Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-30-2011, 07:37 AM

1 posts, read 1,552 times

Advertisements

My husband and I bought a home in Centex back in August of 2009. Never once heard a train...homes are being built right and left...and Pulte homes as bought out Centex and are building extremely gorgeous homes at afforadble prices...with crown molding...wood working...garage door openers...etc. We didn't get the options of these when we bought our house...but excited to see so many homes going up. As of now there are 12 homes being built at entrance of neighborhood. Woodbury is so family orientend. Always having community garage sales in the summer. Always something going on for the kids at the community house. Pool is fantastic. Great side walks for walking pets. We love it and our in laws are looking into purchasing a home in Woodbury soon!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-24-2015, 10:59 AM

4,692 posts, read 9,299,122 times
I am also considering buying new construction in this area. And updated as far as the livability, safety, etc. would be appreciated.

Old 03-25-2015, 12:32 PM

653 posts, read 781,365 times
I strongly considered purchasing my new home in Woodbury, but being a recent transplant to Charlotte, I started doing some research on the area and specially the school assignments and I decided to go with Fieldstone Farm in Indian Trail, which is also a Centex community. The schools that are assigned to Woodbury are NOT Mint Hill schools!! I went as far as visiting the CMS office on Tyvola Rd. to ask questions since I have 2 young girls who will be starting school in the next few years and I did not want to move after 2-3 years of purchasing the house because the schools were not good. The price point is very good, a lot cheaper than Fieldstone Farm, but I feel like property prices are driven mostly by the schools and it's easy to see the difference in price between Woodbury and Fieldstone Farm. FF is more expensive, but the schools are very good!! Also, I drove around the Albemarle Rd area and I personally felt like it was a little sketchy...... Just my personal opinion. FF is further from I485 in Indian Trail, but I am willing to trade the proximity to I485 for good schools.

Old 03-25-2015, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeros318 View Post
I strongly considered purchasing my new home in Woodbury, but being a recent transplant to Charlotte, I started doing some research on the area and specially the school assignments and I decided to go with Fieldstone Farm in Indian Trail, which is also a Centex community. The schools that are assigned to Woodbury are NOT Mint Hill schools!! I went as far as visiting the CMS office on Tyvola Rd. to ask questions since I have 2 young girls who will be starting school in the next few years and I did not want to move after 2-3 years of purchasing the house because the schools were not good. The price point is very good, a lot cheaper than Fieldstone Farm, but I feel like property prices are driven mostly by the schools and it's easy to see the difference in price between Woodbury and Fieldstone Farm. FF is more expensive, but the schools are very good!! Also, I drove around the Albemarle Rd area and I personally felt like it was a little sketchy...... Just my personal opinion. FF is further from I485 in Indian Trail, but I am willing to trade the proximity to I485 for good schools.
Me and my wife don't have kids but my wife works in education so I do understand. I grew up in Charlotte so I'm familiar with the Albermarle area. The funny thing is the closer to I-485 you get the better the area is. I completely understand your reasoning and I don't blame you for your decision. I just don't know if my price point is similar to yours so I don't know of I could afford Fieldstone Farm. I will be out soon to visit the area. Who knows, I may be your neighbor.

Old 03-26-2015, 05:52 AM

343 posts, read 600,650 times
I have family that have lived in Woodbury for 6 years and they have never had an issue. Every time I have been there everyone is so friendly. Albemarle Rd. is fine until you cross over W.T. Harris. Even there it's not that big a deal. I lived in Mint Hill off Lawyers Rd. for 5 years and never had any issues or felt unsafe.

Old 03-26-2015, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adavi215 View Post
Me and my wife don't have kids but my wife works in education so I do understand. I grew up in Charlotte so I'm familiar with the Albermarle area. The funny thing is the closer to I-485 you get the better the area is. I completely understand your reasoning and I don't blame you for your decision. I just don't know if my price point is similar to yours so I don't know of I could afford Fieldstone Farm. I will be out soon to visit the area. Who knows, I may be your neighbor.
That'd be awesome!! . I suggest you visit FF asap as I know lots have been selling fast there. 2 months ago, right after we purchased our lot, there were 39 left and I've seen quite a few sold since then. The price point starts in the low to mid $180s I think, and that's obviously something to consider. Good luck with your search and I hope you find the place that suits you and your wife the best!!

Old 04-06-2015, 12:45 AM

I checked out Woodbury and drove around. I see the sketchy areas but as another poster said that is once you pass W.T. Harris towards Independence. I did check out Fieldstone as well. I was very impressed with the Woodbury community but it seems like shops, dining, and grocery stores are a bit away.

Old 04-06-2015, 07:01 AM

In all honesty, I was sold on Woodbury the first time I visited. I thought the price was great and the location was also good since it's right off 485. If the assigned schools were good, I would have bought my home at Woodbury, no doubt!! But I just didn't want to deal with bad schools or figuring out where to send my girls in 2 years. I know that the school lines change often in Meck county, so who knows, in the future this community might get pulled into th Mint Hill schools. I looked at the school lines online, and for Mint Hill schools, the line ends right on Albemarle Road.

I also noticed that there we no stores or restaurants close to Woodbury, but I was fine with that. Sometimes we have to compromise when buying a home. Since you and your wife don't have kids, you can look past the schools issue and get a very nice house at an awesme price!! If you ever decide to start a family, you can always rent/sell the place and move to an area with better schools or perhaps by that time the school lines will be different and your location may be pulled into Mint Hill schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte