Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 05:30 PM

364 posts, read 1,167,834 times

Advertisements

Fieldstone Farm is a Centex neighborhood very close to Matthews (Exit 47). It is new, so I guess in theory they could stop building here too, but new houses are going up every day. We are very happy with our selection and the price point is good too!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2009, 05:20 PM

37 posts, read 105,846 times
Just wanted to say thank you to everyone for all the feedback on this community nad area. We are def not going to be purchasing in here. Back to the drawing board! If anyone has any developments they can recommend in the south charlotte area or union county in the price range of 150-200 that would be great.

Old 01-25-2009, 01:47 PM

2 posts, read 5,447 times
Sorry this might be late, but the neighborhood is coming along very nicely. There is a lot of wooded area surrounding it, its quiet and the neighbors are friendly. I very rarely hear the train horn as mentioned above. They are building a new hospital, new high school (mint hill), and retail development near by(Shops at Beaver Creek/Falls). With the new high school opening in 2010, this could change the school assignment. There was a shooting at a car shop in spring 2008, a bad business deal. Being new to charlotte, it seems as though you can’t escape it any where you go. I enjoy the neighborhood and am happy with my purchase at Woodbury.

Old 01-31-2009, 11:50 AM

1 posts, read 3,655 times
I just started the process of building a home there too and now Im very nervous. What should I do?

Old 09-11-2009, 06:57 PM

2 posts, read 6,561 times
Default Woodbury

Just want to say that I have lived in Woodbury for almost a year now. It's a nice, quiet neighborhood. I have never heard the train or it's horn. The neighbors are friendly, lots of families, both established and new. I feel very safe here. They are building a new hospital on the other side of 485, there is a new Super Walmart down the road towards Midland, minutes to down town Mint Hill and just a 15 minute drive to Concord Mills Mall. Even the best neighborhoods in Charlotte have crime.

Old 09-13-2009, 06:03 PM

148 posts, read 574,224 times
We've lived in Woodbury for 2 months and as of yet, I have not heard the train. I love this neighborhood, and like the previous poster stated, pretty much every family I come in contact with has been very friendly and helpful.

Old 10-12-2009, 09:48 AM

3 posts, read 5,868 times
Buy into an existing neighborhood like Bradfield Farms instead. You get mature, treed property and a vibrant community Home Owners Assoc., 2 pools, joggin trails, tennis courts, etc. & long time owners. A 'new' neighborhood like Woodbury is full of cheap Centex houses that will fall a part.

Old 12-14-2009, 06:10 PM

2 posts, read 6,561 times
Ummm, I just read online on the community web site that most of Bradfield Farms was built by Centex. Way to know your neighborhood, murph.

Old 02-13-2010, 09:48 AM

6 posts, read 15,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixfoot7man View Post
I just started the process of building a home there too and now Im very nervous. What should I do?
Ruuuuuun lol just kidding. My wife and I purchased a home there and are to move in June 2010. We have heard "bad" things about MANY neighborhoods, but Woodbury is like any typical decent neighborhood. It's not perfect, but NONE is.

My parents' live in a neighorhood in Lake Norman with houses $250,000 and over, and had 5 home break-ins in a 3 month span! It happens everywhere. Just pray for God to lead you, but know that no community is without issues. I agree with what others read below because I have done the crime reports and driven through the area day and night and weekdays and weekends.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:43 PM

5 posts, read 11,390 times
Default Woodbury

Hello everyone,

New to the board. I was reading all the replies about Woodbury and my husband and I are closing in a few months. We were both really excited until they had a major price reduction on the floorplans of $10,000. Yes more building has come out of this however it has lowered the overall value of the community right? Our plan that was originally 135k base is now $124k. Also, the new school will not be Rocky River, but they will be moving Independence students to the new school according to CMS Pupil Assignment. This was another reason we decided to move here. Can I get some opinions about this?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte