Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 04:23 PM

2,193 posts, read 5,053,560 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagocubs View Post
don't forget to check for foreclosures. There seem to be a lot in the 28226 zip code.
Huh? Are you sure that is accurate information? Do you have links?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 04:40 PM

45,218 posts, read 100,694,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenie2000 View Post
Huh? Are you sure that is accurate information? Do you have links?
Looks like she got her zip codes confused, 28226 is one of the most stable areas of Charlotte

Old 07-19-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abrew View Post
School and safety is what I am concerning about since I have kids in 3rd grade. I am thinking of purchasing a house in one of these areas in Mecklenbur: Highland Creek,Lexington,The Arbors, Davis Lake, but I am not able to relocate there until I line up a local job. I have to travel for my job as I am an IT consultant therefore I will be leaving my house sitting idle for a long time, sometimes up to 3-4 months or longer. Do you think this area is safe enough to leave your house empty for that long? Are there renters that like to rent houses in these areas if I want to go that route? These are nice houses and in 175K - 240K.

Thanks for your opinions.
Guess I'm confused...if schools are important but you won't be in your home for 3-4 months at a time, when do you think your family will live there?

The key to leaving any home unoccupied for any long period of time is to get to know the next door neighbors and ask them to watch over it for you. Give them all your contact info so they can reach you in some kind of emergency.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:14 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,032,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovesMountains View Post
Looks like she got her zip codes confused, 28226 is one of the most stable areas of Charlotte
not from what I am seeing at work. I am seeing a HUGE depreciation and lots of appraisals showing foreclosures. Same as Huntersville. Sorry, guys.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
not from what I am seeing at work. I am seeing a HUGE depreciation and lots of appraisals showing foreclosures. Same as Huntersville. Sorry, guys.
Links please Not that a foreclosure can't happen anywhere, they do. I even have one in my neighborhood of 600 homes. But 28226 is VERY stable in general - you'd find a lot more foreclosures to choose from in most other parts of town.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Post the houses you are talking about, or street names?
I am under contract on a home in that zip code and really I have no idea what you are talking about.

I have searched and researched these areas for several months. I have seen houses in that area as a buyer. I have seen ONE short sale in the past several months. There are very very few if any foreclosures in these parts.

The appraisal came back saying it was a very stable market also. The report said "REO'S DO NOT APPEAR TO BE A FACTOR IN THIS PART OF THE MARKET."Now I don't know how valid appraisals are as ours came conveniently back at our exact purchase price lol but I do think this area is pretty stable. While it may have suffered some declines, I don't think it's an issue of rampant foreclosures that you are saying.

Old 07-19-2009, 05:57 PM

can't provide links or addresses as this is what I am seeing at work...on my job. Can't divulge any pertinent information. If you don't want to take my word for it, so be it.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
can't provide links or addresses as this is what I am seeing at work...on my job. Can't divulge any pertinent information. If you don't want to take my word for it, so be it.
Well foreclosures aren't secrets. I can go to real estate lookup tool and find out if a house was foreclosed upon. Or I can go on allentate.com and it'll say if it's a foreclosure as well. You can post an MLS# as an example.

Secondly, in the below link you posted and said you can go to the real esate lookup tool and find out if a house is a foreclosure.
You wrote "And I did mine, and 4 out of 6 sales were foreclosures. (evidenced by "sales price: "0" )"

But this is inaccurate. The house I'm purchasing says 0 also as the last sale date in 2005. It was/is NOT a foreclosure. It says zero because the couple got a divorce and the deed was granted to the wife solely. It's obvious this is what happened bc the sale occurred in 2002 and the deed of trust said Mr and Mrs XXX, married. Then in 2005 it says Ms XXX, separated on the deed of trust (and the deed said as part of separation agreement). All this information is public information online at the register of deeds.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...ysis-tool.html

I don't mean to slam this on you. But if one of ours research is inaccurate, I'd like to know why there is a complete difference in opinion.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sheenie2000 View Post
Well foreclosures aren't secrets. I can go to real estate lookup tool and find out if a house was foreclosed upon. Or I can go on allentate.com and it'll say if it's a foreclosure as well. You can post an MLS# as an example.

Secondly, in the below link you posted and said you can go to the real esate lookup tool and find out if a house is a foreclosure.
You wrote "And I did mine, and 4 out of 6 sales were foreclosures. (evidenced by "sales price: "0" )"

But this is inaccurate. The house I'm purchasing says 0 also as the last sale date in 2005. It was/is NOT a foreclosure. It says zero because the couple got a divorce and the deed was granted to the wife solely. It's obvious this is what happened bc the sale occurred in 2002 and the deed of trust said Mr and Mrs XXX, married. Then in 2005 it says Ms XXX, separated on the deed of trust (and the deed said as part of separation agreement). All this information is public information online at the register of deeds.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/charl...ysis-tool.html

I don't mean to slam this on you. But if one of ours research is inaccurate, I'd like to know why there is a complete difference in opinion.
Actually, Sheenie, I was just going to post that. You can look at the type of deed that was used for the sale to determine if it is a foreclosure or not. If the seller was the secretary of housing & development or a bank...yep. that is a foreclosure. if it is a quit claim deed as what appears to be in your case, you can see that, too. So, you are actually doing the right thing.

Old 07-19-2009, 06:32 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,464,470 times
Quote:
don't forget to check for foreclosures. There seem to be a lot in the 28226 zip code.
Under $600,000? I will have to check that out. I have been telling everyone that it is very hard to find anything at all under that price range. Just a month or so ago, I checked and could not find but a handful of houses listed under that price. I am constantly amazed at how fast things are going into foreclosure here. Dang.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte