Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 06:23 PM

341 posts, read 761,437 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
GH is a branch of Abercrombie-Fitch. Maybe they are gonna market the products differently and use space at AF. Who knows?
Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
I remember when AF sold quality expedition and outdoor gear, not all that hip-hop teenybopper stuff.
They are not going to use Abercrombie & Fitch. They can not cut down on space in that store beacuse it is currently the largest in Atlanta. Also, it is small for the size of Atlanta. They have never done that in any other store. I think that the best thing the mall should do is downsize GAP by moving the Kids/Baby store with the regular store and putting Gilly Hicks there. Atlanta should also have a RUEHL.

Abercrombie & Fitch is defiently not "hip hop". It is not intended for "teenyboppers". Would a store turn away a sale and tell a person to leave if they do not look how the store wants them to look? I think not.

Old 04-27-2009, 06:45 PM

4,280 posts, read 11,310,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
Abercrombie & Fitch is defiently not "hip hop". It is not intended for "teenyboppers". Would a store turn away a sale and tell a person to leave if they do not look how the store wants them to look? I think not.
Guess I am showing my age then LOL.

My point was I remember when A&F was more like a Northface or maybe LL Bean but selling expedition wear and mostly gear as opposed to fashion type clothing. Banana Republic was very similar in the late 70s until GAP acquired them in the 80s. Also more like the J Peterman Company late 80s. Those old catalogs are a hoot.

Old 04-28-2009, 12:07 AM

1,303 posts, read 2,093,134 times
Quote:
WHO CARES? We live in Charlotte and we shop in Charlotte. Whatever Lenox and Phipps have means not a hill of beans if you don't live in Atlanta. Comparing SouthPark and Atlanta shopping centers is as goofy as comparing SouthPark and Chicago's Magnificent Mile.

The people in Charlotte Care all the people from NC that are here on tha weekends shopping. And thats because Atlanta offers way more than charlotte. This was a stupid comparison

Old 04-28-2009, 11:07 AM

355 posts, read 992,469 times
Charlotte is more classy than Atlanta LOL!!!!!!!!!! Start the debate LOL!!!!!!!!

Old 04-28-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentricbeethoven View Post
Charlotte is more classy than Atlanta LOL!!!!!!!!!! Start the debate LOL!!!!!!!!

Yeseeeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! start the debate

Old 04-28-2009, 05:16 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,448,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atlantaATL View Post
The people in Charlotte Care all the people from NC that are here on tha weekends shopping. And thats because Atlanta offers way more than charlotte. This was a stupid comparison
That was not a stupid comparison at all. Unless someone is traveling out of town, they shop w/in a few miles of their homes.

I find it strange that you would keep coming here to the Charlotte forum and promoting shopping in Atlanta. If you love shopping in ATL - great! So shop in Atlanta! If you don't like SouthPark, don't shop there. This is not hard.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:30 PM

Quote:
I find it strange that you would keep coming here to the Charlotte forum and promoting shopping in Atlanta. If you love shopping in ATL - great! So shop in Atlanta! If you don't like SouthPark, don't shop there. This is not hard.
+1

We spend 2-3 weekends in ATL a year.
Not for the shopping, but just to get away from the grind in a nice hotel.
Many times we might only venture out of the hotel 1-2x.
Sleep in, room service breakfast, read awhile, visit a few antique shops, then dinner dressed in the hotel restaurant.

I just do not see the point of this thread.
Anyone who can buy expensive things is regularly traveling, whether business or pleasure, to the places that sell such on a regular basis (NYC, London, Paris, Zurich, Vienna, Moscow, Dubai, Tokyo, etc).

If ATL is your ultimate shopping destination, then...OK Enjoy!
I just don't see why it matters if you can buy the latest fad $45 printed T-Shirt or $250 sneakers locally - who cares?
Most of the mass market stuff is vain crap anyway and available dot-com from anywhere on the planet with a phone and a valid credit card.

Besides, I liked CLT better 20+ years ago.
I know I am not going to get any points for that statement...

Last edited by mullman; 04-28-2009 at 06:47 PM..

Old 04-28-2009, 06:42 PM

341 posts, read 761,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eccentricbeethoven View Post
Atlanta has more rich people. They are getting a Baccarat, Dolce & Gabbana, PRADA?, Brioni?, and more. Atlanta has had a GUCCI since 1969...and Charlotte does not have one yet. SouthPark is much more middle market than Lenox or Phipps. I think that Lenox is actually classier. It has Neiman Marcus (more upscale than SFA), Bloomingdale's (More upscale than Nordstrom) & Macy's (more upscale than their Belk). However, some ways it does not seem classier. The only thing better than in Charlotte is Belk.

Old 04-28-2009, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ct36 View Post
Atlanta has more rich people.
And?....

My opinion is that if you are able to afford such items you are already regularly traveling to places that sell such, whether on business or pleasure.
Why does every city have to have the same ubiquitous crap, especially when you can order online or via a store directly?
And trust me, I like nice stuff, I just do not see your point.

How much Baccarat, Dolce & Gabbana, PRADA, or Brioni are you going to buy in a month?
If you can afford it, you are probably traveling regularly to places that already sell it.

If ATL is your ultimate shopping destination, then...enjoy!

Last edited by mullman; 04-28-2009 at 07:10 PM..

Old 04-29-2009, 02:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mullman View Post
+1

We spend 2-3 weekends in ATL a year.
Not for the shopping, but just to get away from the grind in a nice hotel.
Many times we might only venture out of the hotel 1-2x.
Sleep in, room service breakfast, read awhile, visit a few antique shops, then dinner dressed in the hotel restaurant.

I just do not see the point of this thread.
Anyone who can buy expensive things is regularly traveling, whether business or pleasure, to the places that sell such on a regular basis (NYC, London, Paris, Zurich, Vienna, Moscow, Dubai, Tokyo, etc).

If ATL is your ultimate shopping destination, then...OK Enjoy!
I just don't see why it matters if you can buy the latest fad $45 printed T-Shirt or $250 sneakers locally - who cares?
Most of the mass market stuff is vain crap anyway and available dot-com from anywhere on the planet with a phone and a valid credit card.

Besides, I liked CLT better 20+ years ago.
I know I am not going to get any points for that statement...

Go Lay down
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte