Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-06-2009, 06:33 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,688,242 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
Agree, MRDKB - kinda silly. I love Atlanta for Atlanta - but I am here in CLT and enjoy shopping in Charlotte. It is not like Phipps is 20 mins. from SP so I must choose where to go, LOL.

I, also, make occasional trips to ATL to shop. We don't have a Saks or a Bloomies. Other than that - I can find what I want here. I find specials at the hotels near Phipps and head out . . .

I think we are so lucky in CLT b/c we can get in the car and make a very easy trip to ATL if we choose to do so. Atlanta is a wonderful destination.
Agreed: Charlotte to Atlanta-----Atlanta to Charlotte: HAVE FUN!!!

Old 04-06-2009, 06:58 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,316,835 times
Just curious, how much of these superfluous goods are you buying in this economy?
And I know nice stuff, but it is not a focal point of my life. I have personally seen $200+ jeans (my beautiful wife's weakness) made in the same factory at $29 Old Navy jeans (I'm in the textile business), the jokes on you...
I do buy nice shoes, and have them resoled - have several pair 15+ years old.
BUT I do not need to buy them in CLT since they are available in every major city in the world - I suppose ATL is the nearest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
The directories are not updated on the website these are the exclusive stores at lenox and some that are coming soon SouthPark mall does look better than lenox i must says but phipps tops both in decor and design
Plus lenox has one of the largest Niemans and Macys and bloomingdales

Last edited by mullman; 04-06-2009 at 07:21 PM..

Old 04-06-2009, 07:00 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,752,139 times
Quote:
The directories are not updated on the website these are the exclusive stores at lenox and some that are coming soon
I don't understand what you mean by "exclusive". Below is a list of some of the stores "already" at South Park. Just my opinion, but I think if most people look at what's at Lenox, they'd agree its nothing above and beyond what's at South Park. Again, just my opinion.

Burberry
Hermes
Kenneth Cole
Lacoste
Lucky Brand Jeans
Michael Kors
PUMA
Ralph Lauren
Tommy Bahama
Tumi
Urban Outfitters
BCBGMAXAZRIA
bebe
Benetton
Billy Reid
Juicy Couture
Louis Vuitton
Neiman Marcus
St. Johns Boutique
Cole Haan
Nordstrom
Anthropologie
Crate & Barrel
Tiffany
Coach
Guess?
J. Crew
Apple Computer
Frontgate
Sur La Table

Old 04-06-2009, 08:45 PM

807 posts, read 2,515,798 times
My wife liked SouthPark better than Lennox and Phipps,but Lennox and Phipps are very nice though.
She had much better luck shopping in SouthPark than anywhere else,and we're coming back again in August.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:48 AM

1,303 posts, read 2,094,660 times
Quote:
Agree, MRDKB - kinda silly. I love Atlanta for Atlanta - but I am here in CLT and enjoy shopping in Charlotte. It is not like Phipps is 20 mins. from SP so I must choose where to go, LOL.

I, also, make occasional trips to ATL to shop. We don't have a Saks or a Bloomies. Other than that - I can find what I want here. I find specials at the hotels near Phipps and head out . . .

I think we are so lucky in CLT b/c we can get in the car and make a very easy trip to ATL if we choose to do so. Atlanta is a wonderful destination.

I dont understand the VS threads either I think Charlotte does well in Retail for a city of its Size and i am pretty sure that in the future there will be more retail to come.

Old 04-07-2009, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Just curious, how much of these superfluous goods are you buying in this economy?
And I know nice stuff, but it is not a focal point of my life. I have personally seen $200+ jeans (my beautiful wife's weakness) made in the same factory at $29 Old Navy jeans (I'm in the textile business), the jokes on you...
I do buy nice shoes, and have them resoled - have several pair 15+ years old.
BUT I do not need to buy them in CLT since they are available in every major city in the world - I suppose ATL is the nearest.

Well i am not in a recessions i want hurt buy so i can still shop at Zara diesal, Energie and Armani Exchange Niemans and Saks. iI just bought a pair of YSL high top sneakers yesterday they were on sale for 275 but i treat myself to these goods once a month. I support myself i dont have kids i make almost 60,000 so i can buy these things with no problem. Everyone isnt hurting from the economy. And Lenox is packed Every weekend, Its crazy because Lenox is still adding retail and phipps is getting a 2 level Barneys Co op there expanding so I guess everyone isnt effected.

Last edited by atlantaATL; 04-07-2009 at 12:09 PM..

Old 04-07-2009, 12:08 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Well i am not in a recessions i want hurt buy so i can still shop at Zara diesal, Energie and Armani Exchange Niemans and Saks. iI just bought a pair of YSL high top sneakers yesterday they were on sale for 275 but i treat myself to these goods once a month. Everyone isnt hurting from the economy. And Lenox is packed Every weekend, Its crazy because Lenox is still adding retail and phipps is getting a 2 level Barneys Co op there expanding so I guess everyone isnt effected.
No, everyone is not affected. If you are a pro ball player, for ex., you don't feel the recession. Thank goodness you are one of those fortunate people who can keep the economy stimulated by buying YSK high top sneakers for $275.

What work do you do, btw? Your descriptions of your luxe lifestyle have led me to believe I am not in the right field.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
I don't understand what you mean by "exclusive". Below is a list of some of the stores "already" at South Park. Just my opinion, but I think if most people look at what's at Lenox, they'd agree its nothing above and beyond what's at South Park. Again, just my opinion.

Burberry
Hermes
Kenneth Cole
Lacoste
Lucky Brand Jeans
Michael Kors
PUMA
Ralph Lauren
Tommy Bahama
Tumi
Urban Outfitters
BCBGMAXAZRIA
bebe
Benetton
Billy Reid
Juicy Couture
Louis Vuitton
Neiman Marcus
St. Johns Boutique
Cole Haan
Nordstrom
Anthropologie
Crate & Barrel
Tiffany
Coach
Guess?
J. Crew
Apple Computer
Frontgate
Sur La Table
\

Yeah those stores are everywhere.. Those are stores that every upscale mall may see. But here is a list which puts lenox ahead. South park stills has a way to go before catching lenox but i am not trying debate. in my opinion i dont see a comparison but with a few stores. here is about 28 more stores that Southpark doesnt have which is beyond whats at Southpark not to even mention whats at phipps

Facconable coming in 2009
Zegna coming in 2009
Gilly Hicks coming in 2009
Niemans which is 3 times bigger more designers
Ralph lauren 2 levels more selections.
Club monaco
Salvator ferragamo
David Yurman
Jacadi
Bvlgari
Cartier
Calvin Klien
Mark Shale
Nicole miller
Karen millen
Sony Style
Bloomingdales
Metropark
Ed hardy
7 for all Mankind
Diesal
true Reliegon
Zara
Miss sixty/ Energie
Betsey johnson
stuart wietzman
French Connection
Lush
addidas Originals
Nike store
Made Well

Old 04-07-2009, 12:30 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,316,835 times
Quote:
Well i am not in a recessions i want hurt buy so i can still shop at Zara diesal, Energie and Armani Exchange Niemans and Saks. iI just bought a pair of YSL high top sneakers yesterday they were on sale for 275 but i treat myself to these goods once a month. I support myself i dont have kids i make almost 60,000 so i can buy these things with no problem. Everyone isnt hurting from the economy. And Lenox is packed Every weekend, Its crazy because Lenox is still adding retail and phipps is getting a 2 level Barneys Co op there expanding so I guess everyone isnt effected.
Quote:
What work do you do, btw? Your descriptions of your luxe lifestyle have led me to believe I am not in the right field.
English teacher perhaps?

FWIW, I've driven cars that cost less than your sneaker habit...($275/mo)

Old 04-07-2009, 12:39 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,498,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
English teacher perhaps?

FWIW, I've driven cars that cost less than your sneaker habit...($275/mo)
I am paying less than that monthly for my son's Jeep right now! LOL!!!

You are a mind-reader, Mullman. I keep looking at the posts and thinking - what work is there available that would provide a high salary and not require one to be able to write/communicate on anything above a third grade level?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte