Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2009, 02:59 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
If you read that article and only got one stat from it, then you either didn’t read all of it, or didn’t understand the numbers that were given. The most important “stat” from the article, was not the one you quoted. Here’s a synopsis for you…

“Initial” unemployment insurance claims…
July 08 vs. July 09 = 5% increase
June 08 vs June 09 = 76% increase

And please ignore CouponJack’s usual conjecture. That article simply stated a “fact”. Layoff’s have slowed…for the current months reviewed…period. Very short and to the point. It’s probably the world’s shortest article, but somehow he “interpreted” it to say…”Happy days are here again…All’s well now…Here comes the V shaped recovery!!!” WTH????

I give opinions and try to interpret what is printed in paper. I have alot of respect for certain posters on this board who I DISAGREE with certain times, but at least they have opinions and do not just cut and paste articles (which is a TOTAL waste of time).......sound like anyone familiar??

I use idiom's alot. 99.9% of the people on this board understand that. You obviously have a hard time understanding from most of your responses...

Also, I'm still waiting for your predictions on this market from last year and before like I asked....when are you going to post that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 05:49 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,748,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I give opinions and try to interpret what is printed in paper. I have alot of respect for certain posters on this board who I DISAGREE with certain times, but at least they have opinions and do not just cut and paste articles (which is a TOTAL waste of time).......sound like anyone familiar??

I use idiom's alot. 99.9% of the people on this board understand that. You obviously have a hard time understanding from most of your responses...

Also, I'm still waiting for your predictions on this market from last year and before like I asked....when are you going to post that?
Idiom's...right. And again I say, your credibility would be better spared if you'd add some objectivity to your comments. You can also try admitting when you're wrong, rather than continue to profess you're always right...

Exhibit A: //www.city-data.com/forum/charl...under-way.html

Old 08-11-2009, 06:04 PM

4,010 posts, read 10,206,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Blue View Post
Actually, your reply proves my point about people’s reading comprehension, especially the comment about June 2008 not being relevant. After reading your diatribe, I have NO idea what article you are referring to. Because you’re definitely not referring to the one the OP noted.
I was referring to what you posted in response to me. I know you must know this as I assume (though it might be a stretch) that you know why we use quote. If you can't admit that you were wrong in your interpretation of what you cut and pasted right into this topic, then trying to detract from this by more name calling and insults only makes you look worse. So far you are racking up a pretty good tally of insults with various forumers in this topic.

One tip. If you actually knew what diatribe meant, you would not have used it here. But thanks.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:10 PM

14,688 posts, read 26,603,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CouponJack View Post
I use idiom's alot.
You use an idiom's what, exactly?

Old 08-11-2009, 06:48 PM

9,116 posts, read 17,718,482 times
Definition for ya....

An idiom is a phrase whose meaning cannot be determined by the literal definition of the phrase itself, but refers instead to a figurative meaning that is known only through common use. In linguistics, idioms are widely assumed to be figures of speech that contradict the principle of compositionality; however, this has shown to be a subject of debate.

part in bold to enlighten Carolina Blue who takes everything literally.....

And who can't answer a question w/o asking another question....

Old 08-11-2009, 06:53 PM

2,742 posts, read 6,748,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumbollo View Post
I was referring to what you posted in response to me. I know you must know this as I assume (though it might be a stretch) that you know why we use quote. If you can't admit that you were wrong in your interpretation of what you cut and pasted right into this topic, then trying to detract from this by more name calling and insults only makes you look worse. So far you are racking up a pretty good tally of insults with various forumers in this topic.

One tip. If you actually knew what diatribe meant, you would not have used it here. But thanks.
Here you go again. I believe you're having a conversation with yourself. What on earth are you talking about? What did I cut and paste into this topic, and what was I wrong about?

Old 08-11-2009, 06:57 PM

I know the defintion of the word idiom.

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with possesive nouns. By adding an apostrophe + s to idiom you are saying that something belongs to an idiom.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:03 PM

716 posts, read 1,544,035 times
Start studying the word Depression cause thats where we are headed this Fall!!!

Old 08-11-2009, 07:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharlotteCharlotte View Post
Start studying the word Depression cause thats where we are headed this Fall!!!
Don't worry, I have my pencil cup all set to go.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:28 PM

716 posts, read 1,544,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bs13690 View Post
Don't worry, I have my pencil cup all set to go.

Good
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Charlotte