Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2014, 06:28 AM

136 posts, read 106,237 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post

There's nothing wrong with this team that getting rid of everyone in the offices wouldn't fix. We need an offensive minded coach in this style of football that we have now.
But last year, Panther fans were paying homage to "Riverboat Ron". So last year Rivera was brilliant, and in the span of 9 months, he all of a sudden he lost his coaching ability? C'mon Man

Old 12-04-2014, 07:40 PM

373 posts, read 778,343 times
The problem is not Coach Rivera.
Matter of fact, I would say he has over achieved with the lack of talent, injuries, players retiring, change in GM's, and the rest.

Remember, he took over a team that was 2-14, had aging veterans, cap space issues, and had a rookie Quarter Back.
He improved in wins every year his first three years and won a Division Title, Coach of the Year award, and a play-off birth.
The guy is only human. There are only so may miracles you can work for so long.
At some point you simply have to have the players, the coordinators, and the GM all on the same page.
At some point you just have to have what you need, or it will never work out.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:29 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood View Post
The offense didn't "stink" last year. The offense stinks THIS year. According to pro football reference, they were the #18 offense last year, same as 2012. So they weren't great, but they weren't horrible. The problem is Mike Shula. The team was the #5 offense in Cam's rookie year when Chudzinski was the OC. The second he stepped out the door is when the offense began sliding. This year they're 27th in offense.
yep... the problem is Shula refuses to open the offense up. He is acting like he still has a #1 D to rely on.

However, I can only fault Shula so much because he has no speed at WR, no Gross, RB's who are always hurt, a gimpy Cam Newton half the year and 2 tackles who are HORRIBLE.

It's a rebuilding year and you can blame the last GM and Richardson for the mess on the field.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutark Evansby View Post
But last year, Panther fans were paying homage to "Riverboat Ron". So last year Rivera was brilliant, and in the span of 9 months, he all of a sudden he lost his coaching ability? C'mon Man
he also lost Steve Smith, LaFell, Ted Ginn, Gross, Mitchell, Hardy, Munnerliyn, Godfrey, Tolbert,

and of course Stewart and Williams always miss a few games each year.

Old 12-05-2014, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
yep... the problem is Shula refuses to open the offense up. He is acting like he still has a #1 D to rely on.

However, I can only fault Shula so much because he has no speed at WR, no Gross, RB's who are always hurt, a gimpy Cam Newton half the year and 2 tackles who are HORRIBLE.

It's a rebuilding year and you can blame the last GM and Richardson for the mess on the field.
Here is the point i dont understand....what makes Newton somewhat effective, as in the past, was the ability to run. Now if we all agree that he is gimpy, and without the ability to run effectively, his game takes a severe hit. Why not use Anderson? Unless you think a gimpy Newton is better than a healthy Anderson

Old 12-05-2014, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutark Evansby View Post
Here is the point i dont understand....what makes Newton somewhat effective, as in the past, was the ability to run. Now if we all agree that he is gimpy, and without the ability to run effectively, his game takes a severe hit. Why not use Anderson? Unless you think a gimpy Newton is better than a healthy Anderson

This year Cam started out with a bad wheel and the D is trash. I think DA could have started a game or 2 after Cam came back and it was obvious he was still gimpy but how many other franchise QB's sit out just because they are off their game?

Old 12-05-2014, 01:19 PM

Quote:
This year Cam started out with a bad wheel and the D is trash. I think DA could have started a game or 2 after Cam came back and it was obvious he was still gimpy but how many other franchise QB's sit out just because they are off their game?
no, dont you dare put Cam on the level of other "franchise" QB's like Brady, Brees, Manning, Rodgers, he is not even on the level of a Romo, Stafford, Dalton, Flacco, Roethlisberger, Rivers , E Manning, Cutler, Ryan, strictly for the finances. Cam is essentially a bigger, stronger RG3....great athlete, not to accurate....RG3 was Washingtons "franchise" QB, and they sat his butt down

Old 12-05-2014, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Felt, it just hit me....you are a Newton apologist....here is how it works.....last year, 12-4 "Cam Newton is a up and coming star that has led this team to a great season"....if they win 4 games this year, it wont be Newtons fault, it will be everything else BUT Newton (injuries, defense, receivers, coaching)....lol, i love you guys

Old 12-05-2014, 04:44 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Bottom line their offense was bad last year just like this year. The difference is you had an awesome front 7 last year. This year the defense ain't great which is exposing the bad offense even more.

Old 12-05-2014, 06:33 PM

3,051 posts, read 3,438,061 times
The Panthers stated Newton too soon. You do not get over rib injuries in 2 weeks. Cam or any other QB can not pass with bruise rubs. Our offense won a lot of games last year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte