Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2014, 09:09 PM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plutark Evansby View Post
Phils, this whole conversation is ridiculous a this point....P Manning and Brady are alltime GREATS. Newton is an average QB. So talking about Newton in the same sentence as either of those 2 is foolish.
Those guys were only brought up most recently in reference to the celebrating/complaining argument. I didn't realize you were only allowed to celebrate if you were an all-time great. Thanks for clarifying.

Old 12-07-2014, 09:56 PM

136 posts, read 106,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GoPhils View Post
Those guys were only brought up most recently in reference to the celebrating/complaining argument. I didn't realize you were only allowed to celebrate if you were an all-time great. Thanks for clarifying.
YOU brought up Brady....Manning never celebrates. Brady doesnt do some prescripted BS celebration, he will high 5 and helmet bump. The "Superman" crap is cocky, arrogant and is a "look at me" type of celebration as opposed to the team. Then again, that is Newtons attitude. More about his "brand" then his team

Old 12-07-2014, 10:17 PM

This is even better. I just saw the replay of what set off the fight in the Car-NO game. I thought he just did the "pose" to set the Saints off. Newton actually taunted Jordan, then did the pose....i will stick with my original assessment. A self centered PUNK. You have a 3-8-1 record coming into this game and you have the gall to taunt someone....what an idiot

Old 12-07-2014, 11:28 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,638,570 times
Quote:
This is even better. I just saw the replay of what set off the fight in the Car-NO game. I thought he just did the "pose" to set the Saints off. Newton actually taunted Jordan, then did the pose....i will stick with my original assessment. A self centered PUNK. You have a 3-8-1 record coming into this game and you have the gall to taunt someone....what an idiot

Saints fan? You sure are angry... lol

Old 12-07-2014, 11:59 PM

372 posts, read 722,943 times
Quote:
Actually more like a cheap shot from Lofton coming up from behind him and pushing him. Lofton set the rest in motion. Lofton should have been tossed right then and there.

Old 12-08-2014, 04:40 AM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
Hi, if this thread continues discussing anything not related to the Panthers this thread will be closed. Just like all previous years when the topic drifts to nothing about the Charlotte team. There is a forum on city data to discuss who greatest quarterback etc. This is not that forum.

Old 12-08-2014, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
Saints fan? You sure are angry... lol
Nope Felt, not a Saints fan....I just dont like PUNKS

Old 12-08-2014, 06:01 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,335,027 times
Quote:
YOU brought up Brady....Manning never celebrates. Brady doesnt do some prescripted BS celebration, he will high 5 and helmet bump. The "Superman" crap is cocky, arrogant and is a "look at me" type of celebration as opposed to the team. Then again, that is Newtons attitude. More about his "brand" then his team
You're right...you brought up Manning. And then proceeded to call your own argument ridiculous, LOL.

Google "Tom Brady first down celebration" and you will see he does more than just high 5 and helmet bump.

Sure, Newton cares about his own brand, he's trying to make a living, but he celebrates when he does something good because it is helping the team. Again, Brady is another guy that cares about his own "brand":

Old 12-08-2014, 06:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneuvakind View Post
Actually more like a cheap shot from Lofton coming up from behind him and pushing him. Lofton set the rest in motion. Lofton should have been tossed right then and there.
Be objective....Lofton came up to Newton AFTER Newton scored and said something to Jordan, then proceeded to stage his "pose". Lofton jumped in and tried to stop him. The name of this thread is why it is embarrassing to watch the panthers.....look at #1, there is your answer

Last edited by Plutark Evansby; 12-08-2014 at 06:21 AM..

Old 12-08-2014, 06:11 AM

343 posts, read 600,650 times
I love curb stomping the Saints!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte