Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-11-2014, 06:30 PM

2,221 posts, read 4,394,601 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
The offense has several guys to build around.

Kelvin Benjamin
Greg Olson
Ryan Kalil
Cam Newton

Jstew and Denangelo make 15Million combined. You guys need to address/think about salary cap issues. Hopefully these guys will be cut next year and the team can draft a RB. Solidify the line through the draft.

Losing Kraken was tough. The D has zero pass rush. The offense wasn't great last year, but had the benefit of a very good defense. The D stinks this year and the O was never intended to be a scoring machine.
'Several guys to build around' = 4 players....not in my book...2 of those players will be 30 years old. Looks like a slow decline to me, don't see any upside.. Especially with salary cap they will be letting go players to pay others like they did last year
If Panthers pay Cam they will be in same boat as Bengals and Dalton. He has terrible mechanics, can't hit a moving target, they actually set plays for WR to stop. He has no touch and DEF realize he can react to 2nd or 3rd receiver option. I'd take Hoyer over him any day and I will bet that Hoyer signs for bigger money at end of year.

Last edited by ZnGuy; 11-11-2014 at 06:41 PM..

Old 11-11-2014, 07:37 PM

847 posts, read 1,352,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosHogan View Post
This is a bad argument. Cam may not be those guys. They are the elite of the elite. If more of them existed, every team in the league would have one. But Cam is in a pod of QB's right beneath them. You let him walk, at his age, and we will regret it forever. Elite QB's don't grow on trees. Heck, even GOOD ones don't. Look at Buffalo, or Houston, or the Jets, or Jacksonville. Searching for years and years of mediocrity, putting new QB's in to see if they work. It doesn't matter what weapons they have, if their QB sucks, it won't happen.

Give Cam protection and weapons. He is our franchise QB. We are not going to sign a Brady or Manning in FA. It's why you never see a team let go of a franchise QB. It'll send us into purgatory.

My point is when the chips are down (or up for that matter, he is sitting with a towel on his head, not being a leader that the person playing QB should be. I'm not saying they should send him packing but he needs to step up and become the leader the team needs.

TRUST ME! I know how hard it is to find a franchise QB. I'm a Dolphins fan!

Old 11-11-2014, 07:39 PM

3,868 posts, read 4,281,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZnGuy View Post
'Several guys to build around' = 4 players....not in my book...2 of those players will be 30 years old. Looks like a slow decline to me, don't see any upside.. Especially with salary cap they will be letting go players to pay others like they did last year
If Panthers pay Cam they will be in same boat as Bengals and Dalton. He has terrible mechanics, can't hit a moving target, they actually set plays for WR to stop. He has no touch and DEF realize he can react to 2nd or 3rd receiver option. I'd take Hoyer over him any day and I will bet that Hoyer signs for bigger money at end of year.
It's the NFL and in the age of free agency, very few teams have the staying power of the New England Patriots primarily due to Tom Brady.

Cam is hurt, and the downward slide started after the twisted ankle incident with the Bengals. Recall, all of the RBs were hurt during that time and he attempted to carry the load, can't do that in the NFL as a QB. He was sharp for a few games but hasn't really gelled with new receiver corps and the injury seems to have magnified inaccuracy. Cam throws a solid ball when healthy and given time.

Letting him go is a mistake and would be knee jerk...the run support is pitiful and play calling suspect. Still have a wtf moment on the 4th and 1 call when the Panthers had a chance to make it a game.

Old 11-11-2014, 08:27 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,702,154 times
I'm not a football fan but had the beginning & end of the game on to see how ESPN did the location shots. They were outstanding.

The announcers were discussing that the running quarterbacks always seem to be injured & speculated that they won't last until 30. they were talking about the Philly coach a lot & had little to say about the Charlotte coach. As someone who almost never puts a football game on, that said something to me.

Old 11-11-2014, 09:26 PM

527 posts, read 920,163 times
my first post after 14 months (i got off topic warning talking about panthers )!!

Panthers give a lot folks 'almost' heart attack.

true fans stick around and wait for the day!!

Old 11-11-2014, 10:46 PM

1,259 posts, read 1,585,787 times
First off, this team is still in cap hell because of Hurney. 2nd gettlemen gets blame for not addressing the offensive line. anyone thats been here a while knows I'm no Cam supporter, but he is getting a raw deal. nobody could play behind that line. what a mess

Old 11-12-2014, 06:10 AM

821 posts, read 1,855,758 times
There are so many reasons and not excuses the team blows, as it were. Gettleman gets some of the credit. The offensive line gets some credit (9 sacks - REALLY!) Cam' s decisions (and reduced mobility, IMHO), play calls. I could go on. I watched to the bitter end. Morbid curiosity as to how bad the final score would be. The two touchdowns late in the game was an anonymity, since the team showed nothing before they had worn down Green Bay's defense chasing and catching Cam so many times <sarcasm>.

Eighty-seven million bucks so opponents fans can get to the upper decks easier and get a better view of the disasters on larger screens. Was there not a clause in OUR contract for performance based results or we get a refund? Good grief!

Old 11-12-2014, 10:25 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,185,932 times
The capper for me on Monday night's game is how the Jets must feel about releasing Sanchez and having to sign the Dog Whisperer as a backup QB. There was nothing wrong with Sanchez after he healed from the stupid injury that he got in the 4th quarter of a pre-season game. Shouldn't have released himl.

Old 11-13-2014, 04:43 PM

5,162 posts, read 7,367,806 times
They had a good season last year and were playoff contenders. Now they have lost their momentum. Replacing Steve Smith and the other changes were a mistake. They should have left things alone and built upon the success of last season. Now they are falling backwards.

Old 11-13-2014, 05:41 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,733,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
The capper for me on Monday night's game is how the Jets must feel about releasing Sanchez and having to sign the Dog Whisperer as a backup QB. There was nothing wrong with Sanchez after he healed from the stupid injury that he got in the 4th quarter of a pre-season game. Shouldn't have released himl.
There was no way Sanchez was going to stay and be a backup/dead money for the Jets....that would've been impossible and financially irresponsible.

NY got tired of his lousy peformance. However, Rex IMO should've been let go also...now you have another year and look....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte