Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 02:14 AM

1,303 posts, read 2,097,311 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
And?....

My opinion is that if you are able to afford such items you are already regularly traveling to places that sell such, whether on business or pleasure.
Why does every city have to have the same ubiquitous crap, especially when you can order online or via a store directly?
And trust me, I like nice stuff, I just do not see your point.

How much Baccarat, Dolce & Gabbana, PRADA, or Brioni are you going to buy in a month?
If you can afford it, you are probably traveling regularly to places that already sell it.

If ATL is your ultimate shopping destination, then...enjoy!

Why are you getting Touched. Its just a forum sweety calm down its alright. Lenox and Phipss are the Shopping destination of the Southeast.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:09 AM

355 posts, read 993,709 times
Default you took the bait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
Atlanta has more rich people. They are getting a Baccarat, Dolce & Gabbana, PRADA?, Brioni?, and more. Atlanta has had a GUCCI since 1969...and Charlotte does not have one yet. SouthPark is much more middle market than Lenox or Phipps. I think that Lenox is actually classier. It has Neiman Marcus (more upscale than SFA), Bloomingdale's (More upscale than Nordstrom) & Macy's (more upscale than their Belk). However, some ways it does not seem classier. The only thing better than in Charlotte is Belk.
LOL! calm down and have a cup of Chamomile tea It was A joke Shirley Franklin. You are wrong if you think class is something you buy!!!!!!!!! GUCCI, PRADA, FERRAGAMO!!! see how silly this all sound in a recession.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:12 AM

4,280 posts, read 11,324,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
Go Lay down
Quote:
Why are you getting Touched. Its just a forum sweety calm down its alright. Lenox and Phipss are the Shopping destination of the Southeast.
Your repetitive posts (on the Charlotte forum no less) on how ATL is so much 'better' than CLT because of all the exotic shopping is just getting soooo old.

Keeping enjoying ATL, and shopping like a rock star.
If that makes you feel cooler than us, sobeit.

Last edited by mullman; 04-29-2009 at 06:50 AM..

Old 04-29-2009, 11:44 AM

2,742 posts, read 6,757,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentricbeethoven View Post
LOL! calm down and have a cup of Chamomile tea It was A joke Shirley Franklin. You are wrong if you think class is something you buy!!!!!!!!! GUCCI, PRADA, FERRAGAMO!!! see how silly this all sound in a recession.
You’d have to understand Atlanta. I do, because I’ve lived there. To many of those folks, class is indeed something you buy. Case in point, this thread, where you have one of their citizens; a “male” citizen at that, who measures a city’s worth by its ability, or lack thereof, to supply the latest pair of Jimmy Choo shoes. It’s immaterial that you can simply buy the brand in your city; oh no, life is the “Gold is Gold” mentality from that scene in The Wiz; if you saw that movie. So the fact that we have stores like Neiman Marcus, etc., counts for nothing. The question is; "How many Neiman’s do you have?" eyes roll, neck twist, with a finger snap! LMAO!!! Unfortunately that attitude is very prevalent in Atlanta. Which explains why Atlanta is one of the most prosperous metro areas in the country, and yet has some of the highest rates of bankruptcies and foreclosures.

Old 04-29-2009, 11:58 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,562,181 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
You’d have to understand Atlanta. I do, because I’ve lived there. To many of those folks, class is indeed something you buy. Case in point, this thread, where you have one of their citizens; a “male” citizen at that, who measures a city’s worth by its ability, or lack thereof, to supply the latest pair of Jimmy Choo shoes. It’s immaterial that you can simply buy the brand in your city; oh no, life is the “Gold is Gold” mentality from that scene in The Wiz; if you saw that movie. So the fact that we have stores like Neiman Marcus, etc., counts for nothing. The question is; "How many Neiman’s do you have?" eyes roll, neck twist, with a finger snap! LMAO!!! Unfortunately that attitude is very prevalent in Atlanta. Which explains why Atlanta is one of the most prosperous metro areas in the country, and yet has some of the highest rates of bankruptcies and foreclosures.
Thank you, thank you, CB, for putting all this in context, cause honestly, I have found it BAFFLING!!!! I was raised to understand that breeding, education, social graces, travel and subtleties such as good grammar, were the things that determined your class. You can be born into wealth or poverty, but you don't stay in that "class" if your BEHAVIOR varies outside that "class." I was also taught that BLING is vulgar, classics are always in vogue and the really wealthy NEVER "wear their wealth" - to do so is gauche, tacky and smacks of poor (or no) breeding.

So I have not understood this obsession w/ "what store does YOUR city have" (or not have).

I really appreciate your explaining it.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:00 PM

[quote=Carolina Blue;8569991]You’d have to understand Atlanta. I do, because I’ve lived there. To many of those folks, class is indeed something you buy. Case in point, this thread, where you have one of their citizens; a “male” citizen at that, who measures a city’s worth by its ability, or lack thereof, to supply the latest pair of Jimmy Choo shoes. It’s immaterial that you can simply buy the brand in your city; oh no, life is the “Gold is Gold” mentality from that scene in The Wiz; if you saw that movie. So the fact that we have stores like Neiman Marcus, etc., counts for nothing. The question is; "How many Neiman’s do you have?" eyes roll, neck twist, with a finger snap! LMAO!!! Unfortunately that attitude is very prevalent in Atlanta. Which explains why Atlanta is one of the most prosperous metro areas in the country, and yet has some of the highest rates of bankruptcies and foreclosures.[/quote Yeah!!! I am from the DC area, so i know what you saying.................. but it still about the person LOL. Thank Carolina for some clarity about ATL.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:02 PM

[quote=eccentricbeethoven;8570263]
Quote:
You’d have to understand Atlanta. I do, because I’ve lived there. To many of those folks, class is indeed something you buy. Case in point, this thread, where you have one of their citizens; a “male” citizen at that, who measures a city’s worth by its ability, or lack thereof, to supply the latest pair of Jimmy Choo shoes. It’s immaterial that you can simply buy the brand in your city; oh no, life is the “Gold is Gold” mentality from that scene in The Wiz; if you saw that movie. So the fact that we have stores like Neiman Marcus, etc., counts for nothing. The question is; "How many Neiman’s do you have?" eyes roll, neck twist, with a finger snap! LMAO!!! Unfortunately that attitude is very prevalent in Atlanta. Which explains why Atlanta is one of the most prosperous metro areas in the country, and yet has some of the highest rates of bankruptcies and foreclosures. Yeah!!! I am from the DC area, so i know what you saying.................. but it still about the person LOL. Thank Carolina for some clarity about ATL.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:05 PM

4,222 posts, read 7,905,919 times
Quote:
Why don't you go to the city-data for Atlanta. I don't think many of us give a damn about what Atlanta has that Charlotte doesn't. But, Southpark is much, much nicer than Lenox which is slowly becoming a big Eastland Mall.

Old 04-29-2009, 12:06 PM

[quote=eccentricbeethoven;8570289] Sorry about the gaffee!

Old 04-29-2009, 01:00 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,324,795 times
Quote:
Which explains why Atlanta is one of the most prosperous metro areas in the country, and yet has some of the highest rates of bankruptcies and foreclosures.
Sounds like a case of $60,000 millionaires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte