Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2008, 08:03 PM

121 posts, read 382,754 times

Advertisements

Hey, has anyone seen any regional Buffalo foods in Charlotte grocery stores? I know there are A TON of WNY'ers living in Charlotte but I haven't ventured in to see the foods that I miss soooooo much.

I live about an hour outside of charlotte and around these parts I've seen Sorrento cheese stuff at Harris Teeter and Friendship Cottage Cheese (allegany county I think) and sour cream at the Fresh Market.....also cider (cold cider, not the warm mulling kind they drink around here) from some apple farm near Rochester is sold at the Fresh Market........

Anyone see anything else? I'd really like some Bison Chip Dip, Perry's Ice Cream, and Sahlen's!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2008, 04:26 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,894,400 times
I believe I saw some Buffalo wings at Chilis last week. LOL.

Old 09-10-2008, 04:38 PM

78 posts, read 125,328 times
Perhaps someone here needs to capitalize on all us Northerners living in the Charlotte area...........a Yankee Grocery

What I'd give for some Moxie and Shipyard!

Old 09-10-2008, 09:32 PM

928 posts, read 3,851,465 times
I keep my Sahlens fix going in my freezer. Any time someone comes to visit me I tell them to bring hot dogs. Now, I used to get Sahlens Ham at walmart then they replaced that with some 'store brand' ham. I see Sorrento Cheese at Walmart and Sealtest Milk at Lowes.

I went to NY a few weeks ago and brought back 20lbs of Sahlens hot dogs, they were heavy to haul and it's blistering heat outside. Now, on the flip side security confinscated my Webbers Mustard. They claimed it was an unauthorized liquid. What ever. We also have the hot dog sauce packets, i cannot think of the brand name right now.

Good LUck - also webkins corporate office is based in Cheektowaga. Just a tid bit!

Old 09-12-2008, 02:10 PM

121 posts, read 382,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNYgirl View Post
I keep my Sahlens fix going in my freezer. Any time someone comes to visit me I tell them to bring hot dogs. Now, I used to get Sahlens Ham at walmart then they replaced that with some 'store brand' ham. I see Sorrento Cheese at Walmart and Sealtest Milk at Lowes.

I went to NY a few weeks ago and brought back 20lbs of Sahlens hot dogs, they were heavy to haul and it's blistering heat outside. Now, on the flip side security confinscated my Webbers Mustard. They claimed it was an unauthorized liquid. What ever. We also have the hot dog sauce packets, i cannot think of the brand name right now.

Good LUck - also webkins corporate office is based in Cheektowaga. Just a tid bit!

quick question.....how do you bring the hot dogs back? like frozen in a cooler? do they last?

Old 09-26-2008, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by iloveupstateny View Post
quick question.....how do you bring the hot dogs back? like frozen in a cooler? do they last?
My butcher wrapped them tightly and I put them in a cooler. I flew from Buffalo to Charlotte so there was no damage in the 90ish minute flight.
I carried them on. Security did confinscate my Webber's Mustard because I didn't place it in my checked luggage.

Old 09-26-2008, 09:06 AM

6 posts, read 16,378 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_in_NC View Post
Perhaps someone here needs to capitalize on all us Northerners living in the Charlotte area...........a Yankee Grocery

What I'd give for some Moxie and Shipyard!
Hey Dave, are you talking about Shipyard beer? If so, they have it at Total Wine around here. I enjoyed a few Pumpkinheads last night!

Old 09-26-2008, 09:18 AM

2,115 posts, read 7,085,294 times
I mail order Chiavetta's. Still amazes me that they have a website but no online ordering capability. They don't accept cc!

Worth the effort though.

Sara

Old 09-26-2008, 09:22 AM

2,115 posts, read 7,085,294 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XNYgirl View Post
My butcher wrapped them tightly and I put them in a cooler. I flew from Buffalo to Charlotte so there was no damage in the 90ish minute flight.
I carried them on. Security did confinscate my Webber's Mustard because I didn't place it in my checked luggage.
Funny visual of your mustard being confiscated. Heck, funny visual of you in flight with a cooler stuffed with hot dogs.

As long as I can find Sabrett locally, I'm cool. When forced, I settle on Nathan's.

Sara

Old 09-26-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saralee View Post
Funny visual of your mustard being confiscated. Heck, funny visual of you in flight with a cooler stuffed with hot dogs.

As long as I can find Sabrett locally, I'm cool. When forced, I settle on Nathan's.

Sara
Well, it was an awful flight it was at 5am and typcial buffalo weather with rain and cold air. It was awful, this chick kept pushing my stuff when i went through security and i had to keep up wiht my 7 year old.

It was great fun hauling 20lbs of hot dogs and 5lbs of Italian sausage while my child threw up all the way from Buffalo - Through charlotte. What an ordeal. The guys who do the TSA said they see atleast 100lbs of hot dogs being exported to Charlotte daily. I loved Chef's Sauce when we first moved and we had it shipped. We also do Ko-Ed sponge candy YUM....

Another passenger said her babies sneakers were confinscated because they violated security she was so upset. She bought the sneakers the day before. So, when in doubt fly in Crocs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
View detailed profiles of: