Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 06:40 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,093,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
Ha!!! All caps, I love it!! Again, the thread is "not" about Phipps. Never was. Its about Lenox and South Park. And you know what, we know you know that. That's why you keep bringing up Phipps.

I edited my post. The thread title is Lenox/phipps vs southpark. I gave you a list of all the stores lenox had. None of those stores on that list was from phipps. No lenox doesn't hav tiffanys and tommy. All those stores are at phipps without them lenox stills offers more than southpark.

Old 04-07-2009, 06:44 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
And my point is still that people that shop for the finest things are frequently (weekly) in a city that sells such.
For example, Charlotte should not be cited that we have no Gucci or the Ferragamo - I have called their NYC stores when I (rarely) need a new pair of loafers and get them tax free and usually shipped free. So, cheaper than if we had a store in town (I'd have to pay sales tax).

If I wanted to buy a new Patek Philippe Perpetual Calendar watch at $30K+ (depending on finish), why would I buy in CLT when I can buy from any large global city and skip the sales tax? Or just buy on a business trip and cheaply ship insured home and still skip on the sales tax.

In other words CLT still wins, if you are smart enough to know how to work the system (and use correct grammar and spelling).

But I still believe someone making $60K is living like a millionaire buying $275 sneakers every month and shopping at the stores you mention.
$60K does not afford such a lifestyle IMHO, unless you are saving 10-20% off the top in addition to your work 401K and have at least 6 months of living expenses in the bank.
Or possibly you are married to an athlete.

My [free] advice would be to save at your salary and not live so large.

Cash is king.
Stuff is fun, but there is no feeling like money in the bank.

Last edited by mullman; 04-07-2009 at 07:33 PM..

Old 04-07-2009, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
And my point is still that people that shop for the finest things are frequently (weekly) in a city that sells such.
For example, Charlotte should not be cited that we have no Gucci or the Ferragamo - I have called their NYC stores when I (rarely) need a new pair of loafers and get them tax free and usually shipped free. So, cheaper than if we had a store in town (I'd have to pay sales tax).

If I wanted to buy a new Patek Philippe Perpetual Calendar watch at $30K+ (depending on finish), why would I buy in CLT when I can buy from any large global city and skip the sales tax? Or just buy on a business trip and cheaply ship insured home and still skip on the sales tax.

In other words CLT still wins, if you are smart enough to know how to work the system (and use correct grammar and spelling).

But I still believe someone making $60K is living like a millionaire buying $275 sneakers every month and shopping at the stores you mention.
$60K does not afford such a lifestyle IMHO, unless you are saving 10-20% off the top in addition to your work 401K and have at least 6 months of living expenses in the bank.
Or possibly you are married to an athlete.

My [free] advice would be to save at your salary and not live so large.

Cash is king.
Stuff is fun, but there is no feeling like money in the bank.

You sound crazy. Don't tell me what to do with my money. if I want to spend my whole check on luxury goods I can do that. As long as my bills are paid I am fine. I make sure my priorties are taken care of first. If buying. 275 sneakers is living large then that's sad lol And like I said tomorrow is not promise. I'm going to enjoy life while I can .

Old 04-25-2009, 04:41 PM

341 posts, read 761,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
\

Yeah those stores are everywhere.. Those are stores that every upscale mall may see. But here is a list which puts lenox ahead. South park stills has a way to go before catching lenox but i am not trying debate. in my opinion i dont see a comparison but with a few stores. here is about 28 more stores that Southpark doesnt have which is beyond whats at Southpark not to even mention whats at phipps

Facconable coming in 2009
Zegna coming in 2009
Gilly Hicks coming in 2009
Niemans which is 3 times bigger more designers
Ralph lauren 2 levels more selections.
Club monaco
Salvator ferragamo
David Yurman
Jacadi
Bvlgari
Cartier
Calvin Klien
Mark Shale
Nicole miller
Karen millen
Sony Style
Bloomingdales
Metropark
Ed hardy
7 for all Mankind
Diesal
true Reliegon
Zara
Miss sixty/ Energie
Betsey johnson
stuart wietzman
French Connection
Lush
addidas Originals
Nike store
Made Well
I am pretty sure that Gilly Hicks was just a rumor.

Old 04-26-2009, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
I am pretty sure that Gilly Hicks was just a rumor.

Nope its sure not a Rumor sir no there in talks now with opening a location in the mall this year.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:00 PM

What will close for it? I am not sure if it is a rumor or not, but I e-mailed the mall and asked.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:15 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
WHO CARES? We live in Charlotte and we shop in Charlotte. Whatever Lenox and Phipps have means not a hill of beans if you don't live in Atlanta. Comparing SouthPark and Atlanta shopping centers is as goofy as comparing SouthPark and Chicago's Magnificent Mile.

Old 04-27-2009, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
WHO CARES? We live in Charlotte and we shop in Charlotte. Whatever Lenox and Phipps have means not a hill of beans if you don't live in Atlanta. Comparing SouthPark and Atlanta shopping centers is as goofy as comparing SouthPark and Chicago's Magnificent Mile.
I do not live in Atlanta. I am much closer to SouthPark than Lenox/Phipps, and I feel that SouthPark does not even compare to Lenox/Phipps. What would they close for Gilly Hicks?

Old 04-27-2009, 03:38 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
I do not live in Atlanta. I am much closer to SouthPark than Lenox/Phipps, and I feel that SouthPark does not even compare to Lenox/Phipps. What would they close for Gilly Hicks?
GH is a branch of Abercrombie-Fitch. Maybe they are gonna market the products differently and use space at AF. Who knows?

Old 04-27-2009, 04:38 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
GH is a branch of Abercrombie-Fitch. Maybe they are gonna market the products differently and use space at AF. Who knows?
I remember when AF sold quality expedition and outdoor gear, not all that hip-hop teenybopper stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte