Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 06:31 PM

7,041 posts, read 15,028,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by susan42 View Post
LOL -imagining Pandas sitting at our patio area drinking iced tea!Wonder what the cat would make of that?
Thanks for the info.
oooh...I'd love to see the pandas!!!

saw them in China (Sichuan, specifically) at the breeding center. They were so adorable. one of the girls in my group made a $165.00 donation to the center for the honour of holding one. She (the panda) made it worth it for the young lady by giving her a kiss on the cheek!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-10-2010, 05:44 AM

8 posts, read 15,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by susan42 View Post

DH went to a place in Huntersville and they will have some clumped plants in in the next few weeks at around $15 per plant.
Not sure how that compares to any other prices yet.
Thanks again for all the info
Did you end up getting bamboo from Huntersville? If so may I ask from which place?

Old 02-10-2010, 09:19 AM

78 posts, read 228,155 times
Great thread !

I remember talking to mean old guy at Growers Outlet about Bamboo. They did not carry it
due to the legal liability when it invades neighbors yards.

He told me a story (which as mean old guy is rare since he is usually being mean) of a person
who had to pay for the annual removal of bamboo from his neighbor's yard. It cost 1000's.

So I was sad to have to let Bamboo go as an option (We have a number of Japanese themed elements in our garden). But now I have renewed interest with those clumping bamboos !! Thank you Charlotte forum, you have provided with great info once again !!!

Old 06-29-2010, 01:32 PM

2 posts, read 2,222 times
There are 2 types of bamboo - clumping and running. Running is more prolific in colder climates and can be invasive if you don't contain it. However, clumping is just fine for NC and is not invasive. You can just keep it trimmed back. Google away and read up on it. Not all bamboo is invasive and difficult to control.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte