Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2012, 11:29 AM

14,688 posts, read 26,624,575 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles34 View Post
Could not be more excited about Portofino going into the Arboretum!!!! What part of ceviche is not a Mexican dish?
Ceviche is more of a Central and South American dish. Rick Bayles is a chef who knows quite a bit about Mexican cooking and says in his book that it is not native to Mexico. That is why I said it's not really a Mexican dish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 09:05 PM

82 posts, read 235,190 times
Ryan's by Concord Mills closed sometime this past week. I'll really miss their breakfast buffets on the weekends.

Old 01-23-2012, 07:42 AM

2 posts, read 3,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macgucci View Post
Ryan's by Concord Mills closed sometime this past week. I'll really miss their breakfast buffets on the weekends.
They closed the locations in Concord and Gastonia. More info from WSOC: Parent company of Ryan's to close 81 'poorly performing' locations - News Story - WSOC Charlotte

Old 01-25-2012, 11:25 AM

99 posts, read 157,525 times
el quincho matthews is gone e john street,never tried them. new sign fiesta jalisco coming soon. i think this is the third or fourth new restaurant in that space since i've moved here not to long ago it seems. i also notice don pedro on independence is gone but also changed over to this same mexican named restaurant fiesta jalisco. anyone try? could this be the restaurant for that space that is the breaking point for that spot in matthews?

Old 01-25-2012, 12:17 PM

181 posts, read 353,789 times
Don Pedro was good. I also noticed the name change to fiesta jalisco and was curious if it was the same people.

The marathon gas station on Sharon Amity/Independence is now closed. The Furniture Liquidators next door also finally closed. They moved into the old home economist down at Idlewild. I guess that building will be spared.

Not sure if they have all the "going out of business" banners up yet!

Old 01-25-2012, 12:57 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,236,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC72 View Post
Don Pedro was good. I also noticed the name change to fiesta jalisco and was curious if it was the same people.

The marathon gas station on Sharon Amity/Independence is now closed. The Furniture Liquidators next door also finally closed. They moved into the old home economist down at Idlewild. I guess that building will be spared.

Not sure if they have all the "going out of business" banners up yet!
It's more like the Marathon Furniture Liquidators. They've been going out of business forever, it seems.

I didn't know the Healthy Home Market closed. I've been to the new one in the Galleria, but they're smaller and don't carry some of the teas I like.

Old 01-25-2012, 03:37 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,185,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
It's more like the Marathon Furniture Liquidators. They've been going out of business forever, it seems.

I didn't know the Healthy Home Market closed. I've been to the new one in the Galleria, but they're smaller and don't carry some of the teas I like.
I thought the Furniture Liquidators moved into the old Pet Supermarket slot in the same strip. But I was going by at 60, so I could be mistaken

Old 01-25-2012, 03:58 PM

181 posts, read 353,789 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
I thought the Furniture Liquidators moved into the old Pet Supermarket slot in the same strip. But I was going by at 60, so I could be mistaken
It is the old Pet Supermarket.

And slow down, it's 45mph through that area.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:55 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,236,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC72 View Post
It is the old Pet Supermarket.

And slow down, it's 45mph through that area.
Well there's another business I didn't was gone. I dont' get through there like I sued to, especially since the new HHM is right up the street from me now.

Do the police still have their eye-in-the-sky by the old McDonalds location? I saw it there at least half the time when I went through that intersection. With all these businesses closing, I wonder where the lurkers will go.

Old 01-25-2012, 07:35 PM

1,513 posts, read 3,362,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ro z 5 View Post
el quincho matthews is gone e john street,never tried them. new sign fiesta jalisco coming soon. i think this is the third or fourth new restaurant in that space since i've moved here not to long ago it seems. i also notice don pedro on independence is gone but also changed over to this same mexican named restaurant fiesta jalisco. anyone try? could this be the restaurant for that space that is the breaking point for that spot in matthews?
El Quincho was my friend's sister-in-law's restaurant. Location, location, location! is the reason she thinks it did not do well. It just did not get enough foot traffic. The food itself was tasty, and the service good as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte