11-2014, 05:56 PM

1,051 posts, read 1,597,261 times
I think the thing that Smith brought was drawing coverage. When you have to account with a DB and usually a safety over the top because of Smith you start getting the big guys 1 on 1 with a LB, slot CB and they can take advantage of the coverage. Also the running game not being solid is hurting. You don't have to respect the run because you know you don't need 8 in the box to stop it. The injuries have killed the OLine and Def. I am not sure of the answer because there is a ton of money tied up in 4-5 players. As a Dolphin fan I know the pain, trust me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte