Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-28-2012, 04:34 PM

8,402 posts, read 24,253,414 times

Advertisements

From the department of redundancy department...

Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
...frequent often.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-28-2012, 05:23 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,773,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vmaxnc View Post
From the department of redundancy department...

Hey! I just woke up.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:03 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,189,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GCharlotte View Post
The only local store left is in Birkdale Village. It's not really the same company as the original Ritz was liquidated in bankruptcy earlier this year. A few stores and the website are all that's left.
The Arboretum store has apparently been re-opened by Cardinal Camera from Pennsylvania.

Old 12-28-2012, 11:54 PM

5,150 posts, read 7,773,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
The Arboretum store has apparently been re-opened by Cardinal Camera from Pennsylvania.
That's great. I read that they took over 11 stores but didn't know any of them were local. Good luck to them. I would think it is a tough market to be in bricks and mortar.

Old 12-30-2012, 12:04 PM

17 posts, read 25,675 times
Yes, a lot of business have suffered lately due to the downturn in the economy. I have a window treatment company called Window Perfection in Huntersville that has really seen a shift compared to the previous years of the housing boom. Luckily if a business starts small and has enough capital they can stick with it till the tide turns. I have noticed that things are beginning to slowly get better. The housing market is coming back up and more businesses will once again start to prosper again. When we moved to Huntersville 9yrs ago there were practically no restaurants and no nearby mall. We have a lot of good chain restaurants, but hopefully we will start to see more small mom and pop restaurants come in. I look forward to that!

Old 01-01-2013, 07:04 PM

1,031 posts, read 2,429,142 times
Quaker Steak and Lube in Pineville is shuttered. I don't think that they made it a full year?

Old 01-01-2013, 09:52 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,189,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlat View Post
Quaker Steak and Lube in Pineville is shuttered. I don't think that they made it a full year?

Another "cursed" restaurant location. Did they even make it six months? The reviews on Yelp are scary.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:49 AM

461 posts, read 986,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ex-LI View Post
Another "cursed" restaurant location. Did they even make it six months? The reviews on Yelp are scary.
Nope. June 6th was the opening from what I see. The one time I went, the server was great, place was dead except for an obnoxious mid-50s woman who wouldn't get off her speakerphone.

Old 01-02-2013, 09:30 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,429,142 times
A friend of mine was a bartender there, she said that they were pretty much DOA. She left a job at Hickory Tavern to go there, because they offered some better hours and $$, but neither came to pass. She's moved up to the Lube at Concord Mills, way more traffic and better mgt (per her).

Old 01-02-2013, 06:02 PM

348 posts, read 847,670 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Ryan View Post
Did I miss the closing of Wolf / Ritz Camera? I went by yesterday to the one on Ballantyne Commons Pkwy to make some prints and the tanning salon took over. I see they still have 18 locations nationwide, but the only one in our area is in Birkdale.

I guess they have been run out by websites like Shutterfly
WOW that place sure didn't last long. There was a Blockbuster Video store in that spot for years and years and then all of a sudden POOF it was Wolf Camera, and now POOF Wolf Camera is gone!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte