Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2009, 08:04 PM

20 posts, read 88,306 times

Advertisements

Thank you for all of your help! My wife and I thank you very much, this is great information to have, since we were looking to ask the same exact question!

Is there any chance anyone can provide links to Presby uptown? I tried myself and got this: Home What I was hoping was to get a web link that would take me directly to their birth center, so i could read up on them a bit.

Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 08:17 PM

1,894 posts, read 6,465,780 times
We're about 8-9 weeks out from having our baby boy at Presby. We're using the Rankin Women's Center and have been happy so far.

Maternity Services

RANKINWOMENSCENTER.COM

This is what sold us on Presby Main...a Level 4 Neonatal unit: Neonatal Intensive Care

I have many co-workers who have many babies at Presby, as well as CMC. Both got good recommendations, but Presby won in our minds. I think I heard a couple of odd billing issues with CMC...like being approached by medical bill staff hours after the baby's birth. That didn't sit well with me. I'll be sure to let folks know how everyhting goes with the delivery in a couple months.

Old 05-21-2009, 12:54 AM

99 posts, read 293,025 times
Charlotte native- mom works in healthcare here since forever. Presbyterian - Hands down, although CMC is not bad if you can't get in.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:57 AM

20 posts, read 88,306 times
Wow! It is greatly appreciated ot hear the type of feedback from everyone, its great, helpful information!!

Any recommendations for the best OBY/GYN in Charlotte?? :-)

Old 06-06-2009, 08:43 PM

232 posts, read 728,639 times
Hi, I had my 2nd child at CMC - Charlotte- and it was the BEST experience. I also went to Charlotte/OBGYN. They were great. My 1st child was born in Boston at Beth Israel Deaconess. My 3rd child was born in PA. The experience I had at CMC was the best out of all three deliveries.

Old 06-07-2009, 06:09 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
Be aware that it also depends where your doctors does deliveries. My ob/gyn is Dr Goldman at Carmel OB/Gyn which, I thought, is an affiliate of Presbyterian but he only delivers at CMC Pineville.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:24 PM
amp

519 posts, read 1,516,066 times
I have had 2 friends that have delivered at CMC Main and felt that their experience was better than their previous delivery, one was in Long Island and the other in Florida.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:33 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
There really isn't a hospital in town with a bad rep for delivering babies - they're all great

Old 07-28-2009, 08:06 AM

30 posts, read 95,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pointman55 View Post
Since my wife and I are new to the area, it would really helpful to get your feedback on what you believe to be the best hospital (doesn’t matter what area in Charlotte) to have a new born baby. The ideal situation for us is a private room, and such. Any opinions are greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!
[SIZE=3] [/SIZE]
Hi, We will reach Charlotte mid August. I am pregnant now. I need a good maternity hospital. Read from rview, think Presby Uptown sound good. Do you have their website?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte