Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 01:14 PM

1,303 posts, read 2,095,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentricbeethoven View Post
LOL! calm down and have a cup of Chamomile tea It was A joke Shirley Franklin. You are wrong if you think class is something you buy!!!!!!!!! GUCCI, PRADA, FERRAGAMO!!! see how silly this all sound in a recession.

Everyone isnt in a recession maybe you are in a recession but not everyone

Old 04-29-2009, 01:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
Your repetitive posts (on the Charlotte forum no less) on how ATL is so much 'better' than CLT because of all the exotic shopping is just getting soooo old.

Keeping enjoying ATL, and shopping like a rock star.
If that makes you feel cooler than us, sobeit.

LOL LOl LOl LOl LOl LOL LOL your face is getting old

Old 04-29-2009, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
You’d have to understand Atlanta. I do, because I’ve lived there. To many of those folks, class is indeed something you buy. Case in point, this thread, where you have one of their citizens; a “male” citizen at that, who measures a city’s worth by its ability, or lack thereof, to supply the latest pair of Jimmy Choo shoes. It’s immaterial that you can simply buy the brand in your city; oh no, life is the “Gold is Gold” mentality from that scene in The Wiz; if you saw that movie. So the fact that we have stores like Neiman Marcus, etc., counts for nothing. The question is; "How many Neiman’s do you have?" eyes roll, neck twist, with a finger snap! LMAO!!! Unfortunately that attitude is very prevalent in Atlanta. Which explains why Atlanta is one of the most prosperous metro areas in the country, and yet has some of the highest rates of bankruptcies and foreclosures.

LOL LOL LOL LOL You guys are touched

Old 04-29-2009, 01:20 PM

[quote=eccentricbeethoven;8570263]
Quote:
You’d have to understand Atlanta. I do, because I’ve lived there. To many of those folks, class is indeed something you buy. Case in point, this thread, where you have one of their citizens; a “male” citizen at that, who measures a city’s worth by its ability, or lack thereof, to supply the latest pair of Jimmy Choo shoes. It’s immaterial that you can simply buy the brand in your city; oh no, life is the “Gold is Gold” mentality from that scene in The Wiz; if you saw that movie. So the fact that we have stores like Neiman Marcus, etc., counts for nothing. The question is; "How many Neiman’s do you have?" eyes roll, neck twist, with a finger snap! LMAO!!! Unfortunately that attitude is very prevalent in Atlanta. Which explains why Atlanta is one of the most prosperous metro areas in the country, and yet has some of the highest rates of bankruptcies and foreclosures.[/quote Yeah!!! I am from the DC area, so i know what you saying.................. but it still about the person LOL. Thank Carolina for some clarity about ATL.

YOu guys are touched what was clarified? the fact that thru all the banruptcies and forclosures Atlanta still is on top

Old 04-29-2009, 01:33 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,319,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
LOL LOl LOl LOl LOl LOL LOL your face is getting old
OK.

Recess is over, time for English class.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:36 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,524,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
OK.

Recess is over, time for English class.
And an etiquette class, as well.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:51 PM

3,774 posts, read 8,200,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
LOL LOL LOL LOL You guys are touched

Old 04-29-2009, 07:44 PM

341 posts, read 762,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vindaloo View Post
Why don't you go to the city-data for Atlanta. I don't think many of us give a damn about what Atlanta has that Charlotte doesn't. But, Southpark is much, much nicer than Lenox which is slowly becoming a big Eastland Mall.
Lenox is much nicer. There are teenagers at Lenox & Eastland. However, the teenagers there are mostly upper-middle class teenagers while at Eastland they are lower class teenagers. They are also not annoying and actually buy things. Yeah, SouthPark is much nicer with their little teenieboppers that have $5 tee shirts that say Airmail on them. Lenox does not have an Aeropostale store, which is better. But it does have the next to worst thing, American Eagle. I used to like SouthPark better, but now I like lenox better. Since I used to like SouthPark better and am closer to it, this is not a biased opinion. SouthPark is just an area of semi rich people and a few businesses. At Lenox, the area has many businesses and towers than make it a city...not an area.

Old 04-29-2009, 08:36 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,754,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
Lenox is much nicer. There are teenagers at Lenox & Eastland. However, the teenagers there are mostly upper-middle class teenagers while at Eastland they are lower class teenagers. They are also not annoying and actually buy things...
When was the last time you were at Lenox? That is not the case at all. The "upper-middle-class" Atlanta teens you speak of hang out at places like Perimeter and Northpoint. They do not hang out at Lenox anymore. Go to Lenox late on a Saturday afternoon and you will see the crowd there looks just like Eastland mall. Baggy pants, white tees, doo rags and all. Don't get me wrong, Buckhead is a wealthy area, and obviously a lot of weathly people shop at Lenox. But I'd have to guess they go during the week, or during off hours, like early during the day on the weekend. You go there during "primetime" Saturday and you'll see what I mean. Lenox has a tendancy to get real ghetto at times.

Old 04-29-2009, 09:49 PM

1,176 posts, read 2,689,337 times
Quote:
When was the last time you were at Lenox? That is not the case at all. The "upper-middle-class" Atlanta teens you speak of hang out at places like Perimeter and Northpoint. They do not hang out at Lenox anymore. Go to Lenox late on a Saturday afternoon and you will see the crowd there looks just like Eastland mall. Baggy pants, white tees, doo rags and all. Don't get me wrong, Buckhead is a wealthy area, and obviously a lot of weathly people shop at Lenox. But I'd have to guess they go during the week, or during off hours, like early during the day on the weekend. You go there during "primetime" Saturday and you'll see what I mean. Lenox has a tendancy to get real ghetto at times.
Ignorant comment.
Here's the difference: Eastland mall is clsoed because of the shooting in the Mall (my mother was in the mall when this occurred), lack of business, and violence. Cars get broken into and it's not safe.

Lennox mall - people pehaps do look like what you described. THEY ARE NOT TRASHING UP THE MALL BREAKING IN CARS, AND PACKING GUNS. The clients (despite the somtimes baggy pants you see is located in one of the wealthiest areas in the country) are not the same. To say that all kids (and you mean black) that wear baggy pants are not not in a certain income class is ridiculous.

I work in Charlotte 3 days a week and have visited all of the malls/shopping. While Charlotte is nice you cannot compare. The nice concord mills mall has several car break-ins. You do not have that going on in metro-atlanta in comparable areas (i.e. Budford's Mall of GA)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte